1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics HD5970 'Fixed all problems with latest official BIOS' (Added latest vBIOS in post #1)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-44432, 7 Apr 2010.

1. n14h

n14h What's a Dremel?

? about rma to sapphire>?

i flashed my bios like u said didnt fix anything i know i have a faulty card. what i want to know is since i flashed my bios using the newest sapphire flash drivers like u said to is my warranty void now?

2. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Assuming you flashed to the latest vBIOS and not the overclocked vBIOS then no your warranty shouldn't be void and you should beable to RMA the card just fine.

Although personally I wouldn't mention that you did the flash to who ever you RMA it to, they would automatically assume you screwed the card up.

3. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Have you flashed it back to the original vbios?

I would say you tried support at Sapphire to see if a new vbios would sort out your problems before you did a RMA. I take it your card is Sapphire?. If so then your warranty is not void.

If you have flashed a different vbios than your own vendor, then it can void the warranty.
    If that is so, I would reflash with the original vbios as if nothing happened.

Cheers,

Simon.

4. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

You'd go through the retailer regardless, these cards are not 1 year old yet. If you mention the vBIOS they may point blank refuse to RMA the card, honestly I wouldn't take the risk.

But yes, if the vendor is different, flash it back to the old bios.

5. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

The retailer can not refuse a RMA if he has flashed his card with a Sapphire vbios on a Sapphire card from the official link that I added from Sapphire direct.

But to save arguments, flash it back to the original vbios and RMA it and don't say anything about flashing it.

6. n14h

n14h What's a Dremel?

hey update LEADERTECH

7. n14h

n14h What's a Dremel?

is the one that i purchased the card from and they already set up the rma and already shipped it out to sapphire :) everything is fine atm.

8. n14h

n14h What's a Dremel?

and fyi the card is a sapphire card. and was sent to them and fyi a sapphire tech told me to flash it, and i didnt damage the card anymore than it was already damaged when i received the card. the card loaded in fine no problems just didnt fix my flicker problem which is why im rma it.

9. n14h

n14h What's a Dremel?

i should have my new card.... well to be honest refurbished card from sapphire in about 2 weeks or less, lets be realistic here what are the chances they will give me a new 5970 luls, well i had to do this with my 4870x2 as well with sapphire and i know that i got a referbed card then at least.. granted the 5970 isnt even a year old yet but i sincerely doubt ill get a new 5970 back :*( but at the very least a fully functional 5970 with the latest bios and no damn flicker. will keep you guys updated :).

10. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Why hasn't your retailer just swapped the card over for a new one?
    Every time I had a faulty product and sent it back, within 2 days I would receive a brand new one.

11. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Why did you put that info in 4 posts?:duh: :eyebrow:

12. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

:idea: Maybe to get a higher post count... lol

13. n14h

n14h What's a Dremel?

reason why is because its been more than 30 days since the card was purchased initially. but like i said ill have a new one back in less than two weeks :)

14. pepi-bih-

pepi-bih- What's a Dremel?

Hello every 1.

Can I use those Vbios files in post 1 as they are, to flash my xfx HD5970 BE. Having cold bugs, after installing EK waterblock.

15. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Should be fine. But if you need to RMA your card at anytime, you should flash it back to the original ones.

Please leave feedback for everyone else.

Cheers,

Simon.

16. qwxc

qwxc What's a Dremel?

hello true gamer i'm just back from holliday
    i have unninstal display driver
    i have used driversweeper
    now i have install ccc 10.6
    i 'm gonne try now of its works for me , i'l let you know
    thanks

17. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Ok, don't forget to leave everyone feedback.

Cheers,

Simon.

18. qwxc

qwxc What's a Dremel?

i give up every game freeze after 3 min
    i dont know what is wrong , maybe its better to instal my 8800 gtx sow i kan play a game
    642 euro by by

19. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Tried a fresh install of Windows with the latest drivers? Easy if you have a spare drive!

Got a friends sytem you could try the card in? Could be a PSU problem.

20. qwxc

qwxc What's a Dremel?

i have tried everything
    maybe the raid 0 is the problem i dont know