1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Bourne Supremacy

Discussion in 'General' started by Enzo04, 25 Jul 2004.

1. Enzo04

Enzo04 Banned

Good damn movie... got good ratings from Avault.com and most local reviewers
    I saw it a while ago, real good.

2. SitraAchra

SitraAchra Minimodder

maybe it was because i saw it at night and was tired, but it was too jumbled and zoomed in for me. The cinematography made me nervous and it was hard to focus on anything in the movie. it was entertaining to watch though and i liked the first movie too.

3. Enzo04

Enzo04 Banned

True.. the beginning was hard to see, the camera was zoomed in way to close..
    But after 30 minute's it got a little better.. best part was the car chase, and the funny part was where Bourne was on the top of the buildings saying stuff like "you look tired" at the end, that was hilarious..

4. ConKbot of Doom

ConKbot of Doom Minimodder

It was pretty good, The shaking camera did make it a bit hard to see what was happening. The car chase was pretty good (nice conclusion to it :hehe: )
    Pretty good for a sequel. It did leave enough openinings for a third movie, so we will have to see how it goes.

5. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

Sorry but not a patch on the the first movie in my view. It wasn't gripping like the first movie which I really like.

6. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

I liked it but was actually expecting better and it seemed a lot shorter than the first one (it was 10 mins shorter).

Like SitraAchra said, I thought the cinematography wasn't as good as the first movie. I agree that it jumped around way too much, I couldn't tell what was going on in the car chase at all. Insanity I tell you!

7. will889

will889 What's a Dremel?

I just got back from seeing it. It kicks a$$. Was choppy, and I really wished the guy who killed his girlfriend would have been alive long enough to see hiself get killed up close.

8. -A-

-A- What's a Dremel?

Nah i got it the other day! Bloody class film! If you put the first and second movie together then u get one helluva fast paced thriller! When it comes out i recommend it! A fantastic movie worth watching! And it is very funny when Bourne says stuff like 'She's standing next to you!' and 'You look tired!' lol

-A-

9. Uncle Psychosis

Uncle Psychosis Classically Trained

I thought the first Bourne film was pants, but I rather liked the second one- there was more of a plot and it was far more interesting to watch!

Cheers
    Sam

10. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Didn't think too much of the first film, and this was even worse.

The two major flaws were the shallow storyline, and the frankly shoddy cinematography. The story was really vague and at about the half-way point started to shape up to something quite promising. But the final act sorta dispensed with it all and ended the entire plot in the space of the car crash and the tycoon being arrested. Overall I had the impression of someone running out of ideas or screen time to properly flesh it out further.

The filming was just so cliched. Anyone could direct that sort of thing by simply ensuring they have several cameras per scene to allow for constant POV changes (at one point I don;t think the camera lingered in the same position for more than 3seconds... and it was just bland dialogue) and wobbling it about it for an 'authentic' look. What marks out the really great thrillers are iconic scenes, action sequences, or cinematography - with this movie you could barely remember what was in the frame 5seconds previously. The likes of Michael Mann understand this. This director did not. The whole MTV style is so old hat it verges on the parody. The car chase at the end was just sheer pain, both on a sound and visual front. For much of it I couldnt tell what was happening and to who because of fast cuts and the camera moving so quickly as to reduce action to a blur of colour. It's a trick I've seen used in lots of action films aiming for lower certificate than the violence would allow - if you can't make out the punch/shot/stab then you aren't really seeing it are you?

1/5

11. ginguskahn

ginguskahn What's a Dremel?

Couldnt agree more, car chase was defo the best part. Far prefer the 1st one

12. Uncle Psychosis

Uncle Psychosis Classically Trained

I didn't have any problems understanding what was going on!

I hated the first one, mainly because there was no kind of suspense- the audience know who Jason Bourne is after about 10 mins so his quest to find out who he is is really boring. In the second one, however, the audience is as in the dark as he is, which made for a far more interesting movie!

Sam

13. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

oh woe for the youth of today ;)

this series of films is based on a trilogy of books by robert ludlum. The next one is called the Bourne Ultimatum, so i think its pretty safe to assume that they are gonna make that too.

on the whole i thought this one was way better than Identity, but yeah the shaky camera stuff especially during the fight scenes was kinda irritating.

14. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

I saw this last night and the shaky camera just about ruined it during the fights and the car chases i couldnt really see what was happening and the finale in the tunnel was just a blur making it a bit pointless. Admitedly the cinema i was at had a giant screen and i was sat pretty close to it but I think this was a case of the director trying to be more stylistic than his tallent allowed. I also thought the start was just about the biggest spy/action movie cliche ever. Still a pretty good film tho, maybe the shaky camera will be more watchable when its seen on a smaller TV.

15. slater

slater Mummy Says Im Special

Personaly i found it very boring. Cant say much specific as i was too bored to watch it that closely. :sigh:

The first one was good.. well avarage i would say but i relly like the car chase in the 1st one. :thumb:

16. Tau

Tau Sharingan!

I watched this film in the very front row of the cinema (Orange Wednesday seems more popular than I thought), so that wasn't a good start.

The film was basically a mass of colour to me, but it sounded ok (plot wise). The car chase was comical (but not as good as the one with the mini is the first film), and the fight near the beginning seemed to have the stupidest sound effects... i was half expecting "Kapow" to flash up on the screen.

Definately not as good as the first.