1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Crysis 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gunsmith, 5 Jun 2012.

1. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Well that was a most expected disappointment. Only played a couple of games but they were really short (<5 mins) and the map was tiny. Both the weapons and suit seem pretty much the same as Crysis 2 except the latter has some sort of auto-armour bull**** when you're under fire, which I'm sure is intended to further appease the plebeians who found even the dumbed down Crysis 2 Nanosuit hard to understand. The loads times are also horrendous, the gun textures were loading in a second or two after I had spawned, and there is no FOV adjustment so after 10 minutes of running around I was already beginning to feel nauseous.

And before you say it, yeah, I know it's only an alpha. But with only ~3 months before release I can't see the state of the game changing significantly.

2. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

They probably have several builds going, some more advanced than others. It depends on what it is they are trying to get out of the alpha.

Although, the bit about the dumbed down nano-suit sounds like a design decision which at this stage is usually finalised. They built such a good engine, it's a shame that they have to just churn out populist pap. Surely we have got to the stage where the market is already saturated? Even the publishers must start to see this.

3. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Yeah, I suppose that could be the case.

I can't say I was expecting it to be radically different from Crysis 2, but on the basis of this alpha it's hard to see what they've spent the last year and a half doing. The entire front end/UI is the same, the engine is the same, the guns are the same (bar the odd addition like the crossbow), the suit is nearly the same, the killstreaks are the same, the enemies are the same and everything looks the same. On that basis Crysis 3 would be a poor effort even for a small expansion pack, but for a full-sized, full-priced game with a 2-year development it is nothing short of shocking.

4. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Lol - replace Crysis 3 in your post with a popular three letter acronym starting with C and ending with D and you have publisher mana from heaven!

5. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Might be an idea for this and the new C3 thread to be merged :)

6. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Not to mention the original thread created by me that was usurped by Gunsmith because he's king of Crysis.. :lol:

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

8. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Well It is another game I am not buying. I enjoyed the beta what little I played. But due to money I am not buying C3.

Or at least not for the moment. So standard edition is on the horizon for me.

9. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Code arrived, pre-loading now :)

10. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Gratz I may or may not be buying this, thinking about it xD Should finish Crysis 1 first though.

11. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

Mines just arrived too, but I will have to wait till I get home to start pre-loading :(

12. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Well, completed Crysis 2 just now and just uninstalled it and finished the pre-load of Crysis 3 (limited SSD space...)

Bring on midnight with drinks :)

13. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I'm all preloaded, but I'm working all night, so no Crysis 3 till tomorrow when I get up at 2PM. :(

14. PabloFunky

PabloFunky What's a Dremel?

Another days wages to be spent tomorrow, but i was bound to buy it, so hoping its good and i dont complete it in a day.

15. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

Yups I'm home and currently preloading! I might get a game in at 12 tonight but have promised myself that I would go to gym before work in morning which means early start! Arggghhhh: D

16. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

Have played through it two days ago when it released here stateside.

First impressions (spoiler-free to avoid lynchings):

The attention to detail is back to crysis 1 levels. The environments have all the little things that make them see/feel more believable (and provide odd and satisfying killing tools)

The level design is a mix of crysis 1 and crysis 2, but the sections that resemble 2 don't feel as forced (actual reasons for it instead of invisi-walls) overall it left me with good feelings after some distaste over crysis 2's extremely linear style. there is a slight focus on the hunter/stealth style of play, though it can be brute forced if you feel like going the havoc and destruction route.

The nanosuit feels more responsive than 2, unless using the upgraded armor/deflection, then it feels like you're walking around in a bodysuit of lead.

The AI has seen some decent improvements, reacting smarter to you trying to pick them off, though not as improved as I might have liked.

Some of the story tropes are predictable, but it does a good enough job of engaging new and veteran players with information/explanation and is presented in a very good, unforced manner (some of the Lockhart sections of C2 made the editor in me want to vomit). Very last section of the game has some pacing issues tbh.

Oh, the game on medium puts nearly every other PC game I own to shame if they're running max, if you're looking for a game made for next gen, this is it.

Last edited: 21 Feb 2013
  17. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

This is what I get from a fresh install in the game. Downloaded and installed with Origin.

I have tried different settings, including running Very High textures, different types of AA etc, and still get the same results in the below screenshots. Any Ideas?

All Drivers (Chipset etc are up to date). NVidia 314.07 drivers installed on a fresh install of Windows 7 64Bit. DxDiag attached.

PC Specs See Sig.

Settings all set to High with SMAAx1 @ 2560x1440 - High textures

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And with Very High with SMAAx1 @ 2560x1440 - high textures

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Simon.

18. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Simon - silly question probably, but a) have you wound off your display overclock, and b) tried it running a single card?

19. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Nope, it's now fixed after a Repair install on Origin...Only preloaded the game last night...

Now getting a more constant 50FPS maxed out with FXAA and Very High textures. :)

20. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Nice. I'd forgotten that I pre-ordered mine from Amazon and now I've got to wait for the disc to arrive (Monday). Whooops!