1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Destiny

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by daveypro, 29 Oct 2014.

1. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

I used to think that getting a legendary gun or armour was preferable to just shards or energy (or SC's), but more recently I have just been dismantling the guns I have been receiving (both rubbish VG pulse rifles..... FFS!) thus resulting in only two energy....

*sigh*

Heres hoping for the NF & HM Atheon kill tonight!

2. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

I have more Shards and Energy then I can shake a stick at, I used 64 the other day upgrading random old weapons I had in my bank and still have near 100 left, wish I could swap like 5 energys or shards for 1 radiant shard / energy.

[Edit] Raids tonight so far

Atheon hard (warlock) I got shards and a speeder
    Atheon hard (titan) I got shards & a shader
    Crota both characters - I got radiant shards and nothing else

I've just got the nightfalls too do and that will complete another week of nothing from raids for me.

Last edited: 8 Jan 2015
  3. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Well got two hard mode raids done last night and on both of them I got the Vex Mythoclast happy days!!!!

4. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Ah man that is harsh. I am only getting darn energy from CE at the moment. I need shards as I have 42 energy already!

Nice!

We beat Atheon on hard last night (my first hard completion) and I got the Warlock helm, Sparrow and the Last Word HC (sharded as I already have it). The bugs really annoyed us but we got him down in three portal runs in the end.

Raid drops in general were very good for our group.

I really enjoyed the HM VoG raid. It didn't really feel much different to normal mode beyond the increased amount of enemies - specifically in the portals at the gatekeepers.

I ran with the Relic at the GK's and Atheon and feel really comfortable with it now. Smashing that Minotaur on "Venus" is so satisfying. :)

First NF graced with another G'horn (received my first the day before) and the second some more shards. Got a third to run so hoping for a better void sniper (to round out 331 attack snipers of each burn).

5. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

The only part of the Hard Mode I don't like is the Confluxes.

After that we wipe, sit at the top and snipe the Oracles with Icebreakers and one jumps down and sits at the old place, where you could cheese the templer and that person just snipes the one oracle that spawns next to the templer on the left as you look down from the top.

When it comes to the Relic's, me and another clan member use the Relics and everyone else just runs to the back and kills the minotaurs.

We generally take Atheon out in 2 teleports, but last night it was buggy as hell and after a hour of trying we were about to give up and but I said lets try it once more, and we killed him in 2 runs.

The clan leader was not happy as he wanted the Vex but didn't get it, but they were saying they were going to do another run so will find out tonight if he got it or not.

6. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

We did the same method as you basically right the way through the raid. The only difference was we went down for the Templar and "hid" behind the rock at the back far right (from the point of view of "up top"). This seemed to work quite well despite a couple of wipes where the relic refused to be picked up...

WE might have taken Atheon in two had it not been for one pass through the portals where I (as the relic holder) ended back on "Venus". By the time I got back through and got the shield up (using the middle method) we only had around 12 seconds left.

7. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

We had issues when we were wiping, with being teleported back through the portal with the relic.

We always used the Rock when killing the templar but we have found that only having the relic holder down the bottom, meant that we could take out the templar and oracles at the same time without having to get cleansed.

If we run through it tonight I will record it and upload it, but we do sort of cheese the Gorgon part, with only one person running through and then we rejoin once he is down at Atheon.

8. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Yeah I'm on Twitch a lot so I've seen many people do it, I'm just terrible at games, so stick to what I can actually do without getting upset at how terrible I am! :lol:

I'm now levelling a friend's characters up too just in case he ever decides to come back to the game. I know he wouldn't want to if he was super low level, so trying to keep him at least close to the cap. He's got fancy guns from the VoG raid so at least I finally get to try them out. VoG only ever wanted me to have Chatterwhite :waah:

9. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Ah Chatterwhite.

I run that on my second Warlock "Bluey" (Awoken female). It looks nice with a mix of VG armour and exotic gauntlets (Claws of Akamhara or something like that).

Honestly if you can make it to the second lamp and the jump works fine the rest is easy. If you don't have Icebreaker just make sure you bring lots of special synth & a strong long range scout rifle. The enemies on the other side of the bridge (who you snipe) are on a timer so you don't have to kill everything to get the Orgres to spawn. Killing the Ogres triggers the bridge checkpoint and is the last armour drop (ignoring the second chest) before Crota.

If your on the PS4 I'd be happy to run you through it :)

I do think the RNG gods were looking down on me this week. So far I have had:

- 2 Blue engrams turning into legendary items;
    - Decent "rare" drops on the ROC strike playlist which I am now actually using in end game content;
    - Legendary engrams both times I have run the Weekly Heroic & both turning into a legendary item;
    - Getting the specific ascendant material I need each time I run the daily heroic;

and (this is the best one):

- 3 Gjallahorns.... First from Crotas end first chest. The final two on NF's.

Makes up for a shocking return the week before (VG packages with nothing but a commedation, Cryptarse giving nothing but two blues & naff all from the NF).

