1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 COD+Console+Money = OMG!?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Da_Rude_Baboon, 21 Mar 2013.

1. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

I generally swear at my own poor performance than others... after my daughter was born, I have developred a fairly good swear replacement system in my head so I'm good at filtering :)

2. moose67

moose67 Minimodder

If they weren't there screaming like deranged mongtards they would probably be at home screaming at their Mums. Maybe it's for the best!

I'm going to give my PC a rather large hug today..............

3. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Never seen a room full of so many Virgins!

4. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

and people say that I rage hard on world of tanks...

oh wait I don't rage I simply 'disturb the peace' ^_^

Last edited: 21 Mar 2013
  5. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

BenQ have a lot of 'gamer' orientated screens so I imagine they contributed to the $1m :D.

I do think though, that its much better to watch that the SC2/LoL stuff, they take it far too seriously.

6. rollo

rollo Modder

PC gaming does not bring in the money that console gaming comps do these days.

Alot of Pro pc gamers had no choice but to head to the console market.

7. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

What he said.

8. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

maybe we should all start yelling like that at one another, it might make us better players...ahem

seriously tho, im not sure how they get away with yelling such crap, Microsoft ( and sony as well to a lesser extent ) are ment to be cracking down on stuff like that, yet here are the ''pros'' freely doing it

9. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Apparently the top prize in the worlds (teams of 4) is $400K, they're not playing for $1M.

Also it does stir the proverbial juices, not that they know what is happening to them, it's something I learned from talking with my motorsports friends. The difference with that is you can't allow yourself to get aggressive, or agitated. The mental target state being something with a soft calm combined, with an extreme focus of attention, whilst having you blood pumping like you're about to fight a lion bare handed. What the aim is, to grant yourself more time over your competitors, and remain in precise control of your limbs. Overdoing it or doping could negatively effect performance, with crashes or jitters.

Anyway these crude kids look like footballers, another race of cretinous tossers. I think it says something about the game when they feel the need to do something like that.

So that's the immature, what about the more mature:

10. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

lol I've seen PC 'pro' gamers exactly like this at LAN events. Kids can get very vocal when playing CS:S or COD4 on the PC.

11. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

I'd like to see the ESL's response but I can't find it on the eurogamers site after following the link in the video.
    Anyone know where to find it?

12. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Thinking about it some more, if you took away the computers it would almost look (and sound) like a freestyle rap battle. Either that or the taunting that goes on before any 'wrestling' match.

13. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

wow. This is very unprofessional and I am surprised they can find sponsors.

14. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

You don't know the true meaning of the word unsportsmanlike until you've played on XBL for a while.... Actually scratch the word while, go and find a multiplayer matchmaking game in Halo Reach and you'll have seen enough in the first 10 minutes to know what it's like. I have never seen an online gaming platform with more disgraceful, unsportsmanlike behaviour before, and I probably never will again.

Betraying a team mate for a power weapon 10 seconds into the game, destroying a team vehicle when they get to it before you, trash talking in lobbies, ripping the **** out of young kids (who, btw parents, should't even be playing the game) and so on and so on. It's the reason I try to play with friends all the time now. Mostly I'm in a party of 4 or more, usually a party of 7 or 8 in the 8v8 BTB (Big Team Battle) playlist. The only reason I have played Reach for the past 15 months is because I enjoy playing it with friends. Every game brings something different - sometimes we are winning by so much that we can mess around and have a laugh with each other, sometimes the game is so close (usually against other friends in an 8 player party!) that you could cut the tension with a knife, and I sit a few inches closer to the screen, grip the controller a little tighter and nobody speaks except to call enemy locations or discuss other game tactics. Then there are games that really get the adrenaline going, where teammates try to rack up as many points as possible with 'run & gun' gameplay, basically trying to get to the top of the team score board, and end up with multiple enemies coming from all over the map just to try and kill us :D

There are major extremes within XBL - parties like ours where there is so much fun most of the time with intense, tactical games mixed in and generally great banter, and then the other end of scale... clans like what you see in the video where it's just a massive swearing and shouting session all the time, with ridiculous amounts of testosterone and macho ********. The XBL friend parties I play on in Halo consist of both make and female gamers, all of whom are pretty mature - I don't think we have anyone under 18 at all. Some of the girls I play with could probably sit quietly and decimate many of the guys on those teams if they were playing the same game.

This particular collection of failures are not only a great example of some of the most unsportsmanlike gamers you could possibly come across, they're also the bottom of the barrel of the human race. You can tell by the way they talk to yell uncontrollably at each other that they're all complete yobs. Yes, I have seen a few like them playing CS:S at LANs, but I mean a few, and they were told to calm down and behave by event security if it got out of hand.

Yes, I get worked up when playing Reach sometimes, especially in the type of intense 8 player party vs 8 player party objective based game that I've mentioned, but this is just downright ridiculous.

[edit]

This is exactly the sort of atmosphere I've been talking about. This is what playing in the parties I play in is like most of the time. It was like this in CS:S when I played in a clan as well.

Last edited: 22 Mar 2013
  15. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

There's one word for this.

Pathetic.

Jesus, it's not possible to get that angry at a game which is designed for fun. Surely?

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I propose they make it more challenging. Every time their mic detects a swear word or raised voice they die.

I truly hope their sponsors abandon them after such a disgusting display of 'sportsmanship'. I will make damn sure this company never spends a penny on such people.

Fantus likes this.
  17. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Tbh I would rather support the dota2 competitive scene they are all incredibly professional in their approach and aren't effectively children howling obscenities at each other.

What really grinds my gears, its neither creative applications of swear words, decent quality trolling or even amusing to watch. Its like someone having a fight while in the middle of a dump. Its embarrassing for everyone involved.

18. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Whilst I've not had anything shouted down the mic at me I've certainly had unpleasant words in chat on PC as well, it's not as though PC gaming is some kind of haven :p

In every competitive e-sport you'll get things like this, DOTA/LOL are known for it, possibly not in the highest levels but certainly lower down.

19. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

I blame this guy for kicking off smack talk.

[​IMG]

We've never grown up since. :(

20. rollo

rollo Modder

Sponsors are after winners not good public figures.

And if you win one of these your setup for a while anyway. Even in the uk scene the money is good.

Also not alot of major sponsors out there no more. Outside of fatality there is very few players getting big cash. They might get travel expenses.