1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Thermaltake At It Again

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Leeum, 17 Feb 2005.

1. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

Looks like Thermaltake have taken a leaf from Zalman's book, their new external liquid cooling solution is called the 'Rocket'. These guys never learn, have Thermaltake ever had a successful water cooling solution?

More here

2. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Yeah this has been posted before on extreme cooling. Notice how the pump's external to the reservoir? I'd rather just paint a Reserator silver :p

<A88>

3. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

It says external but i spy a pump in the computer case :eyebrow:

4. AdeTBun

AdeTBun What's a Dremel?

Oh dear, don't you just love that acrylic cover! lol. I have to say (with care!) that is a little bit on the side of been a phallic symbol would you not agree? I really do think that they need to rethink that 'rocket' shape imho. lol :rock:

5. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

I rather like that one better than the zalman for a cuple of diferent reasons.

1. the pump isnt submerged as in the zalman
    2. its not blue

My two cent. But on another note I still dont like mutch of the thermaltake producs as they seem to rip off other companys designs. And their rep for noisy fans still hasent been shaken off.

6. Risky

Risky Modder

For silent operation, it's smart to stick the pump in the res as the water kills the noise. The sort of pumps you're taking here have bugger all heat output anyway.

7. Mortus

Mortus What's a Dremel?

I think it looks alright ............. if it cools any good is another matter though.

8. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

External to the reservoir unit it means

<A88>

9. cool_dude

cool_dude Minimodder

zalman looks better imo - altho it'd be better if they done colours ie; blue,silver,black :)

10. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Uhhh, dude...that's REALLY phallic...I mean, seriously. Not only do they rip off the concept, but the major design change is that it's now a giant silvery penis with an acrylic top and a bunch of LEDs in the rest of the system...talk about overcompensation.

Thermaltake, you really need to get back on the horse with coming up with your OWN ideas... :(

11. Skylined

Skylined Minimodder

Are they ever going to look at the front instead of looking at the sides, trying to steal other's ideas?

12. AdeTBun

AdeTBun What's a Dremel?

Just one technical question, where do the batteries go???? Bzzzzzzzz. Lol. My wife got quite excited when she saw it and started taking an interest in water cooling! lol :hehe:

13. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
    I wonder if TT ever bothers to LOOK at what the modding community truly has to say about their products, or if they just peddle their wares to those who care less? I think they've decided that there's more money to be made by not appealing to actual modders and instead appealing to those with a bunch of money who want to LOOK like modders (and therefore do not have a clue nor a care about what the performance of their products really is).

14. rob_65

rob_65 What's a Dremel?

I think this could have been a bit more original, all I ever seem to see of TT is lifted products..

15. jopers1986

jopers1986 Minimodder

i really agree, thermal take seem to mke a great habit of ripping stuff off!

16. JuMpErFLY

JuMpErFLY Minimodder

lol, saw this a few weeks ago, pure comedy

17. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" --Sigmund Freud

...and sometimes a passive watercooling array is just a passive watercooling array.

...even if it does look like a sex toy... :D

18. Risky

Risky Modder

I wouldn't get too worked up. I know thermaltake doesn't have a lot of 'Cred' but they do tend pile out a lot of product which occasionally includedes something useful, if not terribly original. Fwiw it is closer in design to the Innovatek version, in that the pump isn't integrated.

Thermalteks target maeked seems to be the "lights with everything bunch", not really me I'm afraid but I'm sure somone will like this :rolleyes:

19. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Yeah they ripped off Zalman but i bet they sell more than Zalman do. Everyone slags of TT cases but they sell 1000's of them and you see them cropping up on here and other forums all the time.

20. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

How true, but that doesn't make it right. :)

Like I said, there tend to be a few different crowds of modders, and this will surely cater to some of them...but just because someone will buy it doesn't mean it should be made...

And Nexxo, not just a sex toy...a GIANT sex toy...with LIGHTS! :)

Tags: