1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Sick people at work

Discussion in 'General' started by BRAWL, 14 Dec 2010.

1. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

I'm really curious more than a rant.

Who else despises those colleagues who come into work, flu'd up, with all kinds of diseases and illness's and rarely put their hand over their mouth and just cough everywhere like they've smoked 40 Bensons a day for the past forty years?

Goddamn annoys me! I don't wanna get sick, bugger off home or go die quietly.

[/rant]

Just to point out, I'm one of these people who doesn't mind people being off sick. :wallbash:

2. nightblade628

nightblade628 Minimodder

And I'm one of those people who has no problem telling people to put their hand over their damn mouth and go disease-spread elsewhere. I appreciate the problem that a disease isn't always bad enough to make you take a sick day, and you are still contagious before you even show symptoms so the likelyhood of spreading the illness is high anyway, which is why I still wash my hands religiously to minimise the risk of infection.

But still, have some consideration people.

mvagusta likes this.
  3. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

I do tell them, but as they're about 40 years older than me... they have a significant "Superior" nose-raising annoyance about them... Death!

I do the same, I'm very picky about my health... why isn't everyone like this!

4. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

I work in a school, so disease is everywhere. Washing hands has become automatic.

If it bothers you that much, it may be time for you to mod a functioning Space Marine helmet with functioning bio-filter. :thumb:

5. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Buy a germ-warfare approved gasmask for yourself and be done with it?

6. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Oh yeah, if someone is coughing or sneezing around me, if they aren't sending their nasties towards the ground, i'll just politely let them know that they should.

If they are stupid enough to ask why, then i'd just tell them that if they don't, they are spreading their nasty germs all over the place! If they still haven't changed their ways, my next statement would be something like "would you like me to cough right in your face?"

Don't ***** out, just say what's on your mind!

7. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Is that what they're calling Kids these days? ;)

I wholeheartedly agree on the sickkies at work issue though. "Look at me, being a martyr - I'm not well, but I still come into work as I'm that dedicated"

Yeah right. You've just infected the whole office, so nothing will get done for the next week as everyone catches it - and they do the right thing and stays at home.

The thing is the Snot Warriors always seem to act so superior when it's you that's ill, and you have a day off. "Man Flu was it? I came in when I had the Black Death, and I was ok"

Smug Tossers. :grr:

8. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I don't mind people being sick because i know how crappy they must feel

But when they just sneeze like there firing off flares into the air its annoying! or just walk past you and cough in your face

9. hyder

hyder horrible horrible horrible

I have to take annual leave or a day unpaid if I am sick without a doctors note. And I cba going to the doctor if its some simple cough/cold or tummy upset that's going be gone in a day. So I'll go into work.

10. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Pretty much. It's not an uncommon sight to see kids sat in front of their computers stop typing, sneeze full force against the monitor or keyboard then carry on.

11. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Please for the love of god don't give me idea's... although the mental image of an Imperial Fist Space Marine sat at my desk doing work is one of great amusement and much photoshop giggles I will have when I'm home.

[​IMG]
    This always makes me giggle​

Yeah you see, you can tell them... but they don't listen... I just take to opening windows... it's -1 outside, I don't feel the cold, they do... so it's great fun watching them suffer and hopefully getting worse, taking sickdays etc...

12. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Well this might make them cough more in the short term, but I guess if they quit or you kill them then the problem is over.

13. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Good for me >.< This is why I'm studying a degree at home aswell... so I can work from home... bliss!

mvagusta likes this.
  14. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Funny that, it bugs the crap outta me when people call in sick. I'd much rather they came in, for a few hours, and THEN fecked off home.

15. Pieface

Pieface Modder

I'm missing a lecture today due to Illness. Darn Food Poisoning from Subway!

(By the way, I like going into Uni and studying, so missing it is what I'd rather not do. Will be the first lecture I've missed in University :( )

16. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Feel your pain, I HATE when people come to lectures just to cough all the time! I'm somewhat allergic to noises, I don't even care if I get ill as well or not, it's the constant damn noise that runs me nuts.

17. Chr!s

Chr!s What's a Dremel?

Probably due to not wanting to appear as a slacker.

Of course if your boss was decent they would notice the issue and send the germ carrier home.

18. SeT

SeT What's a Dremel?

agreed. my office is really understaffed at the moment. One person being off means a pretty bad day for everyone else. If someone is sick, I'd rather them not come in and spread whatever it is that they've got and have only that person down for the day. It's that or they come in and they're half as productive as normal while spreading disease and then it cycles through everyone else for a week or so.

19. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

I'd send the germ-carrier to a damn death camp. I don't want their god-damn germs because they don't wash and clean as much as me.... +evil face+

20. DMU_Matt

DMU_Matt mmmm cheesy

To be fair, I get your point.......BUT.... It doesn't mean they don't clean/wash as much as you (maybe they do, maybe they don't) but if a partner gets sick from a cold or the like, then chances are you are going to be ill regardless - well unless you are heartless and quarantine them every time you hear them so much as sneeze?