1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other London Vigilantes

Discussion in 'General' started by Tynecider, 18 Jan 2013.

1. bodkin

bodkin Overheating

Went to a funeral for a young lad who died far to young from cancer. Faith and religion gave him a lot of of support and strength to allow him to keep his chin up, even when going from a fit OCdt to a shadow of himself in a few months.

That was a positive IMHO

2. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

I just mean all the teachings that they have about it.

I think its a tragedy that religion has become to mean bigots who want to control others not the kind people that once held your local village fate. (Once again not a preacher/religious, I just don't like the injustice that this all causes.)

3. Arthur

Arthur It's for 'erberts !

Guess they edited out the bit where they were hiding behind the rubbish bins when the 2 skinheads walked past the mosque :eyebrow:

4. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

I don't really know what to think of this. Maybe it's just some kind of (terrible) humor these guys have. Why would they film the thing?

And if they're serious - they're still just 2 morons bothering random people on the street, happens all the time.
    I'm amazed how quickly some people jump to conclusions from such a little video, just read the YT comments ffs…

“F**k Mohammad the dirty pig.” (top comment!…)
    “You ask me to embrace Islam? I ask you to F**K OFF back to the 3rd world!”
    “Your brothers are s**t, mud and lice dirty animal! Your f**king nation has done nothing in the world, you are like worms, you can only consume! Do you know my dirty friend what can happen to worms?! ”
    “[reply to other comment]Really? Your a muslim b*****d?! You've just confirmed my words dirty, black s**t!”

… and this stuff gets thumbs ups. :wallbash:

5. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

i think i need to jump in here. Some people might not know but i'm Muslim (surprise!!!!) Haha....

I practice my religion as best i can (im not perfect) but what these people are doing has nothing to do with religion, all these stories that you read or listen to on the news have nothing to do with Islam.

Edit: just read the comments as well and i see this too often, it feels like the media (especially daily mail) are trying to push this country back into those dark ages again

6. Tynecider

Tynecider Since ZX81

Thanks for moving the thread nex ::thumbsup::

7. Somer_Himpson

Somer_Himpson What's a Dremel?

I would have agreed with him that alcohol is bad then lamped him with my bottle of white lightning. Muslim patrol my arse. **** off back to jalalabad if you don't like it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

8. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

they will do this to the wrong people and end up in hospital...

9. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

These kids are just trying to cause a uproar among normal people and the religion.

need to be put in prison for trying to cause riots like them other idiots last year.

10. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Daily Fail is at it again, I agree this is but one group of voices that are speaking for an entire religion or is viewed as the voice of an entire religion.

These guys are idiots and the comments I didn't even bother too look at.

11. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

To be clear, is this a case of a couple of guys deciding one night to go around being morons, or is this actually an endemic problem? It seems like the reaction has been just a tad disproportionate.

12. Rhydian

Rhydian What's a Dremel?

Just a couple of morons, but like most religions/groups there are a certain set of people who just hate everyone that isn't part of it.

13. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 ^It was funny when I was 12

Far too many muslims try to disassociate themselves (and turn a blind eye) from the extremists in your culture. As the saying goes:
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
    I'm sorry, but have you had a peak at how backward most muslim countries are? You are granted the freedom of religion in the western world, but enter the muslim world, and you'll be burned at the figurative stake for speaking ill of allah. Nevermind any of the other crap that goes on...

14. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I'm up for creating a Sith zone. Anyone fancy electrocuting a few people with me? We can also destroy planets on weekends - if we can find enough dedicated drivers.

15. Tynecider

Tynecider Since ZX81

Daily Mail?
    This was pulled from BBC 360 Youtube account???

Confused

16. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

THE JEDI WAY IS THE ONLY TRUE WAY! DIE YOU ******* SITH SCUM!

17. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

OMG I genuinely thought you were an Eskimo the first time I met you :D:D

The difference here is you go about your daily business and do thing the right way as opposed to shoving it down peoples throats like those idiots.

18. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

All religion will have extremes, you cannot have the nice ones with out the bad.

19. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Muslim patrol dressed like the average chav....

20. GMC

GMC Minimodder

Couple things bother me about all this.

Why should we need a belief structure and dogma (which always reduce situational flexibility) to have decent ethical and moral behaviour?
    IMO religion is an unnecessary crutch in most peoples case, covering shortfalls of their personality, identity, and social circle that means they need something else to 'believe' in and take comfort from. Read some moral and ethical philosophy, start with just utilitarianism and Kant and you've got a fair bit to work with. Hell, read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance for a tour of philosophy.

Doesn't Islam have some equivalent of the catholic excommunication? I'd personally be less inclined to the distaste I have for that particular religion if I could see that it's leaders were seeking exert their influence to maintain reasonable behaviour in their following and assist in managing the extremists instead of simply distancing from them. The aspects of Islam like living by the laws of the land you are in seem to be ignored by many of the faith with apparent immunity from the only authority they claim to recognise. The faith, I'm sorry to say, are not separate to the extremists and have a responsibility to loudly denounce and call them to task for their hypocrisy.

Also, can I make an atheist area where we recognise that invisible friends are an irrational delusion in adults and treat people who determine their behaviour by any god's will as we would anyone else suffering from a delusional perspective.

Finally, most modern religious conflict seems to surround the islam and traditionally Christian regions. Anyone else wonder why there is less media report of these conflicts in Asia? Does it happen less? I also want to see the jokers in the video pull their stunts outside the scientology building I think that could have some amusement value - though not sure who I'd be rooting for :D

In case not apparent I'm atheist. Buddhism is the only religion I have any spiritual sympathies with as it carries a fair bit of overlap to my own sense of ethics and morality.