1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Anno 2205

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gunsmith, 15 Jun 2015.

1. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Dammit, I knew I should have waited, :D, oh well, looks like we may be getting something back.

I did use the 20% off for 100uplay points, which made it £7.99 which was a bit more reasonable to me.

2. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

With the Orbit stuff, if I research something in a tree (to get research and get another station expansion), if I then destroy that station because I need more of another type to get some other research, does the tech in the tree of the station I've destroyed stay active?
    If that makes sense, :D

Doing reasonably well on my new Corp, I'm just waiting to amass enough credits to build my first fusion reactor, currently running about 20-30k income with about a total of 500k credits. Certainly more of a challenge than before, but the Orbit research helps with things like luxury food (no more beef) and the bioresin instead of synth cells (no more algae or synth cells).

3. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I'm sure gunsmith can correct me if I am wrong here but to my knowledge, destroying the module has the impact of removing the 'expertise' from that layer of the tech web, effectively deactivating it and removing the benefit it was providing.

I also found out the hard way that even a loss of power to any zone where you are launching astronaut types from has the impact of reducing expertise, which can be a big problem if your economy has become dependent on the research bonuses they provide!

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

thats correct, each module supports 3 technologies with expertise needed to activate them. expertise is generated by how many astronauts you send up, how many support modules you've got linked to it as well as any goods you're shipping up there.

5. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

So does that mean it's not possible to have all research items active at the same time? As there doesn't seem to be the right routes around the tree to get enough station expansion modules.

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

no, you need 16 modules to unlock the entire tree, you have 12 to play with. dont max out one tree entirely as you'll struggle to reach the expertise levels to research new modules. do 2 agriculture and then move onto bio

7. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I presume you are actually better off focusing on modules that boost the goods that come from pricey or complex chains?

For example, a 10% increase in Rice , to me does not seem as valuable as a 10% boost to Intelliware.

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

You need to think of the plants floorspace as well. Rice rakes up quite a lot.

9. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

True but it is just 1 line of building with Rice, Intelliware uses 1 silicone mining slot, 2 lines of Weave (fully upgraded), 1 chip factory (fully upgraded ) and 1 Intelliware factory (also full upgraded) to max the output. I think that gives you 28 units of I-ware, to get near the same with Rice, you would need 2 fully upgraded rice farms which gets 30 units and I believe is still less overall floor space.

The thing I am not sure about however, is consumption rates. Does the consumption of Rice only effect the 1st population level or do the subsequent pop levels consume all tier 1 resources on top of their own resources levels? If the latter, I can see how farming upgrades would be very valuable.
    Also, I know that Rice is not a fair comparison to a Tier 3 resource like I-ware, I guess a fairer comparison would be luxury meals, which need meat, veg, wine and lux meal factories, with the Wine and Meat farms having very large foot prints!

I'm going to Lab this tonight, try and find out which option is more efficient in terms of both cost and footprint! :)

10. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Or just Rice and Wine if you pick that tech in the tree, which gets rid of beef and soya farms, beef being very large footprint. Much cheaper too, rice maintenance is 20 credits, beef + soya is 750 credits, fully upgraded beef+soya is 2700 maintenance, rice is only 92. Rice is also cheaper on electricity and workforce too.

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

**** beef production, the maintenance and energy alone cost is insane, far happier to replace it with bio-boosted rice :clap:

12. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

All very interesting.

I haven't even looked at optimizing the placement yet, aka making sure that the island that gets the biggest food bonus has all the food production on it etc.

Lots of changes to make!

13. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Just got around to re-jigging my lvl 106 Corp, balanced everything out and I'm running at 150k/tick income with 1.x million citizens.

Just taken over greentide.

14. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I just got an e-mail from Ubisoft:

I wasn't part of the angry mob, not did I actually expect Frontiers to be part of my original purchase, I bought it because I wanted to expand a game I have played and enjoyed for well over a 100 hours.
    Despite not being a fan of all this 'season pass' crap that has become like a disease in many games these days. However, not a bad move by Ubisoft and I won't say no to a refund :D

Guess this means a mars expansion is off the cards then? :S