1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chimps progress

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Christopher N. Lew, 8 May 2009.

1. iCiT

iCiT What's a Dremel?

May I be so bold as to correct your misconception.

TSCh!mp have us slightly concerned, not :worried:

If they hadn't mistakenly thought the race was over, we would probably be behind them now. :blush:

Donning the asbestos undies now.......:D

I have read the comments about previous offers of assistance, but just want to double check your thoughts due to [H]ardape's meltdown.

Is that "stiff upper lip" going to get you to 20 million?

My stats have only been flat-lined for 20 days and I'm getting twitchy.

If the answer is still a resounding "No!", we'll be there to cheer you across the line. :clap:

2. ArthurBuse

ArthurBuse CustomBitChimps member

We have not discussed it. I think we are all backing our team leader, Saspro, in whatever he decides.
    Personally, I have decided to keep on as long as there are enough of us left.

As you know, until recently, it looked the race would be decided by the end of May. We might have chosen
    to stop then, or to continue. Now, as Master Yoda would say, "hard to predict the future is". Will [H]ardApe
    stay down as we crawl past? If we get just past them and stop, they could start up again at any time this
    year, unless the race is declared over.

[H]ardApe 11,300,863
    CPChimps 7,417,996

That is what the extremeoverclockers stats say at the moment. I think our chimp will limp 4 million
    in 12 days. Fingers crossed.

I can't see any point is us getting shoved by another team. I am proud of our 300 Spartans style
    determination to carry on even though we can't win. Just imagine, as long as the Chimp Challenge
    continues, there will be arguments about who earned the Monkey Paw in 2009. :)

Edit: Today is a public holiday here. I don't speak for anyone but myself. Please wait for an answer
    from someone in authority. If we are to accept the Paw, you guys still have it, right? :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 25 May 2009
  3. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

Sorry people not been paying much attention recently to the Chimps Challenge due to having problems with me kit and just being silly busy :(

Just been catching up on the threads now and realise it has been won but would a 35k-ish ppd injection from me help at all? I will swap my main rig over tomorrow once I got it working again if you think it will help us keep good face :)

Sorry I wasn't in it from the start but like I say my kit has been all over the shop and have bought some more hardware and only just about getting it stable until my main rig crashed yesterday and I cant touch it until I get to work tomorrow lol

4. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

Hi Coolamaster,
    Yes, all help from established CPC folders is welcome.

Perhaps we should form a sub-team for those who are having problems with their kit :D

5. phoenicis

phoenicis Retired Chimp

Don't worry about being late, it's great to have you aboard coolamasta. 35K ppd will be a great boost to the team:thumb:

p.s. Like your avatar Arthur. Is it OK if other Chimps use it?

6. ArthurBuse

You can all have the avatar. It might help the bit-tech server if you all use this copy
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/zath.ras/pic/chimp.gif

Welcome coolamasta. There are half a dozen Australians on forums.overclockers.com.au
    who want to sneek onto our folding team, so I will have to check your nationality. I am going to
    throw this cricket ball to you, and if you can't catch it, you are British. :)

Youtube Monkey v Tigers

7. coolamasta

LOL that was quite funny :lol:

Yes mate I can assure you im British, from Brizzol actually moi babber lol

OK will transfer over my main rig tomorrow then assuming the dammed thing aint actually blown up at work lol

And ive nicked your chimp avatar too mate, its cool :rock:

8. iCiT

iCiT What's a Dremel?

As you have surmised, our offer wasn't designed to manipulate the race. With the [H]orde appearing to throw in the towel, it would seem that you have another 30 days to complete the race. :eeek:

OCAU is the proud owner of the dreaded "Monkeys Paw" which we won all by our selves. :hehe:

You might need to revise the "Nationality Test" though. I'm from NZ and so there is probably a reasonable chance that I could pass the test! :duh:

9. ArthurBuse

I speak only for myself. I better stay out of Saspro's way for a while.

If we do the 30 days slog on our own then I don't see how any reasonable person could say
    we did not finish in 7th place. If we get helped by another team or we stop after we overtake
    them then there is room for argument.

I note that [H]ardApe are claiming 5th place, as that is where they were when they stopped.
    If we eventually claim to have finished in 7th place, I don't know who you are going to give
    the Paw to.

Whichever way it turns out, thanks to dsquad, mitsimonsta, derb, trevor68 and others for
    thinking well of us. There was a guy on another team trying to tell our Uncle_Fungus
    that we should have quit weeks ago.

10. iCiT

iCiT What's a Dremel?

Personally I think the "Paw" needs to be earned by completing the challenge. Otherwise next year we could say that they we are entering and not produce any points, just to "win" it back. :D

Probably from the [H] :thumb:

Fold on. :clap:

11. saspro

saspro IT monkey

I'm open to suggestions but personally I think we should see it to the end if we can.
    We've done well with the little notice we've had and it's shaken up the producers charts a bit. Hopefully this will encourage people a bit as they'll see themselves in the charts printed in the mag. It'll then bring around a bit more competition when we finish and all fight for the top 20 places again.

12. coolamasta

Right just moved over a good 30k PPD to CPChimps :) hope it helps just sorry I wasn't on board from day day 1 dammed hardware!!!

13. uncle_fungus

uncle_fungus P/T Folding@home developer

14. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Happily the problems that I was having with my rigs have ben mostly fixed now and I am contributing between 16 and 20 thousand PPD to CPChimps again. Some (a lot of) broken RAM and one broken motherboard were to blame for the fault :duh: such an expensive problem to fix. I've had to replace a total of 12GB of RAM for the moment, until I get the old 12GB tested. And my "great" gigabyte board that was holding rig #1 together so well doesnt like being moved apparently :eek: Thankfully I had a spare ;)

A big thanks to all the new contributors to CPChimps, it's great to have you all on board! I feel confident that if we continue the "300 spartan" like spirit that we have shown so far, we can take 7th place :D

15. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

:thumb:

16. ArthurBuse

Close to midnight on Tuesday 26 May 2009. The Australian team are near
    the finish and it seems the Russians are not going to catch them. The
    confusion over wether the race was over when overclock.net won has
    cost them a place. They can both be proud of the way they have raced.
    19,629,710 Australia
    18,375,026 Russia

9am 27 May update:
    20,065,879 Australia have finished 5th. Well done.

6pm 28 May update:
    20,061,034 Russia have finished 6th. Very good first year

[​IMG]

By the way, EOC have made some small changes to the way stats are presented http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/

Last edited: 28 May 2009
  17. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Congratulations to the two teams for their contribution and when they eventually finish in second and third place for doing so. Here's hoping that CPChimps can reach that magic 20M as soon as possible and maybe even not in last place ;) Keep up the good work guys, it seems that our production rate is well on it's way to a chimps challenge record high!

18. iCiT

iCiT What's a Dremel?

We (OCAU) have officially crossed the line taking the fifth spot with TSCh!mp hot on our heels.

Needless to say there is a lot of back :clap: ing going on down under.

It was jolly nice to have ArthurBuse and that grumpy Uncle ;) stop by for a visit, even if it was just to fling "poo".

Not tooooo long before you will join us on the Finisher's Podium.

I must admit that I am struggling with the idea of Thermopylae though. Are you sure it shouldn't be the Athenians and Marathon? :naughty:

19. uncle_fungus

uncle_fungus P/T Folding@home developer

Scandalous! ;) And I stop by more often than that...

20. iCiT

iCiT What's a Dremel?

Okay, okay. You stop by for a visit quite frequently. :hehe:

I did notice though that you didn't deny the bit about "poo" flinging. ;)