Rant Sick people at work

Discussion in 'General' started by BRAWL, 14 Dec 2010.

1. Akkatha

Akkatha *SCREECH!* /run away.

Just take it in your stride. To be honest, if you're staying off work because you have a damn cold then in my opinion thats pretty pathetic. Take a couple of painkillers and keep going.

I'm self employed, if I don't work I don't get paid. I can tell you now that I need my wages and I'm not about to take a day off because I might risk giving someone else the sniffles!

2. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

The worst I ever get is a cold which isn't worth staying off for for anyone.

Anyway, you should be happy for other people's germs; they're boosting your immune system! :D

Mik3yB @ CCL likes this.
  3. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

It's people like you that will help speed the Zombie Apocalypse.

"I've only got a cold"
    "Really? You look like death. Stop trying to bite me."

:lol:

4. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

And yet every one of us is secretly hoping that the Zombie Apocalypse comes to fruition.

The two others who work in my office have colds today. I offered to aid them, but they declined. Apparently fire isn't a cure.

5. DMU_Matt

DMU_Matt mmmm cheesy

:thumb: That made me laugh, thanks :lol:

6. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

If someone sneezes at me without covering their mouth I like to go with fake sneezing back in their face, they very quickly get the point.

7. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

"Certainly boss I'll go make you a coffee right away"....A-CHOO!..*dribble*..oops...ah well a little cold nose-juice never hurt anyone... Maybe next time I have a cold you will tell me to stay home :naughty:

8. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

My immune system requires no boost -_- thats the annoying thing. I'm basically impervious to everything due to the amount of decent scoff I eat and healthy-ish lifestyle!

It's just coughing and spluttering all over me that I can't stand.

GODDAMN NASA!

9. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

What gets me is the endless sniffles. Just get a tissue and be done with it!

And, please, use said tissue outside or in the restroom.

10. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

11. unknowngamer

unknowngamer here

Oh man up guys.

It's a F*ck'n cold, get over it.

I get hacked off by wimpy lame prats who take a week off work for a sniffle. Having to do the work of two people 'cos ones a wuss just gets on my tits.

Get over it and do your Fricking job. I'd sack the buggers.

I don't take time off. not for a cold or other really lame reason. Unfortunatly I've got have my shoulder opened up next month and have the joint and tendons stiched up. I have no option but to take time off work, I can't drive or do my job for 4 weeks. But I'm so hacked off that I can't do my job properly that I've set up a remote system so that I can cover or assist from home while I'm off. I DON'T like letting my workmates down. I know how much preassure can be put on someone when stuff needs to be done and we're staff down, I'd not waqnt to do it to someone else.

12. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

I eat very well and keep fit, so i'm never sick, not for more than about ~half a day or less per year anyway.

In my book, sick days are for the days that something comes up and you haven't had a chance to book in a day off, or just for those days when you plain and simple cbf.
    Been a while without a day off? Time to chuck a sickie :rock:

13. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

+1

14. PabloFunky

PabloFunky What's a Dremel?

Been working for over 25 years, never had a single day sick or a day late, very much of the old school.

Stop moaning that if someone has a cold and comes in, but gives cold you you, then no reason you cant come in also.

Now if someones genuiinely sick, then fair enough, however im only in my mid 40s, so always been healthy so far, at this young age.

It seems people dont know what sick is, and any slight cold or feeling bad, exuses them for being sick.

Man up for heavens sake, maybe these are office workers mainly?, but for physical labourers and workers similar, a simple cold shouldnt stop anyone, too many late days, and these days, there are plenty of more reliable people that will snap your job up in an instance.

+1 with unknowngamer, nice to see these people still exist, and poncy illnesses are still for people at school, when in the real world, you gotta man up and get on with it.

15. Xir

Xir Modder

Sure, everybody with a cold stays at home...what a great idea.
    Employ someone, then pay them to stay home, THEN complain.

Or go to work in a cleanroom, there people REALLY get sent home for a cold (not for spreading germs, but for spreading particles) :thumb:
    You look like an absolute ******** though if you, like us here in Germany have to have a doctor's visit for a sick day.

Hey Doc, me again.
    Ah, another sniffle?
    Yup, can't go to work, I'm spreading particles
    <Doc-thinks> Sure youare, you lazy **** :sigh:

16. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Don't people in Japan wear face masks when they're ill to prevent spreading germs to other people?

17. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Yeah can't imagine people wearing S10's over their faces... just bugs me, I don't want their virual disgusting effort being spread throughout everything.

18. Toka

Toka Minimodder

Just popped in to say Ive been off work since the end of november!

For me, Christmas started early :)

:clap:

19. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I don't go to work if I've got a crippling illness.

So far, that's not happened. I don't see sick days as the "extra holiday" that so many people do.

If I go to work with a cough, I do my damnedest to keep my mouth closed, covered, and directed away from other people.

I don't mind people coming in ill, because it gives me chance to exercise my immune system - Which is pretty damn good, all things considered.

World's too wrapped in cotton wool these days, that's why so many people get sick so often.

20. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

See Lir that's exactly how I am. Just winds me up... I have a cold or something I do go into work, but I generally keep quiet, and drink a tonne of tea... don't go spluttering all over my colleagues.

I had tonsillitus about two months ago and that crippled me, couldn't speak or breathe to well so I didn't go in cause I couldn't work at all. I was still suffering a tad when I went back but was beyond the case of "Contagion". But these days you wake up with a headache and it's a decent excuse for a friggin' day off...

Always looks good on the app form for the new job eh?

Q: "How many days off in the past two years have you had due to illness"
    A: 365