1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Speaking of vinyl, I got myself another copy Logical Progression as my original had scuffs on sides B, C and D. This copy had a slight scratch on side A so overall I've got a decent copy and a slightly naff one, which will probably go up on the wall as artwork!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Vault-Tec likes this.
  2. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Good choice, old boy. I think I've got the entire Good Looking (and Looking Good) catalogue on 12".

B1GBUD likes this.
  3. B1GBUD

I've got most of the GLR stuff on CD, including some Nookie and Big Bud. My Logical Progression & Journey Inwards on the black stuff are quite old but the latter is in very good condition. It's pretty hard to find on the second hand market without paying a hefty premium. A mint or near mint LP vol 1 goes for £600 on Discogs :jawdrop:

ModSquid likes this.
  4. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

And there was me thinking, last week when I was looking for a particular album, “Sod off, I’m not paying 30 quid for a used CD!”

5. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Jesus. Hang onto that one...

My GLR vinyl is all singles, from back when I used to spend my lunch money on them and go without until I could get them back home and on the ones and twos. Turns out new vinyl trumps hunger. My record bag was also my school bag, so it was easy to avoid the questioning.

I remember hanging over the shop counter when Demon's Theme released and thinking "Wtf is this?!" Little did we know at the time...

6. B1GBUD

I plan to but sadly mine aren't anywhere near mint or very good! I'm a bit jealous of your singles though, I wish I collected more back when I had a disposable income. I bought a 1977 Fleetwood Mac - Rumours for £20 from my local 2nd hand store today, but it's going straight to my god daughter who just happens to love classic rock. Girl has better taste than me!

7. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

• A new mattress for the missus and I. Emma top of the line one for 40% off with free delivery
    • Books
    • More books
    • "The Thing" (1982) on 4K HDR Blu-ray
    • AVP 1+2 on Blu-ray (the bundle was cheaper than just part 1, I don't intend to give part 2 another try)
    • Voices on Blu-ray because it's mindless fun for a depressing day
    • A wooden bench with storage for the balcony to be able to properly enjoy our plants while drinking the morning coffee with the missus

b1g-d0g likes this.
  8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I am very tired of my ITX rig. It runs so hot you can feel the heat from the top. It is always hot. I am also pretty sure the GPU is throttling, as it performs nowhere near as well as it did when I built it in winter.

Problem is I need to pay off my holiday this week, then save all month for spending money to go with. As such I took the cheap option. This was never great at having lots of rads in.

[​IMG]

Because you can't intake any cool air. I still have it packed back in the box. So I am going to put my away PC in there. X570i Strix, 6700XT Strix. I reckon I can make a nice looking build for cheap. Talking of cheap.

[​IMG]

£35. I got this for £60.

[​IMG]

And three of these for £8.50 each.

[​IMG]

I will likely put those on the rad and then use the rad fans for the case. £120 all in.

Nice thing is I still have all of the cable extensions for the PUBG case, so that is something else I won't have to buy.

Yaka, b1g-d0g and B1GBUD like this.
  9. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Ooh, be interested to hear if it's any good.

We need a new mattress, most seem far too soft even when advertised as firm/hard

10. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Should take 2-3 weeks to get here (caught the end of the sale with stock being low, I guess) and I'll gladly report here shortly thereafter.

adidan likes this.
  11. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Time for a new phone as my current talky bit is a bit wonky. Doogee S100 Pro on the way

Last edited: 10 Aug 2023
  12. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Tooth Crown - so you have the root canal treatment costing around £1000 which comes with a temporary filling which once successful gets replaced with a crown in total meaning that 1 tooth cost me nearly 2k, and I have about 7 to go.
    [​IMG]

If this isn't a reminder for brushing your teeth for 5 minutes, well I don't know what is!

adidan likes this.
  13. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

I’d opt for them to be taken out and internal fixations put in. Probably work out about the same price but don’t have to worry about cavities anymore!

adidan and Weekly_Estimate like this.
  14. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Time to go in with the pliers?

adidan likes this.
  15. Vault-Tec

Well given my desk is going to be eaten by the enormous case it means I need a smaller KB. I do miss my cheap crap 60. So I got this.

[​IMG]

Runs wireless too. I then saw these for £18 and had to have.

[​IMG]

Gotta love the professional pic showing all of the keys in the kit :D

[​IMG]

Spanky, Byron C and perplekks45 like this.
  16. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

The huel journey begins again
    [​IMG]

DollaTek Matched Pair 7 Pin GE JAN 5654W
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 10 Aug 2023
  17. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

[​IMG]

My OH's dad is having that done, pricey and a bit of a drawn out process but worth it in the long run.

DeanSUNIAIU likes this.
  18. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

This landed today. Only on Disc 2, but it seems to be playing absolutely fine on the Aiwa. Hooray!

(I was getting worried, given I'd ordered it from some random independent record shop in Newcastle: order on Saturday, Monday passed with no notification, checked the site, "weekend orders will be dispatched Tuesday," Tuesday comes and goes, check the site again, "Open Wed-Friday," Wednesday passes... finally a dispatch email, late in the day! Then a day in Royal Mail's company, and it landed today. Phew!)

IanW likes this.
  19. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

So... Arrived yesterday but took a while to set up (grr Wear OS, GPay and my banks). Left is Blackview BV9100, 412 grams, 19.5mm 13200mAh. Right is that Doogee, 546 grams, 27mm and 22000mAh :grin:

PHONE. BIG.

[​IMG]

Why have a power bank when your phone has it built in? :p:

20. Vault-Tec

32gb of Crucial ram (2x16) for £47.99 brand new.

That’s nuts.