1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is a local shop...for local people.

Discussion in 'General' started by Fly, 23 Sep 2002.

1. quack

quack Minimodder

Cannot wait for the new series to start. It's been a long time since the last one ended.

Hokey cokey pig in a pokey!! Hello jobseekers.

For the past couple of days, everytime someone has raised their voice in my house I've been saying "Now then, what's all this shouting? We'll have no trouble here" like RTT said. I'm driving my parents mad with it! I'll probably quote other things from the show after Thursday.:clap:

2. quack

quack Minimodder

It's on now, hope you've all remembered!!!!! :rock:

3. Emzay

Emzay "He's doing a poo!"

"I wanted to visit yoo in prison pauline, but my brother sed i cudnt, he sed.... he sed it was ull of..librarians :confused: "

muahahhahaa :lol:

4. [JP]MrLOL

[JP]MrLOL What's a Dremel?

nope

gimme blackadder or monty python neday

but LOG aint funny.

just way too ....

wierd.

5. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I think LoG is a very acquired taste, a bit like Marmite...

I watched it last night & felt so unclean... they are sick little puppies....

6. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

LoG - Funny? About as funny as root canal work....

Give me Spaced any day :)

'Ave a banana' :lol:

7. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

HE HE!!!!

i Missed it, Mrs Fly had guests round and I was avoiding them like the plague... This meant forgetting to set the VCR, wait a minute, I don't have a VCR... me and my damn "VHS quality is not good enough" pride!!!

:waah: :waah: :waah: :waah: :waah:

8. Hex

Awww Spaced ROX!!! :rock:

I am very sad & own both series on VHS & DVD.... and the soundtrack.... and have the official episode synopsis for series 1 & my own for series 2 written up... never got around to uploading them though.

I also talk like Marsha & am a cross between Tim & Daisy.... oh yeah & I'm in love with Mike - "no-one can drink a pint of Bovril!"

9. quack

quack Minimodder

I'm not that die-hard of a fan of Spaced but I do own both Series 1 & 2 on DVD :)

I also bought the Series 2 DVD of Coupling yesterday - couldn't find Series 1 otherwise I would've bought that too. :miffed:

10. Hex

I'm stupidly addicted to Spaced. When I'm bored I stick in the VHS/DVD (depending on what room I'm in) & can watch it over... and over... and over... I think I know it all off by heart & own nearly every film they reference. I know, I need help. :worried:

Blackstar have Series one: http://www.blackstar.co.uk/video/item/7000000064519.

Never really got into Coupling. My boyfriend loves it. I laugh at some stuff, but there's just something about it I don't like. I guess it's predictable & has that overly-glossy look about it. Mainly why I can't stand 'Friends' either...

11. quack

quack Minimodder

Cheers for reminding me about BlackStar, I have bought there previously... but it was so long ago they've forgotten my email address. I now have Coupling Series 1 on order :) Yay!

12. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

You should be able to pick up the Spaced Boxset (Series 1 & 2) from HMV - that's where I got mine.

Also check out http://www.spaced-out.org.uk/

Still trying to get hold of a copy of Fader Gladiator - Battle of the planets. It's not on the soundtrack!!:sigh:

Twist - "Is Jabba the Princess?"

[Pause]

Tim - "Yes" :lol:

13. Hex

Aaargghhh!!! Don't mention that thing!!!!!

I bought Spaced Series 1 on VHS & then got a DVD Player... so I bought it on DVD. It didn't turn up so I told the place I ordered it from & they sent me another one... they both arrived on the same day. I know I should've sent it back... but I gave it to my boyfriend when he got his DVD drive.

Then I got the 2nd series on DVD. Then they go & bring out the box set!! Gah! I would've bought it by now if it had anything extra on it.

If you're willing to spend a fortune on it, you can get it at CDNow:

http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserve...l/ArtistID=VARIOUS+ARTISTS+BE)/ITEMID=1251462

The Human Traffic/clubbing episode is still one of my favourites: "Only for the hard-core UK raver"

14. quack

quack Minimodder

Already got both Spaced DVDs! :p As with Hex, both before the box set came out.

I also love the clubbing episode, Tyres rox!

15. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

spaced r0x0rs meh b0x0rz :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

16. samuelellis

samuelellis What's a Dremel?

spaced was hillarious ( inever buy stuff like that on tape or dvd tho apart from live shows like bottom) but i did not think league of gentleman was funny at all when it was on, it was basically a cheap colelction of stupid jokes, i even gave it a chance by switching to bbc choice to watch the 2nd one but it was not worth it

i think the new series of couplingis funier then league of gentleman if the first episode is anytihg to go by

ps fly you should alwasy have a video recorder floating round the house someware (i have about 3 wired up in my bedroom atm)