1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Razer Mamba 2015 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 9 Oct 2015.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

Did I just read a review of a £135 mouse lol?

3. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Razer's 2014 offering left a sour taste in my mouth. Random signal cut outs when just using it for Windows and a very poor battery life made me search for a new Logitech MX3200 instead. Oh, and the thumb resting pad seemed to be stuck on with the most ineffective adhesive I have ever seen.

4. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

£135
    Only those in straitjackets need apply.
    And they can't use them.

5. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Adjustable button click force, how anal do you need to be to adjust that.

My good old g5 has adjustable weights, put the full lot in and haven't changed them in 6 years plus, keyboard has adjustable led colours, set It to blue and that's the way it stayed. Gimics are just that and 135 is ridiculous.

6. ya93sin

ya93sin What's a Dremel?

I bought the Mamba 2012 early last year. Pointless waste of money unless you want wireless, the Deathadder I replaced was far more reliable.

Currently in Windows 10 I can't even use the Mamba in wireless mode as the sensitivity goes insanely low. Windows 8/8.1 were ok though.

7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Just had my third (and what will be final) Razer mouse fail on me.

It seems that massive prices to do not equal quality on these mice.

8. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

It's not what a product is worth, it's how much folk are willing to pay. The UK currency is incredible valuable. For example £135 = $780 Brazilian real (where I live) and I can eat for three weeks with that! They can take a few pence of components and turn massive profits. I used to work in Maplin in UK, and even the mark- up there was into the multiple 100s of % for some stuff.

9. forum_user

forum_user forum_title

Charge more than your competitors - people think it is the best mouse due to being most expensive.

Fool + money = soon parted

10. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

Back when I upgraded to my first SATA motherboard, I still had IDE HDDs I wanted to continue using so I looked at those IDE-to-SATA adapter boards.

eBay: £3 inc. delivery
    Maplin: £25 (no joke!)

That store has an utterly bizarre mixture of "reasonable" pricing and completely obscene gouging!

11. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Yeah...the battery in my 1st Gen Mamba (£110, Scan Computers) exploded in my hand...

Methinks I'll be giving this a miss.

12. beef1e

beef1e What's a Dremel?

Yup... i totally agree with the other comments here.

I was suckered into buying the first gen Mamba, the mouse seemed great at first and well made but was totally unusable in wireless mode (the main reason i purchased it) and that was just browsing the web let alone FPS/ gaming... it was all over the place and not any better plugged in.

At the same time i purchased a Razer keyboard to match, that lasted about a month before keys started to fall off. On top of that it would not allow me to get into the bios on start up as it only worked once windows started. I had to plug a separate usb keyboard in to do any tweaking in the bios.

I am still using a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse that i bought 6 years ago and working perfectly. I personally would never purchase anything from Razor again, i am surprised the company is still in business.

Last edited: 12 Oct 2015
  13. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

The wireless would switch off after a minutes' inactivity (like, when you're playing BF and being a sneaky camper), and then you'd go to move the mouse and it would "wake up" and take 2 or 3 seconds before the connection was reestablished...I ended up using it on the cable after that happened a few times.

Myself and my gaming buddies have tried the lot... (as I'm sure many here have)...keyboards, mice, headsets, and none of them stand up to the quality of stuff from Corsair, QPad etc. I dread to think how long one of their laptops would last!

Tags: Add Tags