1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Another Blue CoolerMaster HAF (12/13/12 Small Update - Watercooling soon!)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ModaRobby, 3 Jun 2010.

1. Jelle46

Jelle46 Belgium

thanks, I'll be watching this one for sure :clap:

2. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

lol, I'm 13 and my friend has hairier legs than those. His 8 year old brother has arms like a gorilla.

3. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

The paints coming on nicely, thats a good finish mate:thumb:

4. whistler4ever

whistler4ever What's a Dremel?

Very nice looking build. May I ask where you got the LCD temperature monitor part from?

5. ModaRobby

ModaRobby What's a Dremel?

6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Hells to the yeah! :rock:

7. ModaRobby

:D I'm actually excited to be working on it again too. Combination of school and lack of funds is why I had to put the brakes on before. Now I've got a new Bulldozer processor and GTX 670 powering it so it will be worth it to watercool and do all the fancy work.

Stay tuned :)

8. ModaRobby

The old and the new

Backlogged and out of date "The Dead Thread" is what this became. But, now I'm back and ready to finish this thing out. Watercooling and a small overhaul will be first.

So, for those who are interested in what I've been up to over the last year: I moved into a new apartment and finished school. I also found a job so it all ended up working out. Well not for the project log, but you get what I mean.

Now for the case, I got my 16x16 acrylic in the mail and it wasn't quite big enough.

[​IMG]

So I'm just going to rivet mesh to the acrylic all the way down and then rivet the mesh to the side panel. It will all work out good. Almost like ventilation holes. That will be on my next Frozen-cpu order.

Also I just got this in the mail and couldn't stop myself from installing it right away. It will be watercooled!

[​IMG]

Here is the case how it is running now with my old 550w Corsair (still running strong for almost 4 years) Yea I did get the Blue LED's running and ended up breaking the fresh new blue one I ordered... surprising I know.

[​IMG]

30 ft of black sleeving. I know I'll need more but I'm waiting on the tools to come in the mail anyway. This is the PSU I will be sleeving completely.

[​IMG]

This will be painted blue and black. It's long past it's warranty seeing as how I got it free from work. I don't mind peeling that particular void sticker.
    [​IMG]

Will continue when I get the connector removal tools in the mail. Subscribe :D

9. ModaRobby

Still waiting for some watercooling parts to trickle in. Namely Swiftech's AMD mounting plate for the Apogee I ordered. Hopefully this week I will be good to go.

This log should really get rolling in about two weeks when I have my full watercooling kit and a new paycheck to pick up some mesh and other fancy things. The GTX 670 wont be WC'ed until then unfortunately as I did not have enough spare cash to order that when I ordered the rest of the loop.

Subscribe! :)