Rant Sick people at work

Discussion in 'General' started by BRAWL, 14 Dec 2010.

1. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

people get sicker the more anal we get about germs, the immune system learns to deal with new germs when you contract them.
    You should thank the snotty nosed germ ridden harbingers of illness with a warm friendly handshake when they have sneezed and then lick your own hand ... (disclaimer ...do not take this seriously)

2. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Now I go into work sick (I am however as hygenic as possible, alcholic hand wash...not just for drinking...hand over mouth, plenty of tissue, etc).

I do this because I run a charity that supports dozens of people in dire situation everyday, and that being there and helping is the lesser of two evils when compared to the slim possibility that my illness may infect my colleagues.

There are plenty of people that would much rather be housed and fed by a slightly snotty man than on the streets for the night because that man when home due to his snottyness.

3. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

If I want to take a day off I have to pay €45/£35 to get a note from my doctor, Ill be fairly sick before I spend €45 just to take a day off

I was fairly bad last month with a flu for the first time in years but had to come in as I work in salaries and had to get payments up for people, if I took a few days off at that time of the month 100 people might go unpaid

4. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Im going to do that next time someone in my family is ill

Just grab my s10 and buy one of those nbc suits :D

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Fair warning: Don't go outside dressed like that.

Police like taking you aside for a quiet word >.>

6. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

I'm in a catch 22 here, even though I have not booked off sick from work in 14 years. I hate it when my staff phone in sick but there are times people are really really sick and that's where I open my big mouth and moan about it at the wrong damn time and then have to apologise.

I'm different if I am sick I will go to work whatever the conditions as I realise with today's times where how many managers are given in retail there are times when a colleague books off sick it creates so much more pressure on the rest of his colleagues.

Yes I am a pratt when it comes to sickies and hopefully there aren't many of me around

7. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Oh believe me... I have a fantastic immune system. I always have... however, it doesn't stop me hating these ignorant, Nurgle's-Rot Plaguebearering goits does it? :p

Went out as an infected 28 Days Later soldier one halloween a few years back, try explaining the realistic blood, the tattered assualt gear and the rifle slung on your back while wearing an s10... whooa.

8. hyder

hyder horrible horrible horrible

Surely all you had to say is 'Halloween'

9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Realistic enough fake blood gets the attention of just about everyone, police included. http://images.napalmriot.com/images/large/0/4147.jpg That was the base, sadly I was too gooped up to get a picture myself, and then too drunk to ask someone to take one, of my halloween costume last year.

There was fresh on top of that, in varying thickness's. I had a fair amount running down my cheek from matted hair with really thick, dark, fake blood.

I was asked by a pair of officers if I'd been assaulted. I guess the dark-ish alley I ambled out of didn't help my "it's a costume" argument. The fact that it tasted like golden syrup, though, convinced them.

British police don't take kindly to Halloween. I've been unofficially cautioned against going out in my airsoft gear - No guns might I add - just camo and webbing.

10. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Same as with the gear dude, tried taking my rifle off me and everything. Told them to shove it to be honest... Actually I think my first words were "Argh he's a maniac!" pointing at my mask... can't say the copper was too nice mind, tried pulling the S10 from my face by force... not going to happen, my mate James who's a copper dived in and explained it. Much to the amusement of the force there is a picture of me dancing behind said officer about six hours later... and a bottle of rum later...

The police are spoilsports for most costume things, they're basically screwed next year, going out as a Terminator Space Marine... Storm Bolter, Crozius Archanium... I'm making some of the gear out of a thin lightweight metal, so good luck with the whole "It's a dangerous weapon" when I'm decked out in this stuff >.<

11. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

You can't win, call in sick and people accuse you of pulling a sickie.
    Come in and people moan that you are going to make them ill.

Im pretty much screwed anyway as i work in a school and get a bus to work : (

12. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

You can! you can quit your job, head to the Job Centre claim benefits and keep me in the job being annoyed at sick people >.< :lol::lol:

13. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

lmao, I fail at being poorly as i live in my workplace -.-, Although our staff tend to leave me in bed and do my job for me... like this morning :)

14. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

If any of the staff here call in sick I expect to hear of how their eyes bled constantly over the weekend ...and "pics or it didnt happen" springs to mind

15. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I really dislike sick people at work who are constantly "I feel like crap, I don't want to be here, I have stuff to do though." Appreciate the dedication but your not going to get better by working, you need rest, go home.

Side note: I constantly have purel (hand sanitizer) in my bag... the subway is hella dirty and I don't feel comfortable eating after riding the subway for 45 minutes plus being in class, etc. etc.

16. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

lol - that'd be great "So Mr X, can you prove to us that you were sick with winter sickness bug last week?" *Picture of a dude chucking his guts up and launching an attack of brown liquid from his backend at his bathroom door* with the question... WHO THE HELL TOOK THIS?!

I wash my hands everytime I hit the kitchen for a drink (Every 45 minutes or so) so I know where you're coming from.

I feel like death today mind... I blame the rum last night and friends being dickheads.

17. Mattmc91

Mattmc91 Minimodder

I'm rough as ****, coughing and spluttering away in my office.

Hate me. Do it.

18. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

That's where I'm gonna be in 40 mins, coughing green stuff up in the office. My boss is taking the day off so I've got nobody to call in sick to.

19. craigr1982

craigr1982 What's a Dremel?

I'm self employed and very rarely am ill, however I picked up the plague that seems to be affecting nearby just recently and had to have 8 days off work, stuck in bed shivering most of the time despite wearing 3 layers.

Cost me a pretty penny but anything less than death I'm normally working.

20. Uxon

Uxon Minimodder

Annoys me too when people insist on spreading their germs but I'll agree it's usually the employers fault for being excessively tight with sick pay. :-\ On the other hand though if it's too easy to call in sick without a sick note then some people will often abuse it.