1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much do you earn/should I earn?

Discussion in 'Serious' started by sotu1, 30 Apr 2013.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

To be quite honest, I probably didn't come across as confident as I would have liked. I've been told that I am confident and well spoken when it comes to this sort of thing so hopefully that's just me being paranoid. I haven't had a job interview for 2 years, and it only took one unsuccessful interview in 2012 before I was offered my current post. What I'm saying is that it's not exactly something I've had a lot of practice at. I certainly did stick to the points, and asked a few questions of my own at the end both about the school and their individual networks, if nothing else to fill out the interview time by a few minutes to the maximum 15. That's it, all you have to sell yourself is 15 minutes. My CV and experience portfolio is over 10 pages of 14 point text (spanning ten years), but obviously you can't fit all that into a 15 minute interview. Whatever happens, happens. If I don't get this one, I will apply for the next that comes up.

One thing I have firmly decided upon in the past couple of weeks is that I'm determined to go and finish my Masters in Mechatronic Engineering as well as my level 1 CCNA, starting in 2015. Whether I'm going to be an ICT tech in an educational organization for the next 5 years or going to change direction before then and move on to engineering, I feel more than ever like I need to finish it.

Last edited: 4 Dec 2014
  2. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Agreed. Contractors are there when things are busy to plug gaps. They're the first out the door when money gets tight and so can't be put in any positions which can't be abolished.

3. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

Hi guys i am only on £7.50 per hour after having 5 jobs in 2014, I walked out of a job in March after anxiety and panic attacks got to me. I have worked the 29th and 30th December for the first time in my working life, I could have gone in today but anxiety got to me again.

4. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

What's the anxiety story?

5. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

If something goes wrong, I lose concentration and things just go downhill and the only thing I do is walk away or quit. Basically lose all what is the right thing to do if you know what I mean. I went into my bosses office a couple of years saying I think I have a problem but couldn't pinpoint it. I kept getting paranoid about being slow and speeding myself up which led to making mistakes by not thinking. Which leads me to anger and frustration.