1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Spherical case

Discussion in 'Modding' started by base2, 31 Mar 2006.

1. base2

base2 What's a Dremel?

Hi guys - am thinking of a custom case mod, but need some suggestions as to how to make spherical pieces - about the size of a basketball I'm guessing.

I'm thinking the easiest would be fibreglass or similar, but thought I'd ask here first.

2. TJK

TJK What's a Dremel?

basketball size? thats purdy small - you might need a little bigger - powersupply and drives take up a ton, plus the Mobo doesnt exactly fit a curve well - fiberglass would be nice if you know how to do it well

3. The_JinJ

The_JinJ What's a Dremel?

Wouldn't your pc roll way? :hehe:
    Seriously..I'd like to see some designs - reckon your fiberglass idea is a goodun'

4. base2

base2 What's a Dremel?

It's actually going to be 2 ball sections at the end of the main body section. I'm thinking HDD's and DVD housed in one, PSU housed in the other, and the Mobo housed in the main body section.

5. base2

base2 What's a Dremel?

:duh: Why didn't I think about it rolling away?? :duh: *lol*

No point in keeping it a secret - not like I'm entering comps or anything. Planning on doing a Stargate Naquada Generator style case. Something like this.

Ambitious yes?? :clap:

6. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Minimodder

yes, but very cool, and totaly possible :)