1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Yup. Got Maha Ras on the go as well with Agent Orange & 710 to follow when I've freed up another tank or two

2. andreinuk

andreinuk Minimodder

Just taken the plunge and got one. Bought the same one as you recommended Andersen.

Just need to charge it and away I go.

3. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Excellent. You might want to stock up on whatever juice becomes "your thing".

A word of wisdom: you have a clearomizer. It wastes a lot of juice and I suggest that you upgrade to Kanger Protank or Protank2 if you really like vaping. Back when I only had clearos, I had to fill up one 2-3 times during the day. Now with Protanks I top off one in the morning and it lasts me a whole day. 2,5ml vs 4,5-5ml daily usage, now guess which one I like?

Suggestion:
    - 2x Ego upgrade battery with USB passthrough
    - 2x Kanger Protank or Protank 2
    - 10 atomizers for above (consumable part, wick might get burnt and taste goes to hell)
    - suitable carrying case such as large Ego case

Also, this arrived today. Two opened flavoring bottles are chilling in the fridge.

4. saspro

saspro IT monkey

710 is lovely, I could seriously vape this all day every day (but not at £7 for 10ml I won't be)

5. Andersen

DIY perhaps? If my math is correct (highly unlikely :p), I'm paying about 70 cents per day for being able to mix my own e-juices with certain nicotine content and flavor.

When this thing goes really huge, I wonder how much tobacco companies will lobby against e-cigs? My two cents are on a lot with added bs.

6. saspro

saspro IT monkey

I've got 400ml of DIY on the go at the moment. My 90%VG banana cream is great but I thought I'd treat myself to some Mad Murdocks as I actually found it in stock somewhere

7. andreinuk

andreinuk Minimodder

Well so far I must admit I'm surprised how well it works. Not had anything else and haven't missed em.

Thanks for the advice about the additional bits. Going to give it a week or two and if I'm still going great I'll definitely follow your advice about changing to a protank.

It maybe a bit premature but I think I'm a convert.

8. Andersen

9. andreinuk

andreinuk Minimodder

10. Andersen

I happen to have that same mod. Add Protank (+spare atomizers), two 18650 batteries and you're set.

Remember to set it to "No2" mode which gives more accurate power. Hold + or - for ten seconds to change it.

11. saspro

saspro IT monkey

12. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

Pluid is lovely stuff. I've dedicated my AGA-t2 to pluid. Got some Grants Vanilla Custard recently. Also a really nice liquid. I'm currently using my Kayfun Lite on a Smok Magneto mechanical mod. Vaping up some big clouds in the office!

13. Andersen

14. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

Ok, so i've been using the EGO-C for almost 9 months, can anyone suggest a better alternative?

I'm looking for good battery life, similar size (5or so inches max), nothing that will get me confused with Doctor Who, or a terrorist, good vaping etc.

I like the hit I get with the Ego-C low resistance coils, and until recently had a variable voltage battery that allowed me to push them to 5v - but that was just way too much.

Issues I experience:

The "tanks" get sloppy, and leaks occur.
    Not enough liquid makes it into the atomizer and I end up getting a mouthful of burnt caramel flavour and have to trash the atomizer.
    Cost of the coils!

So anyone have a nice simple replacement?

I smoke 60/40 VG/PG mix.

15. saspro

saspro IT monkey

It is but most suppliers are selling the same ones so you're just cutting out the middleman and saving a few quid

16. saspro

saspro IT monkey

What resistance? 5v is way too high for most LR stuff unless you're using a RBA with modified air intake and a dual coil

If they're the 1.7 ohm ones then you don't want to be going above 4v as that'll give you just under 10 watts. 5v is 15 watts and will cause dry hits and burn any filler in the cart

17. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

they were some 5v rated 3.7 something ohm mega-atomizers (had to use a new head unit to fit them), the vape was OK on 5v, used waaaay to much juice and the hit was crazy.

No burn-ups on them unless i forgot to fill the tank.

Just got rid of them as they were not my M.O when it comes to Vaping, I like low surrounding impact, good flavors etc.

18. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Get a variable wattage or variable voltage kit then. That way you can tune the vape how you like it.
    A twist would fit the subtle catagory but something like a vamo would give more vape choice if you can get over the fact it's bigger.

19. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

I draw enough attention to my habit as it is with the Ego-C, I've got a strange "it's not in your face so don't worry about it" attitude when it comes to Vaping in public, ever since the local train stations started clamping down on vapers.

20. saspro

saspro IT monkey

I find carrying something that looks nothing like a cig attracts a lot less attention than a small 510 battery & carto.

What's you budget for a new device?