1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

But wait, there's more! I forgot there was a Master Replicas drop this evening, all from the now defunct Eaglemoss... And these ones are pressies for me... :grin:

F-302 Fighter Interceptor from Stargate SG-1/Atlantis - never released before Eaglemoss went under

[​IMG]

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace's Viper Mk II from Battlestar Galactica (2004). There's an unreleased "Hot Dog" Mk II Viper also up for sale, but I'm not interested in that - if I'm going to have a Viper model it's either got to be Apollo or Starbuck :grin:

[​IMG]

Oh yes, I was, and oh yes, they were. Emphasis on "were" - told Emma Sleep to go shove their order where the sun don't shine and to give me a refund. They didn't even argue, and I've got written confirmation that they're issuing a refund. I've got a case open with Resolver that's going to stay open until I get my money back.

I spent £557.04 with mattressonline.co.uk around 11am on Wednesday; almost exactly 1 day later the new mattress was delivered, unpacked, and the old one taken away. £55 of that total cost was for next day delivery before 1200, and £35 was to recycle my old mattress. I placed a £1700 order with Emma Sleep on the 26th November and they were still dragging their heels.

Emma Sleep can absolutely shove it up their arse, it's no wonder their trustpilot score is so poor:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 2 Feb 2024
  2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

These. Are. A. Thing?

Don't. Need.

Dammit, I'm going to look anyway...

Byron C likes this.
  3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Hell yes :grin:, I've already got The Rocinante from The Expanse.

Eaglemoss models weren't always the best quality, but they were usually pretty damn solid. Master Replicas sells a ton of Eaglemoss models (context: Eaglemoss went belly-up a couple of years ago), usually in weekly "drops", covering a huge range of sci-fi stuff. They haven't had anything I've been interested in for a while, but the first thing I saw in the weekly email was the F-302 model.

They also have a solid gold Mk I Viper from the original 1978 series this week - yours, for a mere £250 :grin:

4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

@Byron C Thank you and damn you for showing me that.

It's taking willpower not to splurge but I have to declutter, not buy more if we're ever to move house :lol:

Have to see how that willpower pans out...

goldstar0011 and Byron C like this.
  5. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Interesting. Emma Germany were perfect in their service and speed. The mattress we ordered is exactly as expected/described, we're both happy with it.

And because it was a sale, we got it for half price.

Last edited: 3 Feb 2024
    Byron C likes this.
  6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I'm not the only one with issues either, it seems. A peruse through their Facebook page shows endless complaints from other people about slow delivery, items not being shipped, orders arriving incomplete, etc. I don't mind giving a bit of leeway when it comes to furniture - our order was for a mattress and bed - but just... don't lie to me. Don't tell me twice that something has been shipped and delivered when it hasn't even left your damn warehouse yet.

Whenever I get crappy service anywhere it often comes down to the same damn thing: poor communication. Failure to keep me updated, giving me incomplete information, giving me misleading or inaccurate information, giving me empty platitudes, etc. I worked in customer service for a long time, so maybe I'm just projecting my own unrealistic professional standards on everyone else - but it honestly baffles me that companies can screw this up so badly.

Contrast with my experience of John Lewis customer services a few years back. I unboxed a new TV, got it all plugged in and set up, and there was a giant crack in the screen - I'm still not entirely sure whether it was something I did or not, and I said as much when I called their customer service line. They didn't even try to argue or quibble with me - "No problem, we'll get a new one out to you tomorrow, if you can pack up the broken one the couriers will collect it from you at the same time". Sure enough, they did exactly what they said they would.

IanW and perplekks45 like this.
  7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yeah I ditched all of that polyester crap ages ago too. Pure cotton Cheesecake.

[​IMG]

I got that to control my CNC motor.

Byron C likes this.
  8. Vault-Tec

Exact same. I bought a 32" monitor years ago (HP Omen thing) and when I removed the protective paper there was a gouge down the screen. It was sorted the next day, new lamps for old stylee.

IanW and Byron C like this.
  9. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

Byron C likes this.
  10. Vault-Tec

Yeah I have some Dunelm bedding. Fantastic stuff tbh. Nice n heavy.

Once I get mum's tumbler fitted I ditching this rank polyester stuff. It just reeks within a week. Problem is the stuff I had here before took forever to dry :(

Edit. From here. At home it's all cotton all the way.

Byron C likes this.
  11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Honestly, even going to just 400 count is enough to convince me.

And yeah, drying the damn stuff without a tumble dryer is a pain!

Vault-Tec likes this.
  12. Vault-Tec

At home I have Ralph Lauren 800 count and believe me in winter without a tumbler it just won't dry. The Versace bed set I bought for mums was the same. Ended up taking it home she just couldn't get it to dry.

Thats why all my flanelette is now just stacked in the laundry cupboard.

13. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I did a thing...

[​IMG]

14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Oof. That’s a chonky boi if ever I’ve seen one!

15. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

...you went to B&Q?

adidan, Yaka and Arboreal like this.
  16. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Aisle 486, powered off-road outdoor equipment :hehe:

17. Mister_Tad

Aye they sell these at B&Q, you go to the same section as lawn tractors and whatnot but you need the special handshake for them to take you into the back for these.

BeauchN, Yaka, Arboreal and 3 others like this.
  18. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Presumably you're taking the Jeremy Clarkson approach to mowing your grass? Speed and powah! :hehe:

19. Mister_Tad

I am now that you’ve given me the idea

Or even better, stick it in Baja mode and do donuts until there’s no grass left to mow.

noizdaemon666 likes this.
  20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Well of course, every petrol mower needs a turbocharger and a nitrous kit, especially if it’s a ride-on…

noizdaemon666 likes this.