1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling wc question or suggestion

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by [S]huttle, 9 Mar 2004.

1. [S]huttle

[S]huttle What's a Dremel?

Ok, I've got a question and a little problem. Maybe someone could make a suggestion. I use a wc kit with a polarflo cpu and vga block. Now my question is I use 1/2" tubing with a 3 barb cpu block (Polarflo) and the tubing is protruding out the side of my case (about 2") to where I can't put my side panel back on. I've cut the hose as short as I could that's connected to my "Y" fitting which is connected to the 2 outter barbs on the cpu block. Is there any other way this can be done so I can put my side panel back on ? I am posting 2 pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. firelord-ochw

firelord-ochw What's a Dremel?

I'd say either use a 90 elbow on it or take the intake to the other side and then bend the y over towards the CD ROM bays.

Try reducing amount of tubing from outlets to rad :)

3. OneMadPoptart

OneMadPoptart What's a Dremel?

Am I correct in saying that its the stiffness in the Y atachment comming from the block that isnt allowing you to bend it any further towards the front of the case and help you with clearance?

If so, then there is an easy solution. Simply lengthen the outlets from your CPU block to a point where they can bend tight enough to clear the door of your case, then use the Y and attach the outlets. Using more tubing before you combine the flow again wont hurt you at all, as long as you make the outlet tubes the same length again.

I hope you see what I am talking about. Good luck!

-OMP

4. firelord-ochw

firelord-ochw What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]
    This is the easiest way to do it as OneMadPoptart said make the outlet tubes slightly longer :)

5. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

shuttle :p hi

Use a 90degree bend just of the y piece.

And mate nice WW waterblock there. I just ordered it Yesterday but with the black ALU top;)

This is my server block. I am making it so it will fit in as soon as a drill a hole.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 9 Mar 2004
  6. overfloe

overfloe What's a Dremel?

yeah you can fix the problem by replacing with longer outlet tubes.. i had the same problem so i changed it to longer tubes about 15cm each..

before:
    [​IMG]
    i can't close the side panel

after:
    [​IMG]
    much better! :D

Tags: