1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 thread

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 13 Dec 2020.

1. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Well, he's always had a weakness for women, just ask his first wife.

If the allegation does come to something and he get's the big shove, my money's on Pierre Wache the current Technical Director. He's third in command behind Horner and Newey, Newey won't want to be the guy running the show.

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

He always set off my 'creepy little ****' instinct. So whilst innocent til proved guilty and all that *Gestures at the ****ery involving Toto and Suzie Wolff*, If it was borne out to be true it would not shock me in the slightest.

3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I'm dubbing it Horney-gate
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68205305

All red bull have confirmed is that they're investigating a complaint against him, news reporting "allegation of inappropriate behaviour of a controlling nature.". That could be anything from sexual coercion to someone not liking being micromanaged.

*Waits for Eddie to pipe up and reveal all*

4. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

5. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Email is hard, yo. (no, seriously, configuring email is really freakin hard)

6. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Eddie catfishing him

The_Crapman likes this.
  7. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

Just when you think Horner is in the clear someone leaks all the evidence. Netflix must be ecstatic right now with all this drama. I've not seen any of the leaked messages and I'm not trying to undermine the seriousness of the allegations when using the word 'drama'. Just thought I should mention that.

8. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

So, he actually did it but squirmed out of it on a technicality?

Doesn't sound like the Red Bull way at all.

meandmymouth likes this.
  9. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

I only read a smattering of the alleged text messages and found them to be credible simply because they're almost too cringe to be fake! I retain a smattering of scepticism but currently coming down on the side of it being true.

If the messages don't count as "improper" behaviour I don't know what does. Sure as hell, if I did something similar at work I would be getting a very stern reprimand at the bare minimum!

I can only assume he was cleared because the evidence couldn't be categorically proven to be real or red bull decided it wasn't bad enough to fire him so swept it under the rug.

I suspect an employment tribunal would be less forgiving because it certainly reads like a work place sexual harassment with a clear trail of polite rejections of Horner's horny messages.

10. The_Crapman

I saw somewhere that the pictures of him were from news articles years ago, so would have no business being there. A screenshot of texts can be easily faked. If they're not and he was cleared, there's possibly evidence of it being reciprocated or initiated by the other party. From the ones I've seen, she said stop and he said fine, sorry.

Edit: That's not to say he definitely didn't do anything wrong, it could have been covered up or just denied because they feel Horner is too important to the team, which is still a possibility. Having recently been through something similar and been told in the appeal meeting by the HR director that yes, the evidence presented would be constituted as harassment and bullying by their policy on it, only then to not have had my appeal upheld, so have seen first hand that kind of bullshittery

Last edited: 1 Mar 2024
  11. The_Crapman

In much MUCH more important news ......
    20240301_195729.jpg

If you have yet to discover the glory of rocketpoweredmowhawk, please enjoy.

veato likes this.
  12. RedFlames

See everyone next year i guess..

yuusou and The_Crapman like this.
  13. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Maybe Alpine will be able to catch up to Haas by the Summer Break, so there is still a possibility of something changing through the course of the season.

But yeah, up front it seems pretty obvious whats gonna happen.

14. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

If his drive today is anything go by, watching Carlos Sainz reduce Charles to a jibbering wreck will be entertaining for everyone but Charles and Ferrari.

15. RedFlames

16. RedFlames

I didn't see/hear any of the sky or C4 commentary but i found BBC's commentary were sounding quite desperate in the sense of -

But... there's reasons to stay tuned in... right... there's reasons to keep following the season... right? right!? oh god everyone thinks the season is functionally over already... including us...

17. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I will laugh my arse off if 2025 begins with a Ferrari driver lineup that is the second best of 2024.

The_Crapman likes this.
  18. javaman

The cars go round two by two hurrah, hurrah. Not quite Sochi levels of OCD pleasing finishing but damn close.

Hearing the commentators go on about x number of wins in a row....yea not hiding a fact it's 2023 part 2. Riccardo Tsnoda bust up was interesting but even then I'm struggling to care enough to see if it amounts to anything

19. The_Crapman

From random Facebook F1 page post:

Reliable rumors suggest that Horner attempted to acquire the team with British financiers, without the knowledge of the Austrians.

With the passing of Dietrich Mateschitz in October 2022, the harmonious balance that allowed the coexistence of Red Bull's Thai and Austrian identities was lost. Oliver Mintzlaff, a German manager already involved in the football side of the company, was entrusted with the management of the sporting aspect of Red Bull.

Despite the apparent success of Red Bull's F1 project, winning the drivers' title in 2021 and the constructors' title in 2022 and 2023, rumors of internal disagreements within the team began to surface last year. Team principal Christian Horner was reportedly seeking to consolidate decision-making power within the new Red Bull sporting structure, potentially leading to friction.

There were even discussions about Horner's attempt to remove Helmut Marko, a close friend of the late Mateschitz, though this effort was reportedly thwarted by Max Verstappen, who owed much of his F1 career to Marko.

According to FormulaPassion.it, a reliable source familiar with the situation revealed the genesis of the bitter disagreements that ultimately fractured the team, with Horner on one side and the Austrian leadership on the other.

Allegedly, in 2023, Horner approached the Yoovidhya family with an offer from British financiers aimed at acquiring, wholly or partially, the Formula 1 team from the company. This move, reminiscent of Toto Wolff's leadership style, reportedly caught the Austrians off guard and led to a clear rift between Horner and the headquarters in Fuschl, even before the recent scandal emerged.

VIA: [formulapassion.it]

So could be that Horner looked to buy out the team and oust Himler Mark, who didn't take kindly to it and now trying to push him out by any means necessary.

javaman likes this.
  20. javaman

Part of which may include the blunt ape shaped tool in the form of Jos Verstappen motivated by someone muscling in on Daddy Son time.

makes me wonder how the Skittish Newey will react. Don't picture him having aspirations of taking charge but at the same time I don't picture him hanging around while the parents fight over who gets the silverware either