1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress [颖]Project conceptmod - Acrylic tubing!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ying, 7 Apr 2012.

1. Dk_vr

Dk_vr What's a Dremel?

Hello ying,
    I want to salute you for the fantasy that you have and for the great work so far!

I am wondering how many leds did you used to make the light on the VGA? The light is stable and same at ever mm of the acrylic plate?

2. ying

ying What's a Dremel?

Hi Dk_vr,

I used 33 leds for one backplate. The main problem is that the light is not "stable", I mean that you can perceive the different leds and there are spots of light. This is the main problem but if you look the plate perpendiculary to the light direction, the light is regular.

Coldzero have developed a system for solving part of this problem, you can check the lightbox that they made for the tj07:

[​IMG]

With this type of plate they were able to tweak the light distribution making the light more uniform.

3. barfastic

barfastic What's a Dremel?

where did you get this kind of palte for lighting?

4. ying

ying What's a Dremel?

From Coldzero ( www.coldzero.eu ) :D

And the project have a new Sponsor:

[​IMG]

Big thanks to Gareth for trusting in my project!​

5. krussellusaf

krussellusaf What's a Dremel?

That black on blue looks sick!

6. Dk_vr

Dk_vr What's a Dremel?

Interesting. With 33 leds you should have constant light everywhere. Well yes there are holes for the screws and unfortunately they will always stays like a shadows.
    Anyway good job and congratulations for the new sponsor.

7. ying

ying What's a Dremel?

DT Sniper Conceptmod edition waterblock:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The package comes with an extra o-ring and extra thumbnut it's a big detail by DT waterblocks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

About performance, it's very similar to my old Ek supreme HF but with a better flowrate and a better aesthetic :rock:

Last edited: 3 Jul 2012
  8. Cown

Cown Minimodder

Damn...

9. Fonne

Fonne What's a Dremel?

Looking amazing this build :)

10. ying

ying What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Shurika

Shurika Minimodder

I would recommend to replace the chip NE5532 on the audio card with OPA2134 - you`ll have better sound, I did it with my Asus Xonar DS

12. Dk_vr

Dk_vr What's a Dremel?

I wonder why do you need that expander? How many drivers you are planning to install?

13. ying

ying What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the advice, Shurika, I will try what you told me :D!

No, this is not a expander, it's an upgrade kit ( http://www.corsair.com/obsidian-series-800d-sata-6gbps-upgrade-kit.html/ ) I think that this will work well with my next adquisition (Crucial M4 128GB SSD).

Today I received the GPU waterblock I waited for 3 months, so a big update is coming :D

14. ying

ying What's a Dremel?

This is the sketch about the rear / back panel, designed to fit in a obsidian 800D case:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 9 Jul 2012
  15. Ulti

Ulti Poor student

Amazing work! I can't wait to see the motherboard plate in action. That's an awesome sleeving idea where you put the cables through the holes.

Just out of interest, what does 颖 mean? I'm Chinese but I guess my Chinese is lacking! Does it mean cool?

16. ying

ying What's a Dremel?

No, it haven't any special meaning, it's just my nick and part of my real name (ying) :)

Last edited: 10 Jul 2012
  17. HybridCore

HybridCore What's a Dremel?

Family name? Well, I'm Chinese too. Mine is 苏. Family names don't really hold any meaning. Maybe you can derive one if you look at the radicals contained within the character, like I have (a direct English translation sounds weird) 草字头(cao zi tou) which usually stands for something related to grass.

18. ying

ying What's a Dremel?

The important thing is to never forget where you come from and always have in mind who you are and what you would like to be, in my case, I was born in spain and I don't speak very well chinese language, so I am like a spanish but I never forget that in reality I'm chinese and this is why in what I most like doing (modding), I put this chinese word to have always in mind what I am.

I exactly don't know what you mean with family name but I think that you mean 姓right? in my case is 徐, my name probably will have a meaning but when speaking about the project, it haven't any literally meaning.

19. HybridCore

HybridCore What's a Dremel?

Considering I speak Chinese almost every day (actually, I stopped learning in 3rd grade a long time ago. I'm picking it up again as it'll benefit me and I know an easy way to learn it. Plenty of people also think I can pronounce the accents very well. I just need to improve on vocab and grammar and what characters I can remember), it's hard to forget. My parents were immigrants after all. I'm the first American in my entire family.

The family name is just a single character that symbolizes your family/lineage. It doesn't hold any meaning. Again, you might be able to derive one. Chinese commonly only have 2 characters in their name, their family name and then a character used in a name that symbolizes something, so in America we usually only have a first and last name, no middle. Some have 3. I do. 1 for family name, 2 for just characters that have a meaning.

20. Ulti

Ulti Poor student

Ah I see, my mum and my childhood friend has the name "Ying" in them but they the word Ying can represent so many different characters.

As I was pretty much the only Chinese in my class, people were always interested in the meaning of my name (apart from the surname) and I just made something up (well not completely, my name's Wen Feng 文鋒, so I told them 文 for language/literature/culture/studying from 文化 and 鋒 for gold related due to 金 on the left side. Checking google translate now, apparently 鋒 means sharp point/cutting edge. I remember I used to always ask my parents what my name meant, but I think they never told me.

My parents are also immigrants and I'm the first British in my family too, but since being a teen and with both my parents working, I don't speak Chinese as much as I do, so my accent gets worse and worse. I did go to Chinese school for roughly 10 years, but they focused more on reading and writing, not to mention the Chinese exams here are easy for even a person like me who can't pronounce things accurately. My girlfriend (international student from China) always likes to make fun of my Chinese!

Whilst I'm not patriotic by any means, I guess it is important to remember where we are from. I'm quite ignorant in that regard because I remember I once told my girlfriend that supporting a country is slightly stupid as it's what causes discrimination, racism etc, but she also told me it's stupid to forget your roots and forget where you're from. I've noticed that she's very patriotic and loves her Chinese history though, I guess being brought up in China really makes a difference. In the UK, due to so many different cultures and different identities, it's rare for people to be so patriotic, especially when you're not actually "white".

EDIT: Damn, I really derailed the thread :/ Sorry about that. Hope ying can provide us with more updates to get the thread back on topic!