1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Crysis 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gunsmith, 5 Jun 2012.

1. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

To be honest it never ceases to amaze my how tirelessly people argue about random stuff on internet forums. Games are the worst culprit (closely followed my Mac vs PC debates), and I used regularly point out the futility of such arguments to the perpetrators only to be flamed into oblivion, so I don't bother these days. I think it must be a youth thing or something. I generally interact on here just like I do in real life, friendly, slightly sarky and with a healthy dose of cynicism. I like to learn from others and be made to chuckle sometimes too.

That said, Gunsmith is a pretty good contact to have in the forums with his insider industry links. He (by his own admission) does not suffer fools gladly, and that's why we love him. He also favours the asterisk key over any other :lol:

On topic, I will buy Crysis 3 and probably enjoy it, the graphics look lush and to be honest as long as the gameplay is a good mix of what we have seen in the first three games I think it will be considered a success. I definitely would prefer to go back to the Nanosuit 1.0 though. If they could make a game as free-form as Just Cause 2 with the mechanics and scripting of the Crysis series they would definitely be on to a winner.

Gunsmith likes this.
  2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Less talky about arguments, more talky about Crysis.

I've got a ban button I'm yet to use sitting here...

3. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

If Crysis 3 is anything like the last one I'll be getting Peggles instead the last Crysis was boring.

Shirty likes this.
  4. feathers

feathers Minimodder

There was a tree on a rooftop in C2 that looked great. I stood watching it for several hours before falling off the roof when I climbed over a high wall. Things went downhill after that.

Peggles with hi-res texture mod looks stunning I hear.

5. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

It would be nice to see Crysis 3 have a delayed release for PC, so they can get the console version out the door and then work on getting the PC version right- get back to what they did in the first Crysis but it wont happen.

6. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

It'd be even nicer if the consoles had the delayed release because they wanted to polish off the PC first. I'm tired of waiting while all the Console dolts rave and rage about games we've not got yet.

7. feathers

feathers Minimodder

It will be even worse once the next generation of little *******s arrives.

8. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

The problem that i can see is a small battle between EA and Crytek, EA want the money, Crytek want to make the game, unfortunately, EA is winning, This means that EA wants the game on a console, because A, It will sell MORE, and B, It will sell for MORE.

Sam

9. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

I'm sure I read somewhere yesterday that you only get the bow if you pre-order the game. It could be wrong but it sounds like the sort of cheap trick EA would come up with.

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

aw man, if thats true the fallout would be hilarious!

11. cookie! nom nom

cookie! nom nom Minimodder

no shock if it happen, ea are a joke...

12. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

I'm now hoping it does happen. I've got a fiver riding on the fact EA are that goddamn stupid.

Yes. I believe it'll happen that much!

Back on topic; Gunny; D'you know anything about the weapons included? As in; will there still be a possibility for long-range engagements in that environment? I see no point in the game giving us sniper rifles when the enemies are always going to be close enough to reach out and punch their lights out.

13. silky

silky What's a Dremel?

14. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Hijacking this thread

If you really want to play Crysis 3 then get yourselves down/up to Nottingham where we will have a special bespoke playing area where you can get the chance to be one of the very first to play Crysis 3. Gamecity starts this Saturday 20th but Crysis 3 will be available from Monday 22nd until Saturday 27th in the middle of Old Market Square. http://festival.gamecity.org/news/crysis-3-at-gc7

Also you have the chance to moan at the Crytek UK folk if the game sucks ;)

15. defined

defined Botch-Job

Im really looking forward to crysis 3, i never got into the original crysis when it was out, I have been playing crysis 2 the past week or so and i am really enjoying it.

16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

:sigh::duh:

17. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

Graphics look amazing, as usual. But I always hoped that they would build upon Crysis and add more cool gadgets. All they did in Crysis 2 is removed stuff, combined suit modes and made everywhere narrower etc. I want more not less!

The suit modes were my favourite part about the original. But they should add to it not remove. For example each suit mode has a standard passive ability, and some of them you can click to do something extra. I would like all the modes to do extra stuff. Here's some examples.

Modes: Strength, Speed, Stealth, Armor.

1) Strength:-
    Passive: Like Cry1, strong jump, chuck stuff far, punch hard, steadier weapon, faster swim, etc.
    Activated: You can click and then the next time you jump it will be a super powerful jump that sends you up about 80 feet or so, and you can grab on to trees. While up there you can snipe people or chuck stuff down at people. If you are spotted and they start shooting, you have to be careful to not fall or you'll be really hurt, but you can jump from tree to tree, Predator style.

2) Armor:-
    Passive: Like Cry1, you are tougher, better health regen, etc.
    Activated: You click and you hunch down in to a ball and stop moving for about 3 seconds, but you get covered in a thick cocoon like shell which prevents all damage for those few seconds. Ideal if you are falling off a cliff or a truck is driving at you at full speed. You click, become cocooned, truck smashes in to you and then you stand up and walk away. Superman style.

3) Stealth:-
    Passive: Like Cry1, you go invisible and can sneak past people.
    Activated: You click and you project a hologram at wherever you aim. The hologram looks like you and starts shooting and diving all the over the place like it's dodging bullets. The ultimate distraction, although they will be on full alert after using it.

4) Speed:-
    Passive: Like Cry1 but permanently activated - run very fast but uses energy.
    Active: Bullet time. You can move so fast everything else seems to slow down and for a few seconds you can aim some really good shots at two or three targets. Matrix style.

And then besides improved suit modes, the gameplay/mission design should be improved too. For example in Crysis you can enter cheat codes and spawn a gunship which you can actually fly! But there is no point in the campaign where you get to fly around the coast blowing stuff up! :( So they need to include all of that stuff as key parts of the campaign, and make use of it all. And the same goes for mines, trip wires, rocket launchers, - you should have almost unlimited use of that stuff so that if you want to play like an action hero, jumping all over the place and shooting everyone you can. But if you want to sneak in and infiltrate an enemy camp without them knowing, and then set trip wires on all the doors and mines under all the vehicles and then run back outside and shoot the sky and watch all hell break loose, you can do that too.

And lastly, grenades. Maybe I'm just a psychopath in real life, but to me grenades are the most
    fun thing ever, and totally under used in most games. There should be a whole selection of grenades for all your carnage needs. Frag - chuck and boom but with shrapnel too. Emp: Chuck and disables anything electrical. Smoke - chuck and you can use it as cover. Flashbangs - chuck in to a room and everyone cant see for a few seconds. Gas - like tear gas it makes everyone cry and cant breath and just need to run away (unless they have gas masks on). Pyro - chuck and fire bursts out everywhere setting fire to anything that can burn.

And of course with all these extra gadgets, the enemies will need to be a bit stronger and more numerous. But you then have pretty much my ultimate FPS ;p If FarCry3 or Crysis3 fail to give me something like this, then I'm going to have to just play Duke Nukem 3d again, and that's just sad.

18. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Yeah, we get it, you really liked the first one. If you had your way they just re-release crysis 1 with a 3 on it.

Personally, I thought 1 was crap. 2 wasn't all that great either, but it felt like a better game.

19. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Actually It'll be far better, as we will finally have Next Gen graphics in our console ports.

20. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Well I got to play Crysis 3 today. As expected it's a lot like Crysis 2.. which makes me sad.

CRYTEK Y U NO MAKE BETTER SEQUEL?