Modding Make Your Own Raspberry Pi Case competition

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 22 Jan 2013.

1. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

Thank you very much. :thumb:

Now, onto the case design. :hip:

2. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Hi all! If anyone has any size-related questions about the Pi, I now have my own sample so just message me in the forum and I'll be happy to help.

3. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Finally a good reason to get my Pi a bettter home than the anti static bag it came in!

4. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

5. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

I thought about this last year, but I'm too lazy to get past the idea stage. I have a plan that would require the case to be in two parts. Is the 6" restriction total length.
    Also if anyone wants any info or dimensions I have a pi and can hep with measurements or images, though I don't have any digital calipers I'm afraid. Is the £10 limit for case materials or for everything. For example if I wanted to use an m to f extension cable does that come into the cost of the case? I assume it would but I'd like to be sure.

6. Combatus

There's no limit to the cost of the materials - I was I simply saying you shouldn't need to spend more than this to drum up some interest. I'll be making a case myself this month for the Pi and don't anticipate it costing more than £10 in acrylic :D Feel free to spend more if you need to.

7. Combatus

Thanks! I've added a link to this in the article.

8. Combatus

9. faxiij

faxiij Minimodder

10. Combatus

I know, we spotted him after we'd completed the article! Seeing as it's water-cooled we'll probably have to a do a news story on it instead - first water-cooled Pi in the world? :D

11. der_george

der_george What's a Dremel?

Looks like the dimension pictures are 404ing.

12. Combatus

Sorted, thanks!

13. teo331

teo331 What's a Dremel?

Can somebody participate with more than one cases, or there is some kind of limit?

14. Azariel

Azariel Minimodder

As My R-Pi is in the mail at the moment (or will soon be I hope) I would like to request a bit of clarification as well :)

Does that mean that from the outside of the case, all these ports have to be accessible at all times? Or does it mean that the ports cannot be "permanently obstructed" by the case or taken off to make it slimmer or something?

15. Combatus

teo331 - only one case per participant but you can of course make more than one and decide which one to enter at a later date.

Azariel - all ports need to be present on the board and useable at all times - they can't be permanently obstructed although we would allow them to be hidden by removable covers or doors.

16. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

Oh dear mine looks properly embarassing comapared to everything else, especially the [THING] its looking amazing!

17. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

http://www.micropumps.co.uk/

Looks like an M200 series pump- not exactly cheap either...

18. Phame

Phame COOOOFFFFEEEEE

Thats is correct, cost me more then the RPi :)

19. Azariel

Azariel Minimodder

I feel left out....*sobs*

Tags: Add Tags