1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Bummed by an E-Tailer :(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Thermal5, 10 Sep 2009.

1. Hoffs

Hoffs Seek

I too ordered a GD80 from overclockers. But they overordered on the GD80's so I got a phone call the next day saying if I'd like to swap it for a guaranteed GD65 at the GD65 promo price so I agreed. They said they were waiting for a new batch of stock and that it would come in Monday/Tuesday of this week. I sent them an email earlier and they again said that as soon as a batch of boards come in, one is being sent to me.

I think although overclockers have had a lot of bad rep from forums and people but the way they handled this seems to be better than what ebuyer did to the OP

Good luck on your quest to get your board

2. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

i agree i was following the OCuk forum at the time of the offer and the mods there seemed like genuine nice guys and doing their best to keep everyone happy

they have gone up in my opinion

3. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

I still havent had a reply from ebuyer, im going to give them till the end of the day before contacting them, and tomorrow i will be contacting them in the morning giving them till the end of the day tomorrow to respond and then im going to the next step.

Ive never been ignored by ANY etailer (even overclockers) its just bad customer service, simples

4. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

They still suck in my opinion, I doubt they've got better overnight and people are still without the products they've paid for. The mods on the OCUK forums are just self-appointed despots, deleting any posts that criticise the company in any way, even if it's a perfectly valid complaint (and, let's face it, they must get a lot of them), or even think about mentioning potential rival retailers.

I don't think they're ignoring you, I would imagine they're holding off from replying while they talk to their lawyers to see whether they can get out of fulfilling your order or not, as I suspect they've had quite a few complaints about this given that there's several on this forum alone.

5. somak

somak Pin compatible

Hi all,

I'm stuck in the same boat with ebuyer. I just got a reply to my enote asking wtf happened to my board and received this weak reply.

In addition, due to the fact I payed using google checkout, they say they are cancelling my entire order :eeek:

6. Thermal5

Thermal5 R.I.P

This happened to me over on the ebuyer forum, any post criticising the company in any way even though I had a genuine complaint, they deleted my post then pm'd me about it saying it broke forum rules even though I didn't use any bad language whatsoever I was just getting my point across!!

7. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Yeah, I guess most retailers who have open forums have similar rules TBH.

I would think that falls under this rule:

8. Thermal5

Thermal5 R.I.P

I didn't criticise the company, I just commented on how they treated customers regarding this particular offer, they obviously took that as criticising ;).

And to be honest it's a stupid rule, what happened to free speech and letting them know how crap they were, whether it was on there forum or not they need to grow a backbone and accept they f*cked up like other Etailers :)

9. somak

somak Pin compatible

More emails from ebuyer...

Now they have shipped the rest of my order, even though last Thursday I sent them an enote telling them if they're not going to send me the motherboard, not to bother shipping any of it and cancel my order.

And they have issued me with a £48.44 refund for the £63 motherboard i paid for :jawdrop:

10. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

WTF?????

Keep us updated on this one mate!

11. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

If thats what I think it is then you have been shafted big time.. that would appear to be a £25 "re-stocking" fee... If this is the case then ring then and inform them that you have spoken to trading standards and your bank and that the matter if not dealt with by ebuyer, it will result in legal action as the mistake is one of their own as admitted to by the email they sent to regarding a "stock error". They will buckle under the pressure with this and refund you. Tell them you also want compensation etc and that if they dont sort you out even if it is a letter of apology you will smear their name over sites such as bit-tech etc with screen shot after screen shot of the mess that they have dumped you on. Many others will then in turn write about their experiences with similar issues and as a result ebuyers reputation will be hurt significantly enough in loss of potential sales that doing what you asked them to do in the first place would have saved them the grief that you have brought upon them.

Andy

12. somak

somak Pin compatible

titanium angel, What day did you pull that off their T&Cs? It's noticeably missing from their current T&Cs

I'll be sending them an enote in the morning and I need some ammunition.

13. 13eightyfour

I took the screenshot on the 14th, incase they changed it.

I found it in there enote system (which sucks by the way) website questions, view terms and conditions of sale.

I got an email last night saying my order had been cancelled because

• i cancelled it
    • or the product has been discontinued

now i didnt cancel it and they've already eamailed me saying it will be comming back in if i want to pay full price.

So its all lies, and now ive got to the stage where i dont care how much it costs but im not giving up they ARE in the wrong here!

14. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

I think it's getting to the point where people affected need to get together and gather evidence against ebuyer and provide this to trading standards. If multiple people complain to trading standards and there is evidence (such as screen shots of T&C and bank accounts) then you should have a strong case.

If trading standards can intervene then this is news that bit-tech can put on the front page.

15. somak

somak Pin compatible

The latest enote I received from ebuyer , which I received 6 days after my initial enote (so much for their "We are currently replying to all queries within 2 business days"), was

So they seem to be treating it as if the item is out of stock. Surely normal practice for an etailer would be to offer to remove it from your order, or let you wait for it to come back in stock, no?

I've replied to them with this:

And I'm hoping I won't need to wait another week for a reply :rolleyes:

16. somak

somak Pin compatible

Wow, got a fast reply there...

Just to keep everyone updated:

I don't feel I've gotten beyond template responses which doesn't reassure me that they care about me as a customer. I've replied with the following:

17. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Jesus disgusting stuff from ebuyer there :jawdrop:

18. somak

somak Pin compatible

They seem to be refusing to back down...

Any advice?

19. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Their e-note system sucks and appears to be operated by a pack of well trained monkeys.

Have you tried calling them so they have less room to back down and can't just offer you canned responses? You may have to repeat the situation to several different people, but at least you stand a better chance of a resolution than using the e-notes. Just remember to reiterate your intention to involve Trading Standards as the company is in clear breach of consumer protection legislation.

At least that's what I would be doing if they had charged my account...

20. 13eightyfour

It may have been to your favour if you hadnt have told them about not fully refunding you.

Ive contacted trading standards and they are looking at it for me, ive supplied all the information i have (emails, screenshots, etc..) i waiting to hear back from them.

I would suggest contacting TS and explaining the situation, dont leave anything out and try and get them on your side, I dont know what happens if you have a case but have been fully refunded, As i am yet to recieve my money back.

Ill try to keep everyone posted, but im waiting to hear what options i have.