1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows XP SP2 RC2 problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by yodasarmpit, 6 Jul 2004.

1. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Ever since installing SP2 RC2 my IE randomly crashes, and here was me saying I never have Windows problems.
    I just get "IE has experienced an unexpected error and has to close" message, I then have to close IE and reopen.

Any idea's ??

2. Twunka

Twunka What's a Dremel?

did you install sp1a first or just sp1. there seems to be a slight problem with the sun java and sp2 so you shouldtry uninstalling sp2 and see if it still happens

3. henson0115

henson0115 Banned

i carnt even get sp1 or a to install on mine because of shop version of xp with there s**** keys i carnt afford the real one heehee

4. Twunka

Twunka What's a Dremel?

well if you had of read the instructions for sp2 you would have read that it requires things from SP1 the only thing i can suggest is uninstall SP2 and live with the system the way it is untill you can afford a proper copy of xp.

5. bello

bello What's a Dremel?

I would agree. To remove SP2 check the following: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/readmesp.mspx, in specific see section 3.0.

Cheers,

6. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Problem resolved, removed SP2 RC2 :wallbash:

Tags: