1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chimps progress

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Christopher N. Lew, 8 May 2009.

1. ArthurBuse

ArthurBuse CustomBitChimps member

We are doing about 400k points per day. This is still week 1 of the challenge. Only one team has finished.
    While it would be a safe bet that we will stay in last place, it is a bit early to talk of us not finishing at all.

I personally think towards the end of the month the CPChimps team should have a think about it.
    The captains of the 8 teams would also be able to have a little chat amongst themselves.

Sorry about the gloom, Gr8racr. Who do you think will finish in third place? ;)

Edit. My avatar is just showing my support for the team, I am just a humble member.
    My avatar just looks like Saspro, that's all.

It took me so long to write this, Gr8racr has wandered off back to OverclockNet.

To all those on various other Chimp forums (you know who you are) thinking of giving us a shove,
    what if you shove too hard and we finish third? Other teams would gang up on you next year. <grin>

T32monkeys (overclockers.com) have just taken third place from maximum_monkey (Maximum PC).

There is now a special page for the challenge on the Extremeoverclocking stats site
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/chimp_challenge_2009.php

Last edited: 12 May 2009
  2. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

Yes, it looks as if T32monkeys have pushed up their rate, and that OCNchimpin have slowed down. Is there some connection?

Now that's interesting. OCNChimpin get a much higher points/WU than anybody else, and we get below average. I'm guessing that there must be high scoring WU that run only on more extreme hardware.
    Anyone know what?

3. uncle_fungus

uncle_fungus P/T Folding@home developer

I suspect that's because their corporate folder was folding SMP WUs which are all worth ~2000 points each.

4. Christopher N. Lew

Ah, right. I expect they also have a lot of overclocked Core i7s running SMP.

5. saspro

saspro IT monkey

I'd guess servers running 2x quad Xeons

6. ArthurBuse

I don't think so. A quick look at the full graph at http://clintdavis.us/chimp_challenge_2009/full.php
    shows they had more than half caught them up by the time OCNchimpin finished. Looks like
    maximum_monkey slowed slightly after five days then T32monkeys accelerated slightly a
    couple of days ago.

Edit: Latest News

They think it's all over!
    TSCh!mps are ramping down!

EVGApes will finish in second place around midnight our time. Nice work, Apes.

update 25 May: TSCh!mps soon realised their error and ramped up again.
    They are now closing on the Australian team, but are not likely to catch them in time.

Last edited: 25 May 2009
  7. ArthurBuse

8. phoenicis

phoenicis Retired Chimp

Your sacrifice will long be remembered Arthur :thumb:

Judging by the last update it looks like the Russians have woken up to the fact that there's still a race on.

9. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Now the big question is where did 100k points disappear yesterday.

Check your farms people yesterday was patch tuesday.

10. phoenicis

phoenicis Retired Chimp

Appears to have been a Stats issue. Our last update was 168K.

11. Taffy

Taffy Folding for Margaret 17/3/2011 RIP

Just replacing lost signature ( I hope):D

12. themcman1

themcman1 is now 110% win

Every little helps?

*Arrives from OC3D*

I'll help you out for a little bit. 9600GSO on part time and I can probably get my PS3 on full time.

Might get some old things folding as well :thumb:

13. ArthurBuse

9pm Wednesday - Team [H]ardApe has just been overtaken by the Australian team.

[​IMG]

Midnight: The Russian team TSCh!mps is picking up speed again. Not only computer wizards, they are acrobats!

Last edited: 14 May 2009
  14. Christopher N. Lew

5,000,000 points and counting ...

:clap: We passed the 5 million points mark sometime last night.

[H]ardApe and TSCh!mp are battling it out for sixth and seventh place, both with an ETL of 11 days. Can we reach 10 million in that time?

15. saspro

saspro IT monkey

We should be able to hit 10 million in the 11 days.
    I've got some machines to reconfigure. Looks like one of my remote farms went down, luckily someone replace the HDD's for me and restored from an image backup but without logmein and under my old username.
    I've got to try and drive over to get them back to CPChimps

16. ArthurBuse

Maximum_monkey, the Maximum PC team, finished in 4th place at midnight our time. Congratulations to them.

While we had a low day for points scored yesterday, it was a high one for work units completed. The same number of units as the day before. Only twice have we done more units than that, if you don't count the day when a the stats moved a load from 13-5-09 to the day after.

The other teams had two days of decline, so I think Stanford has something to do with it. Our main team has the same 4 day decline in points, so it is not caused by folders changing back to their own names.

One of the other 4 teams still in the race is in difficulties. Many are changing back to fold under their own names and their forum has arguments about wether they should have continued after OCN had won the race.

The Russians continue as strong as ever. They have overtaken [H]ardApes and have the Australians worried.

In a fortnight, a few hours after we reach 9 million, we overtake Saspro :)

Update: The extremeoverclock stats were zero at 6pm our time, but the Stanford stats say 78k.
    Thanks, new members and old.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 21 May 2009
  17. Christopher N. Lew

:clap::clap: Now passed 6,000,000 points, despite all the server problems at Stanford :clap::clap:

I suspect our newcomers contributed to the increase in production, so thank you all

18. Christopher N. Lew

:clap::clap: And now 7,000,000 :clap::clap:

19. phoenicis

phoenicis Retired Chimp

We do appear to be getting back up to ramming speed now that the Stanford server issues have abated.

Whether you've been chimping from the beginning or have only recently started monkeying around, a great big well done to everyone :thumb:

ps Trust all your electrical problems are now resolved Christopher.

20. Christopher N. Lew

Thanks for asking - if I said anything it would only tempt fate!!