1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Arma 2: DayZ

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kingred, 24 Apr 2012.

1. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

RoosterTeeth/Achievement Hunter did a long video on it:

Sam

2. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Im strongly against this. I try not to kill people. Generally i try to chat on the side channel and speak to anyone people who have some chit chat back and forth "generally" are ok. its the silent people i always worry about. Laying low and avoiding conflict could save you sometimes. You never know who that one guy was with! Also I would like to think some people would attempt to stay civilised in the event of a zombie outbreak! :sigh:

Me and couple of my mates go on quite a bit during the evenings after work. Skype name is william.fleming123 add me on that. We usually speak on Skype while playing.

Bill

3. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Brilliant thanks all. I need to get myself a cheap copy of operation arrowhead by the looks of it. Might be tricky!

4. suragh

suragh Derp

Follow this guide, It is quite straightforward.

http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_install_DayZ

Also, Six Updater is a useful tool which I was recommended by someone on here not too long ago (forgive me, I don't remember who)

www.six-updater.net

It's used for updating servers that are buggy and it just fixes things. You can also shortcut servers which is useful too.

Get both games via steam, you don't need to buy the base game, you can get one just called "Arma 2 free" which doesn't cost anything. Now all you need is Operation Arrowhead which is £15. Just letting you know if you didn't know already.

5. suragh

suragh Derp

90% of the people who I played with on the servers last night were ****s.

I do chat to others in the side channel unless there are full of trolls.

If I didn't kill any of the guys on the server last night that I met, they would have killed me. I don't take any risks, if the guy is genuinely nice then yeah, ofcourse I wouldn't.

6. will_123

I know there are lots of idiots out there but how do you know they would have killed you when you gunned them down on sight..? That's all I was meaning. And you never know who is good and bad by just bumping into them randomly. Its such a hard one when you don't want to die. Like i said i did the same thing first time I met somebody! And the guy was so angry because he didn't do anything so from then on I try to be slightly less trigger finger ha.

Its what makes this game so bloody good!

Bill

7. bdigital

Am I going mad? I cant fint arma II free on steam. Only the demo.

Sorry, i know i have seen it before but cant seem to find it now. Any help?

8. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I got killed yesterday in Cherno by someone with a full sniper rifle. Was a couple of them, I went in for some weapons and supplies, just got a winchest rifle and a 1911 and was sneaking out when they started shooting at me (they were hosing zombies the whole time) so a little more sneaking, thought I was in the clear when I got headshotted from atleast 400m :( 3 times in as many days this has happened. Makes me very depressed...

9. bdigital

Ive managed to get arma II free downloading. But my new question is.....

If i use Arma II Free instead of the full Arma II, will i get worse graphics using the dayz mod? Or doesthe mod use the Operation Arrowhead graphics instead?

Because if the Dayz mod gets worse graphics when using the free base game, il get the full one :)

10. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

it works fine, just use the freebe (its called a demo on steam but is not). i liked arrow head for about £8 a few pages back too.

11. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I couldn't resist any longer, I've just bought Arma 2: CO from Bohemia's own store as its £5 cheaper than Steam. Downloading now.

12. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Welcome to THE PAIN!

13. bdigital

Can people playing retail, or mixed versions play with people using purely steam versions?

My mate has retail ARMA II and steam arrowhead, and im tempted to buy CO on steam..... Just hoping we can still play together.

14. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Yeh :)

Me and 6 mates were on a server and we just found a box with 100 of everything in it.... :D

Found out it was a memory hack someone had done, so we used it :p We wont get blocked for it. Finders keepers :p

Last edited: 15 Jun 2012
  15. will_123

Amazing.

Last night I left Cherno after finding a MP5. Headed up to the castle directly north of Cherno. It didnt have much to offer. Going to play on tonight and head to the northern airstrip. Hopefully it holds many guns and ammo!

Bill

16. suragh

suragh Derp

Crashed a UH-1H, I was elected to drive it (forced by my friends). I managed to get it up in the air for around 20 minutes. I arrived in Cherno and I really didn't know what overcame me at this point but I ejected myself out of it and the Helicopter crashed into the Hotel which was pretty funny (the others were not too happy) LOL!. They had it coming to be honest, I couldn't stop laughing after I did it.

That was my highlight of yesterday :D

17. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

what time zone is this game tied to...it's always dark when i get a chance to play...would love to see daylight!

18. bdigital

Its tied to the timezone of the country that the server you are playing on is in.

19. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

There are some European servers that work with a reverse timezone, which is nice.

20. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I play US servers at night, which most of Europe appears to do too :p

Edit: Another lucky find, was meeting up with my mates and found someones stockpile of cars. A pickup, a UAZ and a ATV, with 6 guns and loads of other stuff :D YOINK!

Last edited: 16 Jun 2012