Bliss Unleashed..Article on the way!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by daydreamingknight, 8 Oct 2002.

1. daydreamingknight

daydreamingknight What's a Dremel?

Thank you!

I was unable to get the camera last week but have a borrowed one. I've spent the last two hours taking pics and trying to figure out the camera. I'm adding the latest pics, I'll do this in several posts.. to start, the side.

For the pics I removed the outside protective layer on the acryllic, but left the inside layer on, so you won't be able to see into the case side or top...

Starting with:

[​IMG]

More posts to come...

DDK

2. daydreamingknight

Jezz... I posted one pic and my internet went out... back to more pics!

Every panel except the bottom has been painted..two coats of metal flake silver.. I will re-do them all with the bottom right before everything is done.

Side/rear:

[​IMG]

Sorry about the oddball sizing of some of the picks...:D

Biggum pic...Dont mind the double sided tape on the LCD bracket, I was using it to get measurements for the rest of the acrylic bezel...needed a way to temp attach a section..

[​IMG]

What the guts look like right now...I'm using and old power supply, the lower half of the drive cages will be covered... I made a drive cage out of grey acrylic...just didn't get a pic of it:

[​IMG]

Can't wait to polish the inside!

More coming...

DDK

Last edited: 20 Apr 2003
  3. daydreamingknight

The camera I was able to use is a Digimax 200.. I had an extremely difficult time in getting darker/night shots, but I will add the best shots.

This is the lighted floppy(Door removed). I did end up making a acrylic door for it. I painted the top inside of the top with chrome paint in hopes it would reflect more light outward:

[​IMG]

I discovered yesterday that I have a led out in the top front fan.:sigh: None of the fans themselves were running in these pics, only the leds were on, were are wired to the switch above the floppy.

Most of this front bezel is not secured yet as I'm still working on it.

A front upper shot of the leds I put in the top bezel. Again, it was very hard to get any 'dark' shots, but trust me it does shine down the front of the case very well:)

[​IMG]

More coming unless someone tells me to stop...:D:lol::D

DDK

4. daydreamingknight

Up the front bezel..looks like a reflection (from camera flash) on the tint of the top 4 leds...?

[​IMG]

A shot of the rheobus knobs and power/reset switches:

[​IMG]

I have the section from the rheobus down pretty much done. Next step is getting the stealthed drives and LCD cover done:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still more coming....:D

Weee:clap: :clap: isn't this FUN!!

DDK

5. daydreamingknight

I'm still debating on how to 'label' the rheobus LEDs. No "DOT" for me! I've been testing a few things in the same fashion as the vu meter... maybe someone boring like a graphic "Fan 1"--"Fan 2".. maybe "Front Fan 1" etc....experimenting as usual..:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The LEDs look blurred due to the protective covering still on the backside. Yeah, a little dusty too..

A dark room shot of it lit up. Notice all the dam wires on the mobo side, labeled so I know where the hell they go:) End result they will be trimmed up and neatly arranged...hopefully...:)

[​IMG]

DDK

6. daydreamingknight

This is the BEST DARK shot I could take..no lights, just the case LEDs:

[​IMG]

The green light to the left of the case is the stove clock...lol

Hope noone is bored, its rare I get a good camera, please bear with me and my mega posting of pics...

The fan LEDS off:

[​IMG]

And on:

[​IMG]

Just another shot, cause I can...lol...:

[​IMG]

Last one...ha!..CLOSEUP!!

[​IMG]

I guess that's enough.. Thanks for letting me share so many pics!!

What do you guys think of it so far???

Take care

DDK

EDIT: BTW, NONE of the acrylic is attached, so if it looks like the acrylic is not sitting flush with the panels is becasue it's only temp held on...

Last edited: 20 Apr 2003
  7. Green Soda

Green Soda What's a Dremel?

I guess im the first one to congrat you on your pics!!:clap: :clap:

It looks really sexy!!! I love that case! Your avatar looks nice also. I know this isn't the look your going for at all, but you should tint the windows (top and sides) like Macroman did in his "macroblack" case so it looks like the way it does now. I really like that combo of black and silver! It kinda gets rid of the window, but it looks really sharp!!

