1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows BBC Top Gear

Discussion in 'General' started by samkiller42, 13 Dec 2010.

1. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

New info in 1st post.

Sam

2. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

Great special in the Middle East, was hilarious how badly wrong their planning went.

3. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

4. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Is that seriously what passes as journalism in the Daily Star? Filling half your article with a bunch of randomly sourced quotes from a cross section of the country's top weirdos and nutjobs? I don't know what would be sadder, that this was the best they could come up with, or that there is actually a large enough number of people in this country who read such dumbed-down drivel like that for them to be the paper's target audience :sigh:

5. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Sadly, yes to all of the above.:sigh:

6. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

The tragic part is that that is the article which were given as a source for the article in the Norwegian Newspaper I originally read about this in.

It's a trend that twitter and facebook are given as sources of information. That it pretty worrying IMO...

7. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

any word on cars that will be in the show? someone told me that the new Ford Focus RS500 will be on... a bloody Focus with 500hp.... madness!

8. Snubbs

Snubbs CustomPC Migration victim....

9. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I love this bunch of guys so much. They make me want to drive endlessly and I think it's what Top Gear should be about.

Great special. Not exactly on par with the Bolivia special, but still very very good

respect

10. krakatoa3

krakatoa3 How hard can it be??

Personal favourite special was Botswana, but this was still good fun to watch.

Failed to see the start, but did they have a 'here's what's coming up in this series' segment? Or is this not part of the series?

11. knuck

knuck Hate your face

it was on the 21st's episode

12. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Now on the first post of this thread.

Sam

13. krakatoa3

:jawdrop:

WooooW. Now bouncing off the walls waiting for the 23rd.

14. j.col

j.col Minimodder

i enjoyed the middle east special as well, but they did look silly in those burka's.
    and then baby stig :eeek:

15. SuperSquizzel

SuperSquizzel What's a Dremel?

Brilliant Christmas shows, the highlight of Christmas telly, with the exception of the 1st One Ronnie sketch with the Blackberry.

Roll on the next season!

16. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

The Man in the White Suit

So I got Ben Collin's book for xmas and it's got me a bit confused.

Those of you who watched the xmas specials will have noticed the guys doing a drive by on cutouts of the Stig and Hammond having a bit of a rant as he turned his cutout around shouting something about shooting him in the back in return for what the Stig did.

Having read the book I can see no reason for this, yes he spoke about Jezza, May and Hamster but I couldn't see anything nasty or revealing about them that would warrant the abuse Stig received in the shows.

Has anyone else read it? What are your opinions?

17. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

The fact Collins wrote a book and outed himself as the Stig is what upset the Beeb and the other topgear presenters- the stig is ment to be an enigma, never to have his true identity revealed as it would spoil the whole mystery and fun surrounding the character. He didnt need to have said or done anything to personally upset Clarkson & co, he just pissed them & the beeb off by cashing in on his status.

Given that he used to drive some of the most awesome cars and meet some great celebs, and now is on 5th gear doing dreary reviews, seems like writing that book and revealing that he was the stig wasnt such a great career move..

18. krakatoa3

I think it's more that the Stig was meant to be a complete anonymous, he was just a white suit. By writing and saying that he was the Stig, it just destroyed the image of the Stig.

Or maybe they actually did believe the facts Jeremy said, and that he does only know 2 facts about ducks. Both of which are wrong.

Still, 3 days til the new series....

19. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

^This. It was never about him dishing dirt on the show or the other presenters, that wasn't even the intention of the book. He's just a greedy, fame-seeking t**t who deserves to be ridiculed in front of millions of people the world over. Read this, it explains in more detail:

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2010/08/27/the-stig-he-is-ours/

20. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I think the TG crew are pretty close to each other. Working that long together will often make colleagues seem like a "second family". Having Collins suddenly break out of that family, ignoring contracts and destroying one of the core features of the show, for his own winning probably made all the others feel like they were stabbed in the back. Imagine all the hard work that have gone into Stigs secrecy.