1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows EVE Online Players Sound Off!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by RotoSequence, 10 Sep 2006.

1. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Skip the procurer, it sucks :p Unless you're still flying a mining frigate, then it's better.

2. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Agreed, you'll do better in a 'rax. I reactivated my other accounts today, I've been getting used to the interface again by doing Level 3 missions in command ships :lol:.

3. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Yeah, I figured as much whilst looking over the attributes yesterday. I'm aiming for a barge still, but the level 3 one (forgot it's name) - though I have to add that I would really love to get a Hulk, but I guess that lies some time in the future.

Currently I'm actually mining in my Iteron Mk.III. Slow as hell with just the one turret hardpoint, but it's got an immense hold (I can fit 6581m3 into mine) so I'll just fly it out to an asteroid field, set it to mine, turn on shield booster and go watch TV, read a book, or whatever.

4. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Tip for you, the mammoth is the biggest non-level-5 indy :).

Another tip, use your indy to dump secure cans at a chosen mining spot, then mine in a cruiser into them :)

5. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Cruisers eh? I've got industrials, barges and destroyers skilled at the moment.
    Can't I use a barge to mine into the cans? I mean, the strip mining modules pull ore a lot faster than even the Miner II I'm currently using. However, I didn't know it worked that way - that I can dump a can in space and mine into it. Good stuff, I guess I'll have to obtain a couple of secure cans. :D

6. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

If your into mining you should check out this guide -> http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=434899

http://www.lsjv-eve.com/completeminersguide_v2.2.pdf

It recommends you fit mining laser upgrades to get the max yield you can, but i prefer fitting cargo expanders so i have to move ore into a can less which i dont really think is mentioned in the guide (lazy mining :p ), but other than that the guide is a great read

7. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Oh thanks, I'll give it a quick skim. :D

The Iteron I'm using for mining at the moment is equipped with a Miner II, two mining upgrades (level ones - though I do own a level two upgrade, but I'm currently unable to use it) and a cargo expander (of course there are some other modules, but they're not really relevant to mining). I will start experimenting with can mining as soon as I get my barge going, and see if that'll increase my profitability - those big secure cans will fit in my Iteron I think. Will I need a tractor beam in order to load them up by the way?

8. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Yep, but cruisers are better than the procurer, especially the Osprey, but if you can't use a cruiser then a procurer is better than a frigate or hauler.

I personally use jet cans when mining in empire, yeah it means I'm at risk from ore thieves and can flippers, but hold mining or using GSCs is impractical when one cycle fills up a GSC.

Definitely worth going for a Hulk, problem with the Covetor is it takes aaages to train for since it requires astrogeology and mining barge at 5 which can take 30 or so days. Getting into a hulk after that would only take a day or two depending on your attributes.

9. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

No you can just get within 1500m of the cans to scoop them.

Grab me ingame as Peeeeet or Xen0phobiak if its the funds stopping you from upgrading to a cruiser.

10. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

I noticed you tried contacting me ingame yesterday Xeno, sorry I wasn't there to reply - AFK mining.

Thanks for the offer of sponsoring ( :D ), but no thanks - I prefer making my own ISK.

11. Jabbah

Jabbah What's a Dremel?

Just bought a phoenix for some 0.4 grieving :D

12. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

Thread revival. Just got back into eve (played for a month last year) really enjoying it this time, currently trying to blitz my way through level 2 missions in my caracal (caldari).

13. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Pah, real men use turrets

Not played in a while again, ran out of time and money. It's one of those games I get bored of after a while and only log in to change skills.

14. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

Nah real men only need weapons that fire every 10 seconds :thumb:

Yeah I know what you mean

15. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Only 10 seconds ROF? Fit some ballistic control systems, or train up the missile skills some more. :D

16. *Alex*

*Alex* What's a Dremel?

started up again a couple weeks back new account and that who else is still cruising the starts?

also any tips n that ?

17. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Find what you like to do, make a plan to do it well, and stick to it. I've seen a lot of pilots that are the meh of all trades.

18. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Don't be afraid to sell a time code or two to give you a big boost in monies, it really helps, especially at the start as grinding for decent money can be not very fun.

Some people frown on it, but it's not as bad as gold selling on WoW.

19. PQuiff

PQuiff What's a Dremel?

Ive just got back into eve, still very addictive. Love the new graphics. One tip : use EVEMON for you character and ship planing. its very good.

20. SirFur

SirFur PC Gamer and LAzy B0nes

Hey guys,

I've just finished my exams for my 4th year at Uni - HARRARR! :clap: I'm really eager to get back into EVE especially since I only started it last October and really liked it. Had to stop middle December so that I could focus on various deadlines in the new year, and then the exams I've just finished. I hope I pass - it'd kill me if I have to re-sit, but I'm happy to say I've not had to re-sit so far in my 4 years and I hope to maintain that :)

I'm gonna get the special edition EVE DVD, mainly cos it'll be cheaper to get 60days worth of GTC. Shame the cool features aren't available to existing players. I reckon they would have got a lot more sales if they had done. Anyone know anywhere in the UK where it's at a good price and IN STOCK?