1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know anything about laws of dog fouling private property?

Discussion in 'General' started by mookboy, 10 Jun 2008.

1. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

I was going to say... :) My grandfather did this once years ago when the neighbor's dog kept crapping on the lawn. He asked nicely, twice, for the neighbor to be a little more responsible with his pet. After the third time, he collected all the little piles into a single trashbag for the next couple weeks after that and dumped the results on the guy's front door mat. The dog never went in my grandfather's yard again. :hehe:

2. xen0morph

xen0morph Bargain wine connoisseur

It's simple. Everytime the dog pisses on your fence, piss on the dog. There's no law against it - you're only having a piss on your own property.

Either that, or chuck a bucket of water over the *******. It won't come back after you've done that a few times.

I'd suggest storing your piss and solids in a bottle for a couple of weeks, and then tipping the whole thing over the dog - it's safer than standing there doing it.

3. Smegwarrior

Smegwarrior Fighting the war on smeg

Some good suggestions there.

If you go the supersoaker route keep it in a bucket of ice water as it will have more effect.

Use water balloons, keep them in a bucket of ice water.

Smearing it with it's own waste is the best, the owner will get a sample of your suffering.

You could call the dog catcher and tell them any set times it is running about, also tell them what it does and even embellish the facts a little like saying it bites at anyone especially kids, tell then where the owner lives so they get a fine, the more they keep letting it run loose the more it costs them.

Pepper spray maybe?

Returning to the owner what belongs to them in an envelope with their address and a stamp sounds good, video it and put it on youtube and leave a note in their letterbox telling them about the video.

Feed it laxettes, they love chocolate, after a box of them it will leave trails around their house.
    Melt the laxettes and add bicarbonate of soda so it farts and sprays excrement around their house.

Or the opposite, feed it immodium so it gets chronic constipation.

Crazy glue it (the dog) to their front door, add a note saying it was running loose and causing havoc and now that problem is solved.

Whatever you decide to do you have to video it and post it here.

4. Akava

Akava Lurking...

Some excellent suggestions there, esp the last few very funny.

But in all seriousness, try not to harm the dog if you can, just cause its owners and halfwits that shouldn't own dogs doesn't mean it deseves punishment.

However the an electric fence or even just lobbing water on it when its pissing on your fence will stop it within a few buckets. Good luck, and make sure you youtube any funny results ;) :thumb:

5. zachjowi

zachjowi What's a Dremel?

where I leave there is a leash law.

6. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

**** LMFAO. I'm so sorry I laughed at that. I just found it hilarious it JUST happened to pick the spot you were doing up.

Of course if it happened to me I'd blow up.

But I think you should just do what everyone has said already.

7. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

:lol:, but it requires catching and handling the dog - which could get you in trouble.

:clap:

The best one I heard was a guy that waited for a rainy day then threw a bunch of beef Oxo cubes into the owners' yard. After that the pest dug up their yard so much they got rid of it.

8. PhenomRed

PhenomRed What's a Dremel?

this can be used in many other situations too :D

i'm thinking grenade wrapped in ham or something...

seriously though, just talk to them. if they can't understand that their dog is being a tool (yes, i know it probably doesn't realize, but still...) then feel free to use one of the other methods mentioned in here.

9. profqwerty

profqwerty What's a Dremel?

Buuuut....any news?

10. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

The best (or cheapest) method is to spray it with water. It means you don't have to catch it, you don't have to deal with the owner, it's harmless but it does end up teaching the dog not to do something. It may not be an instant fix, but the dog will get the message (through the way a dog thinks) that weeing and pooing up your fence is a bad thing. Just use a normal water sprayer (or garden hose) and aim it through a gap in the fence.

It sounds like your neighbour wouldn't be up to listening to whatever you had to say anyway, whether it be said calmly or bellowed through a megaphone, so that avenue is a bit of a non-starter. I'd suggest saying anything about their dog will alert them to the fact if anything were to happen to it, they'd know which door to hammer on. The fact they've left their pooch to run round doing what it likes speaks volumes.

Actually, sod all that. +1 for flamethrower. Dog and owner, tbh.

11. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

I'm getting images of Me, Myself & Irene in my head. Return the favour. Kneel over and park your bricks on his lawn.

It's the last scene of this video.

12. itazura

itazura PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

i second this. not only would it be brilliant, it'd also be awesome, haha.