1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Mankz no longer Mod?!

Discussion in 'General' started by fuus, 8 Jan 2013.

1. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

They know it's good quality here.:thumb:

2. Plugs

Plugs Minimodder

Thats why moderators are supposed to illegitimately ban people. :duh:

3. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Basically, Bit-tech is actually run by a crack team of ninja pandas...

so THAT would explain it :lol:

the never-ending tide of spambots...

i can only imagine how fierce THAT digital war is. @nexxo, it get any worse as a super-mod?

I say it's a good news, it mean the good old Mankz will be back soon, more funnier than ever !

i may not have been around but ive certainly gone back for a few years so i agree!:D

Last edited: 8 Jan 2013
  4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

If we could just merge the bit-tech form database to here, that would help me immensely. Cheers thanks.

Also,

Dear Nex, I would like to invite you...

;)

Last edited by a moderator: 9 Jan 2013
  5. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

FFS, now I have to feel bad twice when I don't buy Asus. It'd be alright if Xtra still worked for GB but he doesn't!

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Congratz Manks, Make me a Mod, then Asus can hire me and the cycle of Bit Tech Life can continue. I am obviously joking but hey one can dream.

Come play soon MankZ I miss giving you noob abuse.

7. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Just when I was about to place my order at Scan for the Asus mobo. Guess it'll have to be the Gigabyte board now.....sigh..

8. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

What MankZ goes to Asus boards start falling apart? :lol:

9. siliconfanatic

this. this. thisthisthis. there ahve been soo many awesome mods ive missed on that site... ntm, b-t and rog have similair interests:dremel:... plus the slight cash inflow might reduce the use of adverts:thumb::cooldude:. soo many benefits could come from pretty much merging bt and rog:naughty:. cant think of any big cons:eyebrow:. aside from the need for beefier servers as that many more members+ afternoon rush= uh, boss, we need new hardware. why? theres smoke coming from the server.:hehe:

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Cheque is in the post siliconfanatic

:D

11. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

You have no idea how hard work it is! Mods and Super mods are the same really, minor differences in permissions behind the scenes, but we all fight spam valiantly.

On Mankz's point about not banning anyone, you normal people are behaving yourselves, we've all nuked thousands of spam accounts.

12. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Bindi if you had an option to change the colour scheme I might frequent the Rog boards more often but the white on black colour scheme is horrible to read.

Congrats on the new job Mankz. :rock:

13. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

White hat request logged!

Last edited: 9 Jan 2013
  14. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I would hate if bit and rog merged.

I came to bit-tech before the days of Dennis media, when information and reviews was at best impartial, and the conclusions of many reviews could swing for the underdog of brands at times. At this time CPC was on the rampage of only supporting and blowing trumpets about ASUS, which if anything since Denis took over the reviews has allowed the motherboard market to fall to an all time low of brand choice.

Anyone remember Abit, Epox, and DFI?

I love bit-tech's mod's of present and past, and I understand that a few have been placed in a awkward cross-roads between career and hobby, and frankly money and career opportunities help grease the gears of life. Hell if Asus offered me a job I'd jump all over it.

Miss Tim, but glad bindi still sticks around

15. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I miss Tim too. That guy was awesome.

Whatever happened to harry?

16. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

DFI went to concentrate on the consumer/OEM market as thats where most of their profit comes from IIRC.. I used to love their boards.. I mean, the NF4 Ultra-D was a beast of a board..

The only product I've ever owned when It was a pleasant surprise when the system actually turned on because the mobo hadn't borked itself yet again... and that thing ate USB devices for breakfast.

17. siliconfanatic

so are you trying to say the review/b-t as whole would become biased towards asus? if so, i couldnt complain as every board i have from them is rocksteady, tkaes a licking keeps on kicking.

18. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Hah, that was brilliant, wasn't it? I used to love my NFII Ultra for that as well. I had an NF4 Expert which didn't have as many niggles, and my X48-T2 board has been totally reliable for the past couple of years. They were boards which had a character, almost a personality when you got really far into the settings trying to coax that last MHz out of a chip.

19. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

This.

And mine came second hand from a 1337 0v3rc10ck3r covered in thermal grease and Vaseline.. :rolleyes:

20. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Don't want to think about what they got up to with it...