1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other CLOSED - Minecraft: YogCraft Server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Byron C, 9 Jul 2012.

1. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

It's just occured to me; the issue is with robs design. He's got a load of diamonds feeding into a condenser making Red Matter; if that chest gets full; the pipe would back up. Crashes occur. Need to swap the condenser with a Relay, at least so it'll keep taking in diamonds, even when full.

Looks like the Dynmap is stuck, too. Keeps going from 22:10 to 22:50 and back again. I think we've broken it.

Jeez, I'm also now getting "Connection refused: Connect" errors, too.

2. Auxilliary

Auxilliary Crashes into space stations

The problem is, if it robs place causing the problem then how are we going to fix it because clearly we are not going be to log on (just like now)...

EDIT: Now the DynMap wont load...

3. .//TuNdRa

I'm not sure. If World-edit has Bukkit support; Open the map up, remove all the pipes and engines.

It'd be a pain in the ass, but it'd prevent the pipes from continously getting more and more filled with diamonds.

Failing that; simply remove the Teleport tethers. It'd unload the chunks, so we could log in, then fix the issue. Albeit while in extreme lag.

And DynMap just fell over, too. I think we've broken it, Rob. Next time; design a system where you can turn it off if it's full.

4. Auxilliary

I honestly dont know if it does or not, lets just hope it does...

the problem is will World-Edit know what the items are or will it just leave them out, I remember having that kind of problem before on the old server i played on when we were moving projects to a new world

5. .//TuNdRa

Exactly. We may have the issue that i'll just erase all the items. ALthough in theory; It should just ignore everything but the stuff we change.

Sadly it looks like the only external minecraft map editor that's even updated at the moment is "Avanti!", but i'm not sure if it has Tekkit support.

6. Auxilliary

Avanti! is apparently for unmodded minecraft only...

7. .//TuNdRa

Well crap. Apparently MCedit might have a release out that can work with all known mods and 1.2, but it's a 50/50 toss up. BLC; Give MCedit a shot, but back the world up beforehand, just in case everything goes horribly wrong.

8. Auxilliary

Just thinking I swear that I read about the teleport tethers is that they only work when there is at least one person the server?

9. .//TuNdRa

Yeah, but EC logged in earlier, and it apparently all went to pot then.

10. Auxilliary

Ah, Im guessing he was around robs place then, well that is if it indeed robs place that causing it to all go to pot.

11. .//TuNdRa

Well the other issue is that the site of the original crash is actually close enough to spawn that it never unloads, along with Pete's castle. So if one of his automated miners overloaded; that could cause an issue too.

The other thing that might cause it would be my place, but I'm not running anything near the capacity of rob, so it's unlikely that mine was the issue, considering it's eight tiny condensor flowers trying to charge a Klien Omega. Might be a combination of the three, however.

12. Auxilliary

Yeh, well lets just hope it is fixable otherwise we could be starting again...

13. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Fio and JR were on at the time though.

EDIT: Also, it still takes an hour for one stack of RM so I doubt it could have filled up this quickly.

14. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

Yes, MrsFio and I where on, and we played without any lags - until EC logged on, then everything went to a grinding halt. That's all I know..

15. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

Ah crap. I knew we shouldn't have done that Lofty/Tundra. It could only really go one way.

The only thing I know that could possibly cause it is another back up in the diamond rig. If there were two iron pipes feeding back to each other, that could cause the lag. As EC said - I doubt it is the condenser overflowing - RM simply takes too long to manufacture. And besides, if it were to overflow, all that would happen is a rather large pool of diamonds to form underneath, which although would cause lag, wouldn't crash an entire server. As proof of this, all I can say is: sand.

16. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

That very nearly crashed the server though...

17. Virus44

Virus44 What's a Dremel?

Could someone invite me to the server ?

18. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

Very nearly is the key word here :D

19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

As you may have noticed, we're having some issues with extreme lag; the server gets overloaded as soon as it loads. Once I get the issues resolved, I will be contacting people who have asked to join.

I'm going to try taking a copy of the server on to my PC and see if I can fire it up locally. That should allow me to find the issue, hopefully. If I can't boot it up on my PC... well, I'll jump off that bridge when I come to it!

20. Virus44

Virus44 What's a Dremel?

Ok then just pm whenever you've sorted out the lag :)