1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Bummed by an E-Tailer :(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Thermal5, 10 Sep 2009.

1. somak

somak Pin compatible

Well, it's not as if I asked them for the full refund. I was merely informing them of my situation. And it doesn't make up for the fact that they breached their own T&Cs by not giving me options and a 14 day decision period. They just made the choice on my behalf by removing the item and shiping the rest of my order. I'll be soon receiving an i5 that is useless to me :rolleyes:

With regard to calling them, I don't feel I should have to waste even more of my money on these jokers by making an international call on my mobile.

titanium angel, could you give me the relevant link or email address for the Trading Standards agency?

2. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

I use ebuyer quite a lot and have never had any problems, however I can guarantee I will NEVER buy from them again solely due to the way they have been treating several people concerning this offer. I probably average about £250 a year of sales on ebuyer and they can now kiss future sales goodbye. Im sure I wont be alone in boycotting this retailer.

3. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Theres pretty much a trading standards office in every major town or city, enter your postcodeHERE and it'll give you the phone number, for both the office and the consumer advice line

4. somak

somak Pin compatible

Last edited: 17 Sep 2009
  5. 13eightyfour

The telephone numbers are both the same in the link i posted and your link. give 'em a call. Make sure you've written everything down so you dont forget anything.

6. somak

somak Pin compatible

I was planning on emailing them. Same issue with making an international call from mobile phone...

7. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

You certainly won't be the only one - I'm not going anywhere near them after this debacle. I can understand the initial problems, but the time to resolve it has long since passed, and fobbing people off with this kind of stuff is totally stupid.

It would've been much cheaper for them to honour the extra orders that they took *and billed for*with the full-priced ones.

8. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

i'm adding them to my *don't use because they're not very good* list. i build 5-10 systems a year. average about £3-4k.

9. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Or you could try this.

I'll be avoiding ebuyer from now on as well. I still prefer novatech for customer service and Scan for cheaper prices and product range.

10. somak

somak Pin compatible

I've sent emails via both websites contact pages. Here's hoping they can help me and others dealing with ebuyer.

Thanks for all the support so far guys :thumb:

11. Sir Digby

Sir Digby The Supprising Adventures

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There's my stuff, and to think that I paid extra to get Saturday delivery so I wouldn't have any hassle with it :wallbash:

12. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Wow, and I thought other companies had ballsed this offer up. Ebuyer is on the list with OcUK now as a shop to never, ever, buy from. Shame.

13. Jokaz

Jokaz What's a Dremel?

I'll be taking my £1000+ rebuild elsewhere too - looks like scan will be getting my order now

14. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Someone should link this thread to whoever's in charge of their CS department (or the company for that matter). Shame the only way to contact them is through the monkeys on the other end of the e-note system :duh:

15. 13eightyfour

The enote system is quite possibly the worst customer service system ive ever used tbh.

While im annoyed at the whole thing im not quite in the same boat as others here, as i only ordered the board and was going to order the cpu and ram when it arrived. I feel sorry for those that ordered everything in 1 go and now have the beginnings of a great system only to be let down by not having a motherboard, even though they bought and paid for it.

I can understand them taking the stance they've taken with me (even though its wrong) as i only ordered the board. But i cant understand them not honouring those that ordered a full system.

I would have thought the majority wouldnt be buying parts that we do, so customers buying mid-high end products should be valued, as we upgrade more regular than your average person.

They had an opportunity to potentially gain a lot of business, instead there probably going to lose more than it would have cost to sort out, because im sure if they'd have held there hands up and said ' OK we made a mistake, we apologise, those that have paid will get a board from the next shipment' Then this thread would be OMGEBUYERFTW instead of EBUYERSUX.

16. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

it's never beneficial to bite the early adaptor hand that feeds you. they have the bigger e-penis and like to "SHOUT" about it.

17. Sir Digby

Sir Digby The Supprising Adventures

I agree totally, had they sorted out the problem well they would of lost some money but they'd certainly of become my shop of choice.

After actually getting a reply and even a conversation on the eNote system they've told me that I'll have to order the motherboard again when they have more stock and that I'll have to pay the full price of the motherboard at that time.

Time to start contacting Trading standards.

18. psychoti

psychoti What's a Dremel?

OcUK told me to wait till next week-for one more time..
    they also told me that its MSI's fault that didn't supplied them with the right amount of boards..
    and 50 more people are still waiting for the boards!
    anyway, i hope i get it this time..

19. somak

somak Pin compatible

A member of ebuyer staff has posted this on their own forums:

20. 13eightyfour

OK ive had some news back from TS and it seems we do have a case

I explained everything to them making sure i didnt leave anything out, and the do seem to think im well within my rights, I will be sending my letter shortly, and would advise others in the same boat to do the same.