1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Maple's Colossal Problem; CPU whining

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by maple, 21 Jun 2012.

1. maple

maple Minimodder

thank you for looking at boards for me however my ps3 internet browser has problems with ebay/paypal

I can view the boards just fine though its when you log in and try to go any further you get stuck, i'm ooing to have to wait tilll someone has one on the forum, but those boards i'm guessing I can get a decent oc with them?

But i need it as cheap as possible like the shirty board obviously at that price range i'm not expecting to overclock

2. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

I would expect at least a good overclock out of all of those boards but if you'd rather just get the PC up and running then put up a wanted post in the marketplace and see if anyone has one.

3. maple

maple Minimodder

i

Last edited: 18 Mar 2013
  4. maple

maple Minimodder

New Problem:

My i5 2400 from my beast pc has been making this whining sound, its happened a lot before but its really annoying now I think its the cpu as I have my head really close to it and feel thats where the sound is coming from

5. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

I very much doubt it is coming from the cpu, probably from the power phases etc around the cpu, what motherboard do you have?

6. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

It will be cap whine from mobo power phases or the psu. What mobo and psu do you have?

7. maple

maple Minimodder

motherboard is asus p8h61 pro and psu is coolermaster 500w silent pro

also it happens while gaming! right now as im replying there is no whining

8. aramil

aramil One does not simply upgrade Forums

I had a similar issue with an asus p5kc when I had with a Q6600 @ 3.8Ghz (dropped it to 3.6 and no noise). It will most probably be cap whine from the motherboard.

9. maple

maple Minimodder

Is it anything to worry about?

10. aramil

aramil One does not simply upgrade Forums

Not really COILS buzz(and they are in all power regulation systems, psu, video card motherboard, etc....).

This does not always mean a defect.

Turning off power management helps since the frequency and voltage are going all over the place (the cpu voltage is adjusting constantly) but you will then be running a fixed voltage.

It is very hit and miss, some boards do it, others do not (some are well known for it). It can even be a combination of a board and psu, that separately work fine.

As for a cap blowing because of this? I have not seen or had one. (Not to say it can't happen)

You can RMA the board(most companies will do it over this), but sometimes you just get the same or worse thing back.

11. maple

maple Minimodder

thank you, atleast no major problem will just leave and put up with it