1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Anno 2205

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gunsmith, 15 Jun 2015.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

each session is pretty much an island in 2070

2. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Has there been any more discussion on the possibility of multiplayer in the future?

3. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Just watched a video of some gameplay from an august preview build, love the ability to move buildings. As much as I like that public buildings now seem to not have the same sort of influence circle I do wonder if it's going to make things a little too easy.

Think it's a bit of a shame they dumped the ecological effects as it gave another aspect to control.

Do we know if there's any sort of research like in 2070, would imagine that would fit in nice with modules.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

4. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

It's a real shame that multiplayer was omited from 2205, especially given how brilliantly it was implemented in 2070.

Just got email from Amazon to say mine has been dispatched.

5. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Agreed. There used to be 4/5 of us playing Anno 1404 and 2070 and we'd just take an island fulfil a role. Used to work, even though the scumbags let my peasant island burn when I went to eat.

Many laughs were also had when names of islands/boats were changed - I remember Bold Seamen being socketed on ships labelled Modds Mum.....

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

it might be patched in with whatever expansion they decide to do further on down the road.
    right now i have a review to make.

7. veryevil

veryevil Minimodder

No multiplayer. That's a real shame. I often play 2070 with my mate and a great co-op game as he like to complete the missions and I like to obsess about the city building.

8. loftie

loftie Multimodder

9. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

10. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

This unlocked at 11PM last night, with a 959 meg patch.

Initial impression are positive (sorry gunsmith I just could not wait to hear yours with a CE sitting on my desk!), but the game really does looks stunning. The difference between arctic and greenzone gameplay is quite nice, with heat management playing a big part in habitat design for the arctic and changing how they look. Not made it to the moon yet.

The region load time is acceptable on an SSD but overall performance is a bit hit and miss. I am using the last but 1 Nvidia Win10 drivers, in very high settings, with a 2 gig GTX770 and getting about 40FPS as an average. That in itself is not a massive problem but sometimes I get dips down to 30 or less or increases to 45 and that fluctuation is quite noticeable.

I had no problems connecting to play or getting good DL speeds for the patch from uplay but I guess the real test will be tonight when more people are on that would have been so late last night.

So far so good!

Last edited: 3 Nov 2015
  11. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Hope UPS arrives earlier than they did yesterday else I'll be waiting till 3pm before I can even start installing.

Also, Gunsmith, are you Tim Shaw??? :D Sound remarkably similar, :D

12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

who the **** is tim shaw?

hopefully my DE will be waiting when i get home, can compare the review code to the final thing after i reinstall the box tonight.

13. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I'm a bit of a sucker for art books for games, the one for 2205 is quite nice quality, I really like the sharp pastel style drawings you get with some of them.

My only game artbook regrets are not having the one for Homeworld Remastered or the Wither 3. I actually wish the publisher would just let you buy the art books separately!

Please let me know how you find the performance Gunsmith, and what driver versions/settings you are using. There is no Nvidia experience profile for it yet and im sure we won't get new drivers specially for it, like we would if this was GTA5 etc.

14. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

TV presenter.

Does Car SOS and Experimental.

Still awaiting UPS with my copy.

*EDIT*

ARSE!!

UPS have now said mine will be delayed by 1 business day, so probably going to be 3pm tomorrow now.

Last edited: 3 Nov 2015
  15. loftie

loftie Multimodder

My thoughts on the CE are that it's nice, the 2070 one was definitely better due to a larger artbook, but it's still a nice book and I've been listening to the soundtrack which is also nice.

The game, I am enjoying it but I'm not sure if i'd consider it true to the anno formula. I haven't gotten to the moon yet, but with the arctic so far it feels less about juggling resources than the old ones have. As such I've spent a fair bit of time just messing about trying to make my city look pretty, the no restrictions on where you can build is nice. Maybe things get more hectic down the road and feel more like my other games of Anno. I could see the cosmetic fluff dlc from 2070 working well in this.

Two final thoughts, the wording on the season pass leaflet make it sound like there will only be two dlcs, which would be sad. I was hoping for a return of underwater. I suppose they can't add much othwise resources/needs will have to be off the chart.

And, anyone know if there's a key to cycle through the different designs of each object? I remember using one in 2070 but that may have been a mod.

16. sandys

sandys Multimodder

This games is looking nice, I was looking to play Deep Ocean finally but maybe I'll just skip and play 2205, thoughts on that, am I missing out if I skip Deep Ocean DLC for the old one in favour of this.

17. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I just got to the moon late last night. Very cool how different each environment really is. if I had one piece of advise though, it would be to delay your moon expansion until you have a decent stock of iridium and nano fibers (you don't need either directly for the moon but it helps with upgrading power, production efficiency or lowering cost in existing infrastructure) and a very good credit income. I had 386k plus an hourly income of 15k and I burned though that very rapidly with minimal moon infrastructure, it is VERY expensive!

I was really worried they were going to dumb down the production and logistics chains but actually, the over fiddly micro management of ships has been removed for the better and the production chains retain complexity by their location, cost and population scaling.

Really enjoying this so far.

18. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Grrrrrr, doesn't look like mines coming today either, still not out for delivery today on the tracking.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

19. sandys

sandys Multimodder

£28 on GReenman gaming, sounds like a good price, is it?

20. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Decent price for the standard version from a reliable retailer.
    Can be got cheaper from these cdkey places but I'd put more faith in GmG than them, although when I looked at that price on GmG yesterday it said sold out.