1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming CODPLOPS: A Cynical History Of COD

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 6 May 2012.

1. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

This has to do with the AAA title status. It's a safe investment. However most investors don't realize that over-investing is just as bad as investing not at all.

2. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

What i meant that Activision was pushing hard the Guitar Hero franchise when people bought them, but because of that the market got oversaturated and bored of it, and that meant lower sales and shelving the whole project when it was not profitable. COD is on similar path :
    [​IMG]

Releasing the same game with minor modifications every year for full game price is the best way to kill the franchise by milking it to death.

3. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Well I can't disagree there. I guess I'm just merely rationalizing why they have milked it.

4. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Well done for making one of the few posts in this thread which was actually worth reading! Couldn't agree more.

A few years ago "the idiot box" solely referred to the television, but I think we're now rapidly headed toward a situation in which the PC/Xbox/PS3 can be referred to with the same term.

As someone who's grown up gaming (since the age of 2, I'm told), I feel like gaming matured and improved with me, until about the year 2002-2003. Since then, the graphics have improved, and there have been a few really great titles, a good bunch of titles which are fun to play but not better than that, and an awfully huge amount of crap.

The games industry has now fully hollywoodised. The odd good thing comes out, with independent games developers in general being the only people to innovate or try new things, and the mainstream at best incrementally improving upon it's genre, and in general just standing still and looking prettier.

Tags: Add Tags