1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other How much have you spent on your PC?

Discussion in 'General' started by maple, 10 Mar 2013.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Very difficult to quantify - I never upgrade my entire rig, so you could argue my PC has evolved for the last 20 years. I don't think I want to know how much I've spent in that time, and I certainly don't want my wife to know! :worried:

G0UDG likes this.
  2. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

Your wife now knows youve spent more than she would agree too spreadie matey, youve dropped yourself in it now matey assuming she does check this forum of course:) Im cant remember how much Ive spent on mine to be honest I know its a lot that much I can remember

3. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

As is right now, about 15K NAD (call it 1100 GBP)

That said, I haven't spent a cent on it in 3 years or so.
    My laptops on the other hand, those that I don't game with are quite substantially more valuable (and more powerful in every single regard)

4. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Current rig costing (sig out of date).

Core i5 3330, 1TB WD hard drive and Asus H61 motherboard £140 on eBay in te form of a 'faulty' zoostorm PC. The fault being a botched Windows 8 image.

Sapphire 6850 1gb. Cost me £130 new about 2 Christmases ago.

Corsair 400w system builder PSU £40 ish

Sandisk Extreme 240gb SSD £160 last May.

22" HP monitor was free

Coolermaster case came with the first bundle.

Windows 7 ultimate was free from work.

Mouse was my brothers Gigabyte gaming mouse he was no longer using and they keyboard is a standard Dell keyboard (I love them know idea why).

£470 in total...

Oh and chuck another £30 on for system fans £500 all in.

5. TheGreatSatan

TheGreatSatan Member for 17 years!

6. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

About $850? It's hard to gauge because I usually recoup my costs by selling my old parts in complete systems. I've recooperated almost all my old part costs so I'd say approximately $1000 in the last 3 generations.

7. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Not sure.

i3 3220 - about £90.
    Motherboard - About £70
    GTX 560ti DirectCUII - £157
    Corsair CX600 - £60
    Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz - £35
    Samsung 830 128GB - £89.99
    Monitor - £150
    Mouse - £57
    Keyboard - £49.99
    Gelid Tranquillo - £25
    Case - Thermaltake M9 (It's ****ing horrible and I regret ever getting it) £70

About £1000. give or take a few quid. I made some really bad choices :wallbash:

8. djzic

djzic Bokehlicious!

Since my computer kind of ever evolves, about £5,000 since I got into PCs 5 years ago :duh:

9. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

In the last month, and including the £500 I spent today. I'll leave it for you guys to work out. :p :D

10. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Add another £300 or so to my A05 rig after tomorrow - just gutted it to send for water jetting and powder coat tomorrow. Also have a new H100 for it and am waiting for 6x Scythe Gentle Typhoons to go in when it's rebuilt next week.

Last edited: 23 Mar 2013
  11. XNine

XNine What's a Dremel?

About 2K on this one. That doesn't count the monitors or periphs. That's just hardware in this build alone...

12. moose67

moose67 Minimodder

I spent £1900 on my first ever self built PC 5 years ago. This included a few other things like speakers, screen, routers, G5 mouse etc

I had money to burn back then so bought the best case, 3x hd's, psu, rams, XF-i card, 12x sharkoons etc etc, bought lots of extra little things for modding the case also, a fair few of them never got used. It's always nice to have a box of PC goodies stashed away though.

I put all the purchases through my business which saved a good chunk on the VAT, so this alleviated some of the horror when I used to think about how much I'd spent.

Having said all that the screen, router, speakers, XF-i, mouse have lasted well and are all still in service now with my latest build. The case will last for ever upgrade wise. The psu died a few weeks before the warranty expired and it was replaced with a newer modular model. I sold my old gpu's for some cash. So realistically it was all money well spent.

And, being able to play an awesome PC game on a large screen with 5.1 sound till the wee small hours makes the thought of the money (and anguish) spent just melt away into total happiness :D

13. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

It's honestly really easy to flip computer parts given the market is elastic but rather lenient on prices.

I've had quite a bit of fun building a bunch of computers from my old parts and selling them off and making a small profit from it. Budget builds are usually massive amounts of fun.