To top everything off I only need ~ 500 rep now to get Eris to rank 4. I have enough energy to convert into shards to make me level 32. :D

Only downside being I also worked out I will need ~ 17.5K glimmer to do the conversion and I have around 1.5k.... I am not looking forward to the Mars mission grind to get that glimmer. :yawn:

10. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Black wax idols & the siege of the warmind on earth at lvl30, kill everything upto the last gold knight then die do this as fast as you can, this is my new grind spot :), around 45 enemies mostly thrawls that you can one shot or rocket them as they tend to drop so much ammo anyway.

11. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Does anyone else find they are working 70-80 hours a week? ie a standard working week followed by a standard working week on Destiny?
    Rinse repeat, rinse repeat, I will have those material possessions and I will work hard for it.
    Im finding its getting more boring and repetitive than actual life but with greater rewards that are ultimately fabricated and not physically real.. I feel like I am having a mid life crisis in game rather than in actual life yet the whole fact I feel like that tells me I am actually having a mid life crisis. Its like mid-life criception going on here..

12. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

I do find I'm playing it longer and longer each week and most days I'll stay up till 2am grinding or doing extra raids to help others out and glimmer grind then get up at 5:45 for work lol.

If your having a midlife cirsis time to buy a convertible :p not sure what the equivalent is in game :p.

Finally did one nightfall today and got my second Suros :) so thats one on each character now :).

13. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Yeah I need to try that area as ~40 runs of the first mission on Mars started to REALLY grate.

Paid off though as I am level 32 on both Warlocks (well technically one but they share armour).

In terms of play time on Destiny I do play alot but rarely solo. It is a very dull game to run solo but extremely enjoyable in a fireteam.

Getting ripped to shreds when you hit 32 only to die on the level 12 Shrine of Oryx mission (Figoris bounty) is hilarious! :D

My wife (who only started playing a week ago) is already up to level 30 and just got Obsidian mind from the NF. She has also been extremely lucky but getting three legendaries from blue engrams in a single day.... :eeek: Meanwhile old Cryptarse turned ALL of my blues into ****.

I just need the Raid chest piece and more shards and my hunter will also be level 32.

14. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Agreed, it is not a solo game unless you like grinding, its more of a social platform with some shooting in :p.

Hopefully when I run the VOG another 2 times on hard this week I best get the VEX this time or I'm gonna quit :( / make a third character the same as one of my other 2 so I can share armor and run it again lol.

15. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

It finally happened last night :) I got my Vex Me & Mark had a group we did Atheon hard first in 2 shields and I got shards & a ship then the 2nd time we went from the Templer CP I got Corrective measure & Thunderlord from the chests & templer then we did Atheon in almost 1 sheild this time and boom Vex :) proper excited that I stayed up till around 1:30 in the end doing the weeklys lol.

Still need to grind crota for my chestplate but will give the hardraid a go on my 31 anyway :).

16. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Got 3 Hard Mode VOG's done last night, and everyone who needed the Vex got one.

Did Crota on Hard up to the point of Crota so we have the checkpoint for it.

I now have 3 of the new Crota Pulse Rifles, 2 of the Auto Rifles and finally the gloves to take my 3rd warlock to lvl 32.

We have also found a nice glitch for the bridge part to make everything de-spawn but it takes a while to get people in to position, and the ones that get up to the top of the buildings need ice breakers or rocket launchers.

17. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Wow what a rollercoaster weekend that was!

I started off on Friday wanting to chuck Destiny in the bin after feeling like I had burned out. Come Sunday evening and I was loving it again!

I did a few raids, took Crota down on HM and got a few goodies to show for it:

- Vex Myth
    - VoC (finally!)
    - VoG guantlets I have been after since September
    - Fang of Ir Yut
    - Glowoo shader - my Awoken female Warlock "Bluey" is now even more blue... :p
    - New Sparrow (like the old one but has a different name..)

Sadly I didn't get either the Pulse, Auto or hand cannon. Chuffed with the Fang though! :D

Roll on reset now!

18. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Sounds like you had a good run :),

I did VOG twice & got nothing but the ship & speeder (both dismantled straight away)
    Crota hard raid twice, Scout, Pulse, Fusion, 2 boots, 2 chest plates, 1 helmet & gloves + Glowhoo shader, puts both my characters to lvl 32 now :).
    Nightfall, Plan C & exotic warlock gloves.

Best weekend of raiding I've had for a while.

19. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Yeah it was a good week. :)

Took Crota down three times this week, twice as a sword bearer. My hunter is also now level 32 which helps alot. Middle strategy seems to work best for a straight forward run.

Running as a sword bearer is a bit daunting though. You really feel the five extra people just staring at you waiting for the call to fire.

I picked up the Song of Ir Yut and nothing else of interest. Still after the HoC and Word of Crota HC.

I have another raid tonight so fingers crossed. :)

20. daveypro

daveypro Minimodder

Raiding! i wish, me and 2 friends from work never seem to get a shot at it, we tryed vog with 4 and without cheesing that was interesting, didnt get far, we all have icebreakers and or suros i ahve the hawk maxed, and various heavy weps.

still rate my Zombie apocalypse with field scout. shame its a 300 max

anyone rate Timur's Lash or is it all about the word of Crota (yes i am a hand cannon junkie)