1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Hypno-Toad Rebuild--April 2012 quick repair and refit.

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Cheapskate, 18 May 2007.

1. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

This worklog is one that I kicked myself for missing when it all transpired. I especially loved the experimentation with custom made fan blades. Thats the crazy stuff I love about modding

2. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I seem to like to make stuff that doesn't work.:hehe:

3. Cheapskate

Still evolving

Sorry about bumping the ancients, but...
    [​IMG]
    -I had to show you this kewl panda face. -No. 'Toad's reservoir has been a problem for a while now. The setup made it impossible to clean, and it was frequently springing leaks.
    [​IMG]
    -I've been playing around with using stainless steel tube for a while, and recently cranked out a prototype that I palmed off on Bill Owen from MNPCTech. We have discussed doing a run using one- piece end caps. Make some noise if you are interested.:D
    -Here I have freshly cut end caps in a cut-off of the tube. It took me a while to find some suitable scraps for the green. I added a third port on this one for a fill line.
    [​IMG]
    -My version has 2 part caps. I need to glue these little rings on the inside to hold the O-rings.
    [​IMG]
    -I picked up some clearance G3/8 barbs to see if I could make a large port version. -Looks doable to me.:D
    [​IMG]
    -I fixed up a ghetto tailstock for sanding the tube body. Yeah, That's a skateboard wheel.
    [​IMG]
    -I made a horrible mess trying to get the tube polished up. I had to stop because the bit of felt and polishing compound I used turned into a silver rock.
    [​IMG]
    -In keeping with tradition, I made the brackets out of an old, (friggen hard,) chunk of industrial polycarbonate a friend had given me.
    [​IMG]
    -:worried: Ignore the countersink failure. Here They are tapped out and ready to mount.
    [​IMG]
    -Before I could mount a new res, there was a lot of gore... and cleaning.
    [​IMG]
    -The insides of the old res. have some nasty ball of plasticizer, faux bauxite, and bacteria.
    [​IMG]
    -Ewww! Who sneezed?
    [​IMG]
    -OK, I fixed that. -Wait, Something's not right...
    [​IMG]
    -Mounting up a new res. A handy feature of this setup is that I can fill with the lid off even when the pump is running. The version I drew up for production has a center fillport in an indent to help prevent spillage.
    [​IMG]
    -Capped up. The last bit of thick material I had wasn't very transparent.
    [​IMG]
    -Here she is 'finished' again. I need to find more junk to make a cap for the fill line, and there's still some work to do on the old pump top. I ripped the old barbs out thinking I could drop it in the mill real quick and update to bitspower barbs.
    ...Then I remembered this is what powers the mill.:duh:

[​IMG]

4. Cheapskate

[​IMG]
    -I still don't have the old pump top in, but the res cover is done. Have a quick pic.

5. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

didn't believe my eyes when I saw this near the top of the list! looks good Cheaps :)

6. dream1

dream1 What's a Dremel?

OHoooo whos back :)

7. Cheapskate

Thanks.:D:lol:
    Now let the log drift back to nostalgia land...

8. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Don't you dare!

9. sixfootsideburns

sixfootsideburns modeteer

hahahaha guys look, Cheaps made a funny

10. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

HEEEEEEEEE"S BAAAAA-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAcK!