1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bit-tech League of Legends thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Djayness, 19 Jan 2011.

1. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

Renekton or Trundle.

Renekton can sit in fights for ages, constantly stunning/lifestealing/nuking champions. I love doing a Renekton/Akali lane pairing.

Alternatively, Trundle can jungle just as well as anyone else, if not better, and be out ganking people in no time. So long as you have someone who is happy to go 1v2 on top lane (morde/malphite ideal candidates), he is capable of dealing a LOT of damage, while slowing people and buffing himself with movement/attack speed. I'm seriously considering him as my next character when Ez starts boring me.

2. halfinched

halfinched What's a Dremel?

depend how you play them - when i play olaf he is a beast late game but struggles a bit early on. alistair (the big minatour) is practically indestructible and a great push. he's stuns and knockbacks can be a great asset in team fights to. I've never managed to get many kills with him being a tank but was playing with someone the other day who used him and he was killing / ganking etc like a dps character it is possible. :)

3. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Ezreal should only ever be played AP. Ever.

As Ab can attest to, my pet hate is AD Ezreal :p.

Anyhow,

Currently the most "viable Warrior-esque" champs are probably Udyr, Olaf and Warwick who are funnily enough all junglers (because Melee Tanky Carries don't belong in lanes :p).

Udyr's hard to get your head around though since he doesn't have an Ultimate and each ability is a "Stance" that has unique persistent properties and also when activated. Quite like Sona, but no Ult and more DPS/Tank. He's also best known for his ability to stun each enemy team member every 6 seconds thanks to his Bear Stance.

Olaf as pointed out is a wrecking machine, he'll chew through a squishy in no time and still has no problem with tanks. However as stated, he takes a few more items to get going so he's not focused down and killed since he has no way of closing distance apart from Flash/Ghost and bulldozing his way into the middle of a group.

Warwick is probably the easiest to play since he jungles incredibly well (to the point of being imba imo). He doesn't quite gank as well before Level 6, having to rely on Lizard Buff slow and running an enemy down. However at 6 his Ult makes ganking a breeze, lategame he's more like an Assassin/Squishy Killer designed to take one enemy out of a teamfight whilst the rest either pound on them, or a more important target.

With regards to Trundle, he's good in the jungle like you said, but everyone i've seen has built a tanky-carry and haven't impressed. He seems like he's quite item dependent in order to output significant damage, yet if he does build AD, he's as squishy as a normal carry. Maybe i'm just not seeing the right Trundles since they almost never appear anymore.

As for Renekton, i saw a load of them when he was released, yet none seem to be around anymore. Even i bought and played him for a few games, but decided he didn't really bring anything to a teamfight imo. Like Trundle, if he goes Tanky, his DPS is mediocre and he just becomes an initiator with his Dash + Stun, but if he goes DPS then he's squishy and a normal Melee Carry - which just aren't good unless fed.

4. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

Warrior types i interpret as Tough DPS.

In that case i'd opt for Xin, Olaf, Irelia, Morde or Renekton imo.

Oh and Lux is hella fun, it isn't surprising the same designer who made Lux made Pantheon, they are both alot of fun.

5. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I'm in the mood to play now... Should I learn to play lux or morde :O

6. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Lux is so awesome if you manage to get the timings right. :D

7. b0ng0

b0ng0 Reddomitlum

Are you trying to say Lux requires lux?

:naughty:

8. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Lux is a hard champion to fully maximize damage for since ideally you need to do something similar to:

E > Q > Autoattack > Detonate E > R > Autoattack

the order of the first two abilities aren't really that important but landing the slow might help you get the snare or vice versa.

I find her fun just because her voice is so jovial, but i find in terms of pure damage output, Ezreal is better or for utility, Morgana. However she's a nice hybrid of both which i guess is what makes her so fun.

+ A note about Renekhton, has he become anymore viable? I briefly saw him when first released, but it was pretty obvious that he paled in comparison to Nasus and didn't really bring much to the table in terms of Tanky DPS that wasn't already covered by others. Also his cooldowns were insane, meaning he needed to build CDR in order to become properly effective which ultimately slightly gimped either his tanky-ness or his damage. I know Riot reduced some of his cooldowns slightly but the only time i've seen him since has been in 2 Ranked games, one time where we got stomped by him and another time where we stomped him... overall not very conclusive.

And on another side note, anyone seen the Champion Spotlight for the new champion Nocturne? He looks like he'd be pretty overpowered just due to his Ultimate (makes it so you have no allied vision - that's Champions, Towers, Minions, Wards etc.) It seems like he was designed to be able to completely shut down an enemy ranged carry, especially those that rely heavily on kiting and skill shots.

9. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

Pfft Seth,

Q Detonate, Time your E and get a detonate. Especially effective when you have a sheen!

10. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Since they added the buff that R ignites your passive and refreshes, it's much better to have that doing the damage over an AA. Then throw in the last AA to detonate the one placed on by your Ult :p.

11. b0ng0

b0ng0 Reddomitlum

Yeah he looks quite overpowered initially. I really like the idea of his ultimate though, quite unique and potentially devastating for picking off stray heroes. Does it definitely remove all allied sight or is it just allied champ's sight?

12. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

It's definitely unique , i mean there's complaints that it's copied from some DotA hero, but then again, this isn't DotA.

And after rewatching the video, Phreak specifically says that the Champion has to rely on their own vision, no turrets, minions or champion vision.

13. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Haven't looked up the LoL champion at all, but based on what you've said it seems to be exactly like the DotA character and, by extension, the HoN character which copies it: The Dark Lady. Never played DotA (read up on characters), but based on The Dark Lady it's not so bad. I'm assuming it behaves similarly to her's: target an area on the map, all in the area are put under the effect.

On the recieving end it's quite disorienting. TDL's implementation (assuming Nocturne will do the same) also reduces the champion's vision radius so everything around you goes dark except your immediate vicinity, a little outside melee range. Using it on ranged is a good idea because it'll prevent auto-attacks and targetted abilities outside the vision range allowed by the ult, but it can used on any character you'd simply like to stay away from. Offensively, it's a perfect initiation tool. Blind your enemies right at the start then run in, they won't know where you've come from so they can't guess as easily with skill shots and are more likely to be unable to target each other with beneficial skills.

Out of curiosity, have you heard about Nocturne's other skills? See if it's similar in other regards.

14. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Aha, a point of difference already ;). The ultimate is targeted on a single champion (not an area). I don't believe it reduces vision radius of the target either so it's probably best used in the jungle or if there's a corner or something obstructing line of site.

Here's the ability list:

I think the Q is rather unique as well, adding a Ghost effect in a line and those hit to leave a trail as well.

W isn't really that special IMO although there's a lack of a spell shield in the game bar say, Sivir's, Morgana's or Banshee's.

E is nice in its implementation/context since there's not many Fears in the game (Fiddle and Shaco are the only ones i believe).

R has been covered above.

Passive just seems meh... it's like it was designed to help him jungle.

15. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

EDIT: Just looked at the HoN site.

There's not much in common between the two as it seems that The Dark Lady has more CC and is designed to control enemies (Silence and Slow with her Q and W) and her R is designed to be used against a team to induce confusion and catch uncoordinated teams out.

Nocturne's ability set makes him seem more like an Assassin, singling out a target, killing them then getting out leaving their team to mop up (He has a long range distance closer with his R, his Q helps him chase, W is for countering any CC whilst chasing and E is CC to keep the target still there).

Also since we've briefly dipped into the subject of HoN... i checked out the featured Champion Spotlight for "Valkyrie"... could you explain why sometimes she's riding a mount and sometimes she's not? I didn't see anything of a mount mentioned in her abilities, nor was it explained in the video.

16. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Yeah, definitely different from The Dark Lady. She's typically considered a carry, her attack modifying abilities help her scale quite well, but does have quite the tools available compared to your typical auto-attack carry.

Again pulling in some HoN, Nocturne's Duskbringer sounds a lot like an ability HoN's Sandwraith has (likely also from a DotA character, not sure off the top of my head). Not blaming or pointing fingers, just looking at similarities. Sandwraith can go up cliffs and through trees with his, Nocturne doesn't sound like he can.

The Valkyrie differences are due to a skin. Similar to LoL, you can buy them with in game coins, they just happen to be a little more drastic than LoL. One character goes from walking to riding a cannon, another from being a humanoid to a scorpion, one from a humanoid to a grim reaper on a horse and Valkyrie from walking to riding a tiger, along with some other minor clothing changes on others. Many often come with voices changes as well, but none of them impact gameplay behaviour.

17. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Wow this is even more stupid than i thought.

I originally believed that Nocturne's Ult was targetted, so he'd choose a single champion who'd be denied Allied vision etc.

Except it's actually global denying and then he can "port"/travel to one of the targets. It's a rather gimmicky experience in that you really do just go "wtf just happened guys, where are you" and have to coordinate etc.

Also an annoying thing is that because they have to incorporate the ability to let your teammates know when you're Ult'ing so if an allied Nocturne uses his Ult, the screen dims and greys out slightly which can be rather frustrating. I believe it might even be similar to when you die except you obviously retain control of your char, i say "believe" since usually i'm in the middle of a teamfight when it happens and i'm too bothered with killing someone than to check the similarity :p.

+ On a side note, just had a game as Annie where the entire enemy team (bar Kat) got a Banshee's... damn that was annoying.

18. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

- Double Post. Can't see how to delete :S.

Last edited: 16 Mar 2011
  19. b0ng0

b0ng0 Reddomitlum

One element they actually had in DotA which they don't have in LoL (and I think adds a nice touch) is day/night cycles. This can be used in conjunction with heroes powers - there is a vampire-assassin character from DotA who is pretty useless during the day but at night he becomes an absolute machine. Just rememered that :p

20. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

What IP is she Seth?