1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress H2O-C7 June 26 Still more Rain! SUX

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by jhanlon303, 22 Oct 2008.

?

Guess my weight!

Poll closed 25 Dec 2008.
  1. Less than 2Kg

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. 2Kg to 3Kg

21 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. More than 3KG

9 vote(s)
    25.7%
  1. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Yeah, there's no way John. I'd look into those 90-degree barbs I linked to earlier. That will fix your problem real quick. They also have compression versions too, if you don't like hoseclamps (like me).

2. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

90s it will be, now I can go to work windowing, rad mount mockups, need to figger out some kid of attaching for the res. Piece of cake. take no time at all. [​IMG]

3. E.E.L. Ambiense

Hey, don't LOL at double-sided foam tape or something.... it really does work wonders sometimes! ;)

4. ROB 636

ROB 636 Ski-Ba-Bop-Ba-Dop-Bop

Guess it would help also help to turn the screen on.:lol:

5. jhanlon303

Senility sucks - must be why I take so long

6. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

It won't FIT. I tried to do my sig like coolmeister once, and it wouldn't work. The three line limit of text in your sig applies to code too.
    Edit: OK, I fixed it.

The bitspower/fatboy barbs are nice because you don't really need hose clamps on them. I was pissed when I found out I got the wrong ones. (I bought some for myself too.) You could try a 90angle splice over the straight barb. It might fit if you get them butt up agaist each other.
    -Velcro rules.

Last edited: 23 Oct 2008
  7. Mizugetsu

Mizugetsu What's a Dremel?

why not an alphacool Laing pump they feed horizontal and they save u space

8. jhanlon303

Doesn't hold enough fluid to emphasize the H2O cooling. I'll fix the barbs and I have a plan for the res that Cheaps and x06jsp(Josh) would approve of. Tonight's update is case window and youse guys/gals are gonna love it. Creativity - I haz it in bukkits.

9. x06jsp

x06jsp da ginger monkey!!!!

OOOO i see my name :D :p lol i look forward to seeing what you come up with :D

and that case is quite possibly as far opposite as you can get from a case to mine lol its probably about the size of just one of my modules :thumb:

Josh

10. jhanlon303

skylight anyone?

I've been comparing my little case with the MicroFly from the closet because it has windows EVERYWHERE! :rock: So this afternoon I popped the little grey buttons out of the top and was given a pleasant surprise.
    The MicroFly top, buttons and window:
    [​IMG]

I really like those buttons - like upholstery buttons for interiors in some Japanese cars.

I remembered I had a roll of low sticky shelf paper in my stash closet:
    [​IMG]
    Contact brand and pure white. I stripped off the clear plastic over the stock cover (no pictures of the stripping - this is a family forum)[​IMG]

The case cover all done up in white:
    [​IMG]

But why would the old dude want to make it white and hide the shiny?
    Layout - that's why!
    The Microfly top window lying on the new case (never did get a good name!):
    [​IMG]

and the original MicroFly top:
    [​IMG]

I really can't take credit for planning this but the window from the MicroFly top is a glove fit to the top of the new case.

Simple - Measure for fitting, lay the window on and mark the button holes, slap the MicroFly cover on using the marked holes and draw the opening to dremel out. Whack out the window opening and be careful with the fitment.
    Drill the holes and insert the plexi from the bottom using the MicrFly buttons and Voila - flush mounted top window showing off the whole interior.
    Now is that a shweet accident or what? The sides will be done similarly but will require cutting down the windows and redrilling holes to match the pattern of the top because the sides are shorter.
    The buttons should get a coat of shiny black model car paint.

Thoughts?

I'm off to work on a radiator bracket system.

11. x06jsp

x06jsp da ginger monkey!!!!

Awesome :D

Josh

12. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

You cheatin' b*stard!:hehe:
    -Nah, I like it. It's simple and cheap. Use what you have.
    Nice use of shelf paper. That's simpler than using 1/2 a roll of masking tape.

13. jhanlon303

There's really not much hope for a stock Microfly. Bill Owens, E.E.L, Sirocco, and I have had all tried to find a reasonably happy median with this case.
    Cut you up sharp edges, short out every electric thing included with the front panel. Shiny but very thin ( sounds like a few ladies I met/dated in the 60s). The removable motherboard tray is removable ONCE. Beer can or Saki can thin.

Salvage and recycle! Save the Earth. Keep it out of the landfills. Take the windows and melt the rest down for scrap.
    My Father was the dentist on the USS Missouri when the Japanese surrendered. He had a saying (one of many) - "you can paint a turd, but all you end up with is a painted turd".

I finally found a use for mine.

14. 985323

985323 I am Jack's smirking revenge

Last edited: 23 Oct 2008
  15. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

I'd suggest AquaComputer swivel elbows:
    [​IMG]
    *click for link*

Looking great man.
    As a fellow C7 watercooling enthusiast - I can't wait to see this puppy up and running!!!

You'll have to post your performance with that RAD - I've not yet had the chance to play with mine and I'd love to know how they perform.

@Cheaps - You did a wonderful job on those blocks, well done!

16. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Yeah that's exactly what I was trying to describe earlier Langer, thanks for the pic.

Window looks good mate.

17. E.E.L. Ambiense

Those Aqua swivel-fittings would be great; I could have sworn I had seen those elsewhere though instead of importing from Germany!

18. jhanlon303

This is going to be a search nightmare - when I google for these I get about 80% hits on Langer's logs or mine. Might not have to go to Germany if I could find a UK or the mainland somewhere.

19. jhanlon303

Cheaps has some temp numbers in his log. He was really into it. I think he likes the little guys too!

20. E.E.L. Ambiense

Honestly, John...those Bitspower fittings are fine. They rotate 360-degrees too, they're a bit lower-profile, and they won't require additional fittings to be threaded on the ends like those Aquas. Whatever you choose, I'm sure it'll be fine.