1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Uni accommodation

Discussion in 'General' started by Moriquendi, 31 Aug 2007.

1. Moriquendi

Moriquendi Bit Tech Biker

Ive just found out where Ill be living when I go to uni and I thought Id see if anyone lives there or has lived there and can tell me what its like. Ill be in 115 Queens Road in Bristol Uni, it looks 'orrible but does it have any redeeming features?

Moriquendi

2. Acehole

Acehole What's a Dremel?

You're more likely to get a response on The Student Room's Bristol forum than here, since it will be full to the brims of people in your situation/already there :)

3. Moriquendi

Nice one, thanks. Still be interested in anything anyone has to say about the place.

Moriquendi

4. Macaba

Macaba What's a Dremel?

Hey Dude! You off to uni too! Thats great, i'm off to Uni to do Electronic Engineering.
    I'm staying in halls in a basic room with a basin and sharing kitchen with many people. It'll be good to get to know people.

I went and had a look at Bristol, it really didn't appeal to me. Actually, the thing I like most about bristol was the train station, Bristol Temple Meads, i've never been in such a big train station before!

Bought a laptop for uni yet? I just did today, MSI S262, 2.16Ghz Core 2 Duo (Merom), going to put another gig of ram in, to get it upto 2gb, 100gb hard drive. Hoping it'll last me all the time i'm at uni. :)

Last edited: 5 Jan 2009
  5. Moriquendi

Im starting to get really excited about it now, and Im not normally an excitable person. The worst thing about my halls that I already know (but not for the reason that immediatly springs to mind :p) is that each floor is single sex :( and Ive found that men get pretty uncivilized without girls around. With any luck, since this halls is mostly for 2nd and 3rd years things will be reasonable. Ill be sharing with 8 other people, I dont know what to expect really.

Ive had all my IT stuff sorted for a while now, I got a Tablet PC to go to college and its great for taking notes and Ill be taking my PC to do any serious stuff with ( mostly 3D modeling ).

Initialy I was all set to do Electronic engineering at Southampton but Bristol offered me £2500 per year to do Aeronautical Engineering and an extra £50 per week just cant be a bad thing.

Moriquendi

6. wewe

wewe What's a Dremel?

lol, I was starting to fall asleep reading that, till I saw electronic engineering, excellent choice, I'm doing that too, at leicester uni

Tags: