1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Modern problems require modern solutions!

Mister_Tad likes this.
  2. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

So the H80i V2 arrived today, poorly packed (holes in the box), and I'm one nut short. Don't you just LOVE ebay purchases?
    [​IMG]

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Bah. Nothing like a missing nut.

Sadly the only place I may have any will be at home, and I am not there til Sunday. I think they are M3, those.

adidan, Mister_Tad and LennyRhys like this.
  4. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I'm counting on Mountune offering a warranty-sanctioned performance package to unlock the full Aus/US-market-spec 414bhp.

That grass won't know what hit it.

Last edited: 5 Feb 2024
    Byron C likes this.
  5. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

It's cool man, thanks - the seller is sorting me out with a replacement. I found out the hard way that I also need to order specific standoffs for LGA-2011, which I hadn't realised... so that's also now done and maybe I'll actually be able to use the damn thing by the end of the week lol :lol:

6. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Not really a purchase, but a gift from MrsYuu.
    The 2nd and 3rd books in The Expanse series, to go with the first book which she also got me.
    [​IMG]

Isitari, Pete J, perplekks45 and 4 others like this.
  7. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

[​IMG]
    ASRock 7600XT

8. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Quickly got fed up of the vile Maxwell house provided free; Coffee Gator Insulated Coffee Cup with Paperless Filter
    [​IMG]

I'd read the reviews and a surprising amount were commenting on how difficult it was to drink from, but looking at the lid I quickly realised why and placed my order. My review will probably not get published, but here's an insider preview:

Excellent Travel Brewer and Mug - PREVIOUS CUSTOMERS TO BE SEEN IN A DARWIN AWARD NEAR YOU SOON
    Got a couple of gator canisters and liked the quality of them, this continues that trend. Very well made, the pour-over brew is great, probably better suited to a courser grind than the first lot I've tried (lavazza pre-ground rossa), but still coped ok and provided a very nice tasting coffee.

The lid is great, no leaks at all, sits snuggly enough that the cup can be held upside down without leaking or dropping out, AND IS PERFECTLY EASY TO DRINK FROM. If you have any level of common sense, you'd realise that the opening for drinking is quite small, so difficult for liquid to come out and air to get in at the same time. Unlike a shockingly high percentage of their customers, coffee gator aren't complete eejits as they've provided a second hole above the drinking spout that can be opened to allow air in while you take a nice, long, uninterrupted, perfectly controllable sip of your beautiful hot filter coffee.

Imagine the look on the faces of those unable to grasp such a simple concept when they read this. Their horrifically disfigured burn-scarred faces.

Big Elf, Byron C and IanW like this.
  9. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

A very apt 'feel the burn'.

IanW and The_Crapman like this.
  10. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Arboreal likes this.
  11. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

The perfect urban runaround :hehe:

Joking apart, my Mrs drives the previous-gen cars for work, and for a pickup they're pretty bloody good. A very far cry from where they were 10 years ago certainly.

12. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

[​IMG]
    MOMENTUM 4 Copper Refurbished, £189! Needed some focus time headphones for work. Everyone else have those Sony ones and the Bose version, so I thought I had represent Sennheiser! I do love their stuff!

Plus I just felt like treating meself, as I spent the last 4 months working to pay off debts!

(google now has a generate image link feature apparently!)

kenco_uk and Yaka like this.
  13. Mister_Tad

Yikes... seems like you would be more likely to see those "upgrades" on the streets of Chelsea rather than the Nottinghamshire countryside.
    Paradoxically... because the M/T 35s in particular would make it absolutely unbearable to use on paved roads.

The only "upgrade" I was considering was PPF... on the fence given the cost though. I went for white firstly because I love a stormtrooper spec vehicle (this will be my third), but also because it should be the most forgiving against inevitable encounters with errant branches. Or maybe I get silly and get the Baja 1000 livery in a wrap :lol: - https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...ja-1000-promo-vids-look-stunning-204013.html#

My current Navara is pretty civilised for a pick-up but what I found most remarkable about this was how much more civilised it is on road, in spite of the A/T tyres. When getting the Navara I did test out an AT32 and it was too compromised on the pavement. And whilst I wouldn't necessarily say I "need" the off-road prowess of the Raptor, there are a number of occasions in in the last few years where its been a smidge dicy in the Navara, and more where I've made decisions limited by my expectations of the Navara's abilities (i.e. best not go that way).

With the Raptor the truck's capability should basically always be a notch above what is necessary for the situation at hand, has the on-road manners and creature comforts of a luxury SUV, and has the fun-factor of a sports car when hooning it. Its kind of the perfect vehicle, y'know.

So long as you don't need to venture into city-centres or multi-storeys ever. And as long as you also have a different and extremely economical car to drive for long motorway hauls to mentally offset the atrocious fuel mileage.

14. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

LennyRhys likes this.
  15. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

upload_2024-2-7_10-59-19.png

The Meaco compressor-style dehumidifier in the eldest's loft room failed in a very worrying way last night: despite being switched off (at the control panel, still on at the wall) it began to run the compressor... without the fan. Which made it get very, very, very hot indeed. Like, fire-hazard hot.

Pulled it out of service and bought a mid-range 7l-a-day dessicant type to replace it. I'd have bought the same one I'm using in the shed and the conservatory, but it seems to have been discontinued. Shame.

16. Mister_Tad

I took pause in my purchasing decision due to the potential "image issue" of even the stock Raptor.
    Until I realised that I'm a grown man and not bothered what strangers think, and if they're thinking about my willy they could probably use some introspection anyway.

17. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

I’m sure your membership to the Small D Club is in the post!

18. The_Crapman

I've been genuinely shocked at the amount of water they pull out of the air. It's especially handy for our bathroom which doesn't have an extractor and is through the kitchen, so the 2 wettest room in the house together. Luckily for us my mum had one we could "borrow", after getting fed up with the bs of appliances direct.

19. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

They're fantastic, ain't they? I've got dessicant ones in the conservatory and office and another Meaco compressor (which I'll be giving the side-eye) in the open-plan living-kitchen, all set on automatic so they only fire off when they need to. This one was running during the day in the eldest's room, which is a converted loft space - so all the hot air, and its moisture, goes up there. I think the new one has a 24-hour timer and a set-a-target-humidity mode - which hopefully I can use together, if not it's back to the old ways of turning it off at bedtime and trying to remember to turn it back on again in the morning...

20. The_Crapman

We had attempted to purchares and smart one, with all sorts of fancy settings, the borrowed (Honeywell I think) unit isn't very fancy, but it does have a small dial to set a humidity target. Normally keep it at 100% and just turn it on when needed, would be interesting to see if it came back on once humidity got above the threshold.