8. ouija

ouija Trust me, I am doctor!

The case looks better than I've ever seen it because of that nice cam :D

It's looking really cool :baby:

9. daydreamingknight

Thanks for the nice comments guys. I didn't get around to hooking up the vu meter to the currnet comp so I don't have any pics of it lit.. maybe next time...

I tell you though, it felt SO GOOD to use a good camera:)...

Made me on happy camper!

Take care

DDK

10. Jack

Jack Minimodder

I really like this mod :clap: :clap: it looks just like it was ment to be there!

As for the rest matey:thumb: The design in the end of the day is down to you and what you like!, but from the new high res pics all mods are done with a very nice finish and with good attention to detail, It would take pride on my computer desk anyway:)

The only thing im gonna say and im sure you have already thought of this is sort the back of the PSU out, get rid of that grill:)

As for the rheobus labels is that black plexi? or painted plexi?
    If painted why not do the macroblack sign that macroman did
    [​IMG]

Great post mate good pics

11. daydreamingknight

I need help with the led graphics!! PLEASE!!

This is what I want. For only text to be seen(lighted) when the led is on. I have been messing around with PS and can't seem to get what I want. One problem is the text DOES light up, but so does the surrounding area... It's not dark enough! My printer is nothing fancy..I'm not getting a SOLID color for the background.

I know I could paint the back of the acrylic, that would give me a nice solid black background..but how do I get the clear letters/numbers I want? I figure some sort of stick on lettering, which would have to stick on the front on the letter rather than the back like normal..

I guess I could whip up what graphics I need and take it to a printing company, they should be able to not only get clear letters/numbers but the SOLID BLACK background as well..

Any suggestions??

Thanks

DDK

Old PSU, it wont be used.. I'll probably get a Antec 480....

12. Jack

Jack Minimodder

Well myself id go to a printing company they shouldn't charge that much money for this i mean you are barely gonna need it an inch squared x4 go for the printing company mate

13. daydreamingknight

I think I will try the printing company route... So when I go to save the graphic, what would be best to save them as>?? jpg??

Also, if I want the printing company to print a solid background but CLEAR/TRANSPARENT lettering, how do I do that.. I can't figure out how to do transparent lettering...lol:wallbash:

:)

DDK

14. Jack

Jack Minimodder

Well ive never had to (yet) take something to the printers:)

But try a place that does print's on cars they normally have to use a clear film and print on that??? not sure though

But im sure its worth asking as they do something

15. zackerouac

zackerouac bring it

yes, save them as jpegs or whatever the printer specifies, it tends to vary. to get a transparent background, make the colors of the letters white. that lets the printer know theyre the same color as the stock hes printing on. hope this helped :D :thumb:

16. Altron

Altron Minimodder

I think some bitmaps might work better, j-pegs seem to blurr with small images. Or at least on my computer when I save it as a jpg it gets noticeablly blurrier.

17. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

Yeah, Bitmap or tiffis good, you want a low-loss format if you want it to look good.

The case, bty, is looking awesome! You need to get ahold of a good camera more often :D

18. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

Do you know what transmision precentage that plexi is?
    (The amount of light it lets through)
    For example I bought 5% transmition window tint for use in my media PC, but it's seem almost too dark for me.

19. daydreamingknight

Thanks for the graphic advice everyone. You are not kidding when you say I need a better camera! I wish I could, but SOMETHING always prevents me from getting one. I was asked to write an article on this case, but without good pics thruout the process it just seems like a cheap mod job to me.

Nothing sucks more than wanting to show off your hard work and not being able to have good pics. I'll call around today and see what I can find out about getting the graphics printed up.

Take care guys

DDK

20. daydreamingknight

WOo, the great ZAP responds in my thread..I'm honored!

I would guess it's close to that. I just checked usplastics website and didn't see a given no#, just lists it as low level light transmission. For what I wanted it perfect. Are you thinking about getting some of the grey acrylic?

DDK

Keep in mind the only part of my case that has both sides of the protective covering removed is the lower front fan section.

Last edited: 21 Apr 2003