1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Destiny

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by daveypro, 29 Oct 2014.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

The very first area you spawn on Mars has probably easiest of the Taken Champions to defeat, mainly because if someone spawns in and Taken are there, they will instinctively help out and not just drive by!

I'm on Xbox One as well, GT: HexyWoo, add me and give me a shout if you're on and want some help with it. I'll mainly be on PC playing the LawBreakers beta this weekend, but can switch over if you need me :thumb:

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'll give it another whirl at some point this weekend (although I'll probably add you anyway, since PUGs seem as.. Hit/miss as any other MMO) and see how it goes. It's not so much the killing of the taken as the triggering one of the champions that seems to be stumping me.

3. Hex

You need to kill the lieutenants before they get bored and leave. Killing them all is what triggers the big boss beasts to spawn!

4. liratheal

yeah, that's what ive been doing - the buggeration is either no lieutenants show up, or they do the big bugger shows up, and when the big one dies it doesn't register in the quest. Ive been wondering if its because I throw flaming hammers at them.

5. Hex

Hmmmm weird. Maybe there's still lieutenants somewhere for when it doesn't trigger him, or you're not killing them fast enough? When you solo it, they do get bored easily and leave. Throwing hammers should register just fine. Very odd. Have you picked up the Battle Wreckage? Is it just killing champions on Mars you have to do?

6. liratheal

I've not grabbed the battle wreckage yet, after the frustration on Venus killing the champions I thought I'd get those out of the way first on Mars. I guess they must be getting bored, perhaps my playstyle isn't conducive to keeping them entertained! I tend to punch stuff in the head if it's low enough level to get dead first/second punch.

Edit: Tried again. I think I see where I'm going wrong. I expect the champion to spawn somewhere near where I am, where as the start area seems to span the cabal base at the bottom of the cliff and the cabal base at the top of the same cliff, with the open space between.

I got frustrated and went to kill Oryx instead. Surprisingly, that was easier.

Last edited: 1 Jul 2017
  7. Hex

Oh yeah, the area they can all spawn in is pretty big. You have to have a look around! (I assume the Xbox FR yesterday was from you?)

8. liratheal

It was indeed! I should probably have included a message, beer got the better of me.

Edit: Well. I got a champion to show up on Mars. Son of a bitch teleported out one good headshot away from death. I was not amused.

Last edited: 4 Jul 2017