1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Arma 2: DayZ

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kingred, 24 Apr 2012.

1. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Just to give people a heads up, apparently v1.7.1 has broken a lot of the game, so avoid for now :)

2. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Will do.

I was in a server last night and somebody must have been using some kind of hack or exploit because planes just started falling from the skys. C310 or something they were massive. There was a massive pile of planes in the middle of cherno haha. I tried to fly one and it just blew up...taking several people with it lol.

Bill

3. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

1.7.0 did the same though to be fair, had much better luck with 1.6.

Also in 1.7.0 the other night some pratt kept spawning tanks. lol

Update a few minutes ago saying theres a bug with food and bandages not spawning. More people killing each other FTL

Last edited: 18 Jun 2012
  4. suragh

suragh Derp

No wonder me and a few friends had trouble loading into servers. A few we managed to get in but it was too buggy.

Thanks for the heads up.

Also if any of you are interested in watching Dreamhack, they showcased DayZ.

5. will_123

From the sound of the last few tweets from @dayzmodteam the hatchet might be able to be a weapon! And you no longer spawn with weapon now in update I think....

Bill

6. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

Was playing on Sunday on the couple of servers that seemed to be working. The new patch has indeed broken a fair amount, in particular Zeds hitting you through walls and glitching through floors when they run at you.

You spawn with just a bandage and painkillers, which I think was unintentional but now being considered a permanent change. I'm undecided what I think about it, I love the idea of having to creep past groups of Zeds desperately looking for your first weapon, but it can be an absolute ball ache when you die repeatedly because of a stray Zed spawns behind you as you are creeping along, or one on the other side of a building detects you with it's 'spidey sense' (no, I'm not kidding). Also, it allows for a lot of griefing on newly spawned players as they have no way of fighting back, but at the same time people won't be so quick to start a firefight with you if they know how much pain they'll go through to get to where they are again.

Curiously are there any servers you guys tend to stick around on, or is it simply a case of whatever server has lowest ping/slots available in a day timezone?

7. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I tend to fire no shots for my first few hours of game play. If you're shooting, you're doing it wrong...

8. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

you need ARMA2: CO for this...? that sucks, iv only got original :(

9. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

OAH isn't that expensive though on it's own iirc?

Played the latest patch last night, didn't notice an awful lot if I'm honest, although strangely I had better performance lol. Zombies go down a lot quicker now so you're not wondering if you've actually killed them. They seem to walk a lot quicker too

Last edited: 19 Jun 2012
  10. will_123

Played the update.

Its so much harder now! Going into towns zeds can see you from much further and you make a lot of noise the zeds now go and investigate. Also its now possible to lose zeds if you run for a long time! And don't know if it was just my server but i cant find any food!

Bill

11. rma

rma Minimodder

It was deliberate!

The 1.7.1 change log...
    http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=10353
    IMHO a most retarded change!

I see, though, that he's adding melee weapons in 1.7.1.2
    http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15045
    but doesn't say that you will spawn with one.

I know it's meant to be a bleak, survival game - he's got the "bleak" and the "survival" in there but seems to be steering away from it being a "game", ie. fun.

Won't be playing it again, personally, until you spawn with a weapon.

12. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

Bit drastic? Once you've found one, the key is not to die after all. In fact I think it adds incentive to the survival aspect which makes this mod so awesome to begin with lol. Being one of the few games where you REALLY don't want to die :D

13. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

I agree it makes it harder, though I think given a pistol and one mag would be better....as atm I just sprint till I find a weapon, no creeping for me. And it seems you can break line of sight now I've been running like a mad man!

Top of that with lack of food I spawned into a 1.7 server filled my Alice pack with food....great idea I thought.....now makes me a big target on the server.... lone wolf time....

14. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

I too complain about a zombie mod on a military simulator's hardness.

It is designed too be hard, IE life, its a one shot deal lol. Either way if you aren't playing it anymore, means more server slots for the rest of us.

15. suragh

suragh Derp

Filtered the servers to hide full and yet the majority of them appear full anyways. :yawn:

16. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

its like £15-20 init?

17. suragh

suragh Derp

£14.99 on steam

18. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

If your quick on game.co.uk you can get ARMA X (The old Operation Flashpoints(red hammer+resistance), the orginal ARMA + Expansions, ARMA II + Expansions (OA, PMC and British Forces)) for £14.99 which seems best value for money.

I got a stock alert on game for it the other day, it was out of stock 2 hrs later :O so you need to be on the ball lol

19. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

You can get Combined Operations (arma 2 + OA) for £19.99 from Bohemia's website.

I like the no weapon at spawn, I just don't like the overly sensitive zombies spotting me from across the map everytime I stand up to look around. I also don't like the barbed wire cos everyone is spamming the towns with the stuff making it nigh on impossible to enter anywhere.

If I had my way I'd remove the option for servers to allow crosshairs and 3rd person, they have no place in a game like this imo.

Last edited: 19 Jun 2012
  20. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

3rd person is useful for driving at night though...