1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other CLOSED - Minecraft: YogCraft Server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Byron C, 9 Jul 2012.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I did notice a difference in the speed which quarries ran at when I used 512EU/t, instead of 32EU/t.... But I don't really know anything about the maths behind the conversion.

2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Apparently its a direct conversion, so 32EU/s = 32TPS, I think. But I also think most of the machine have a max rate they can accept ticks at too...

Edit: Do we need to allocate teleportation pipe frequencies to people too, as in will mine interfere with someone else's? As I'm about to start using mine shortly...

3. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

That was another question that I had. I guess we will have to find out the hard way?

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

The laws of thermodynamics are crying themselves to sleep at night; does Minecraft/Tekkit respect any part of physics at all?! :)

If you want to let me know the frequencies you're using, I'll add them to the OP.

5. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I'll be using 1-10 atleast (no one should use 0)

And IC2 does, someone simulated a real nuclear power station in it...

6. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

The energy link simply converts EU/t (IC2) -> MJ (BC). The exact ratio (yes, I looked it up, I know...) is 5/2. So for every 5 EU/t you put in, you get 2 MJ. Engine generators work at the same ratio (but the other way). A quarry wants 9 MJ/t to run at full speed. This means it will take ( 9 * 5 ) / 2 = 22.5 EU/t to run at full speed through an energy link.

7. TiggyCarr

TiggyCarr What's a Dremel?

Would really love to get on this server, my friends one recently shut down, and now I'm looking for a low profile one, this looks great, I just don't know if I can join seeing as I'm so new...

8. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Hokay, because i'm so kind; I've given the whole server a gift; Three DM pedestals with Clocks of flowing time on. Each one speeds up machines by 7%, So that's a 21% increase in speed over the whole server. Shouldn't break anything, save redstone-timed constructions, but means energy collectors will run a nice 20% faster.

You can stack DM pedestals up until you're at a 10x boost in speed.

Edit; With the assistance of Rob, giving me close to 32 Million EMC, I've upped the performance boost to 126%. All you people with energy collectors; Rejoice! Double speed for nothing!

Last edited: 14 Jul 2012
  9. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

And who owns the most energy collectors on the server....

EDIT: OK, just seen your setup, pretty even as it stands. I've been thinking of doing what you've done except on a much bigger scale.

Last edited: 14 Jul 2012
  10. .//TuNdRa

My setup is simply to generate enough EMC to keep me going. Hence the five energy condensers feeding into it. It's mostly a waiting game. I've since asked BLC, and been allowed Teleport Tethers to work with, so the chunks stay loaded. This way; I can eventually get it up to 1000% speed if I can continue the process.

11. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I not have 9 setups (12 collectors, 4 relays and a condensor) so I believe I'm 'winning'... :p

Edit: make that 12.5...

Last edited: 15 Jul 2012
  12. .//TuNdRa

Meh. I've got five setups, made of five collectors, one relay and a condenser, all producing Diamonds that feeds into a single Relay holding my Klienstar. It's a brilliant way to charge it.

I intend to take it up to fourteen of those setups soon.

13. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

We may have broken the server slightly, 1.6TPS and falling...

14. .//TuNdRa

Fixed it now, back up to 20 TPS.

As a small warning; if Me or Rob ever says anything about a "Supercollider" or "Making the Higgs Boson" just tell us no. Loudly. We broke the server attempting last time.

15. MrsFio

MrsFio THE Minecraft Woman

can't reach server..

It died around an hour ago or so (wasn't it, JR?)

16. Virus44

Virus44 What's a Dremel?

Can i join the server ?

17. Jaybles

Jaybles Minimodder

I want in. I want in. :D Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease can I have the details.

18. .//TuNdRa

Okay, server appears to have actually crashed, or otherwise ground to a halt, any attempts I make to join it just result in "End of Stream" messages. BLC: I think the best thing to do is take it down, restart it, see if it'll work. If not; It's possibly because something overloaded, either rob's Diamond factory, or one of the miners working away.

19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Hi all

I'll send the details round to those who have asked later today; I wont be home for most of the day. However there seems to be some pretty severe lag at the moment; immediately following a reboot, its only at 4TPS

I'll sort out what I can when I get home.

20. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I think it is probably the thing at rob's place. Seems like the issues started just as aI joined which would have been in that area.