1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

I've been looking for a dress watch and fell in love with this especially at the massively reduced price (which was reduced even further when I asked)

[​IMG]

Last edited: 3 Oct 2021
    trigger likes this.
  2. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Been looking at a new car for a while, but due to work etc and some changes coming up it was needed sooner rather than later.

As such my latest purchase is a rather expensive one!

So I got a "New to me" 2014 BMW 435D X-Drive M-Sport Auto.

Waiting to collect it now but looking forward to it other than trying to get fuel.

Had to get the photo from the Advert for it, since I have don't have the car yet.

[​IMG]

3. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Time for a new motherboard - Gigabyte X570S Aero G

[​IMG]

andrew8200m, spolsh and damien c like this.
  4. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

So work needs me on an iPhone to get email to work properly (yes I know, it is what it is).

iphone 13 pro max 512 in black has arrived to replace a 512gb S20 Ultra. All I can say is this..

Why.

It may be super fast. It may have some of the best specs, battery and camera arrangements out there however……

TypeC is missing.
    There’s a notch.
    You can have icons where you want.
    It’s locked down worse than the U.K. was most of the last 18 months.
    It’s a fingerprint magnet.
    I’m officially one of those who I hate and for what reason? Because of work email… blows the mind.

Would I recommend this device? Absolutely if it was 2018. But it isn’t. It’s 2021, going on 2022. Get with the times apple.

I’d take an S9 plus over this or a pixel 3xl over this but it isn’t 2018 so I have much better options to me.

5. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

My work phone is an iPhone too, an original SE which is nice as it's very compact. The problem is IOS, to me it's so counterintuitive and everything about it just confuses me. I've had it years and you think I'd be used to it by now but nope :blah:

6. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

It's beyond me why people get worked-up about the iPhone notch. Even worse, the number of speculative articles over the last year, where people got hyped-up about the iPhone 13 notch being slightly smaller.:duh:

Weekly_Estimate likes this.
  7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

It's beyond me why people still get worked-up about phones, tbh.

8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Filebot license to name all my tv/film media so Plex can list it all properly.

Yep. Finally got onto the Plex train.

Prepare for a reason to abandon Plex in the next two to three months.

IanW, damien c, Byron C and 1 other person like this.
  9. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

I've been looking for something exactly like this. [sarcasm] $6 license fee though, it's a bit steep! [/sarcasm]

IanW and liratheal like this.
  10. liratheal

The only thing I noticed is that it pays a lot of attention to the complete folder structure.

Personally I organise;

TV
    -Animated
    --Show
    ---Season X
    -Live Action
    etc

And for the Live Action stuff it constantly suggested programmes that featured 'live' in the title. Still, nine times out of ten it was spot on. Struggled with Firefly and some panel shows, and 'extras' if you have any of those.

But all in all it took days of work into an afternoon, so I really can't complain.

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Some muppet (*cough* @liratheal *cough*) introduced me to discogs.com recently. I spent a couple of hours yesterday plugging in my 'wantlist' and started hitting the marketplace for CDs... First batch:

Finntroll - Nifelvind
    Slipknot - We Are Not Your Kind
    Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
    The Prodigy - The Day Is My Enemy
    Pendulum - In Silico
    Rush - Time Stands Still: The Collection
    Dan Deacon - Gliss Riffer

7 down, 202 more to go :lol:

liratheal likes this.
  12. liratheal

What was it you said? Always happy to help someone spend money? Something to that tune? :D

Byron C likes this.
  13. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Discogs is a very dangerous place ! Incidentally, has anyone bought anything on there and found the grading wrong ? I always wonder about that (esp. with vinyl), but every purchase I've made the seller has graded according to expectations (or graded it down a step from where I'd have thought it should be).

14. liratheal

I've not had issues with grading - But then, since I'm buying CD's so long as it rips and plays on my CD player, I don't much care.

15. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

The only expensive vinyl I bought there (read: the only one I was worried might have the wrong grading) arrived in exactly the condition the seller set. Everything else was graded correctly as well, both vinyl and CDs.

16. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Yes, my impression (so far) is that it's a bit more trustworthy than ebay when it comes to descriptions of records - right down to stuff like "has a mark on the outer sleeve where an "Our Price" sticker was removed" LOL

17. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

[​IMG]

Keeping an eye on 03 to see if the price drops...

IanW likes this.
  18. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Who'd have thought it's be such a hassle getting an RJ45 crimp kit!? Bought a second hand Philex kit on ebay, turned out to not be a pass-through kit, which I could maybe have dealt with, but what I couldn;t deal with was the foul stench of the case, which smelt like someone had rubbed 10years worth of cigarette tar into it. I'm not so far removed away from smoking that i don;t still enjoy the odd crafty one, but this was horrid. So a coughed up the return postage to be rid of it, took 2 days with the glade plugin at full blast to be rid of the smell.

So I find another kit on ebay, generic little kit, but come in a black zip-up case with orange edging which will match my mini plier set and "ifakeit" tool kit. Yesterday i get a weird message from the seller requesting my date of birth :eyebrow: now i know there's small blades in there, but no bigger than you'd get in a pencil sharpner. No, you can't have my date of birth it tell them, but i'm nearly 40 and here a picture of the cat5e cable i need the kit for. Then this morning I get a message that my item has arrived damaged so they want to offer me a refund. Yep you're dodgy as hell, give me that refund. now I feedback on their profile saying they had things delivered from amazon, so he's just cloning amazon items and adding a few quid to the price :rollingeyes:

So off to amazon i go, new kit ordered, same black zip pouch with orange edging, only I can get it with orange handles too to match my other stuff and it comes with a few colours of boots so I can colour code the cable. nearly £10 cheaper too

19. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Boring Books

Effective Project Management In Easy Steps 2nd Edition
    [​IMG]

Agile Project Management in easy steps, 2nd edition
    [​IMG]

Doing Agile Right: Transformation Without Chaos
    [​IMG]

Fun Book
    [​IMG]

20. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Required followup post:-

[​IMG]

perplekks45, yuusou, Byron C and 3 others like this.