1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Metaversa 2.0: Even More Messing about with concepts...

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Nexxo, 25 Apr 2011.

1. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Interfacing it with an Android device for expanded control and capabilities.

2. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

This mobo and sli card reminds me of something :lol:. Nice design here Nexxo.

I bought myself some old wood handtool this weekend ... and I'm drooling while watching at my wife's dad pathe radio / wax-vynil (33-45-78 turn) tube player. It need to be fixed (mainly replacing the aging caps and recabling everything with nice cables). Can't wait to hear it sing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Arduino's language is very close to C language. You can find a lot of example (and even full code) with google. This is what I like with arduino, the community around it is really huge.

3. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

looks really good.. passive radiator

that arduino is pretty cool if you wanted to make it out of control.. still remember that guy who made the 8 rotor helecopter using them with a gps

[​IMG]

4. barry99705

barry99705 sudo rm -Rf /

Not so sure about that wooden top. It's going to restrict the warm air currents created from radiators. It will also probably crack after a year or so from the heat. I'd do the top in some kind of metal, with plenty of holes in it. Maybe make the back look like one of those old fashioned brass floor vents.

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Yeah, Arduinos are cool! :thumb:

I was wondering about the wooden top. I also considered the possibility of two 3x140mm radiators, which would indeed have those registers on it (is that what they are called? I was googling for "grille". Thanks!).

Annoyingly I have already redesigned the thing in my head yet again. Now it is a tower with unfolding radiators (servos and Arduino?), and unfolding DVD drive and control panels. It's a bit more like the original designs but easier to build. Watch this space...

6. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

I haven't posted in the project logs, or perused them in a long time. But I saw "Metaversa 2.0" and had to read the thread. I joined BT as your original was just finishing, really enjoyed it. So best of luck with this current build, especially finding the right people to make stuff.

7. GuilleAcoustic

I do not know if you saw that my friend ... but their is a special offer on the limited edition gold anodized cape cora passive RAD (thanks aquatuning) : http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/product_info.php/info/p10811_Cape-Cora-142-extention-module-gold.html

[​IMG]

EDIT : Just a question. How much of this beauties would I need to keep a i5 2500K and a HD5870 totally cool ?

Last edited: 1 Aug 2011
  8. Nexxo

Wow! That's fortuitous! Thanks for the tip!

And an i5 2500K (95W) and an HD5870 (188W) is totally managable with 8 to 10 units.

9. Nexxo

Hmmm.. Beagleboard? :D

10. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

Since you helped me I decided to come over here.

The design and look is very unique and awesome. How do normal people come up with stuff like this??

And I agree that golden rad will fit well with the style.

11. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Buy Nexxo... BUY BUY BUY

12. KayinBlack

The Illuminato will do it with a USB host shield. No need for uber-expensive electronics, though Liquidware will sell you a really spiffy Android device kit that might could do it all too

13. GuilleAcoustic

I agree .... £9 off per rad .... something around £90 / £100 saved in you case .... maybe could be invested in a brass pump cover :lol::lol:

14. Nexxo

Annoyingly, it turns out that the golden version is the older model, not the better-performing HF model with the better T-fittings. And you cannot interchange them. :(

By the way Guille, since you're the resident speaker and amp expert, you may like this modding idea: http://blog.theboomcase.com/

Last edited: 1 Aug 2011
  15. GuilleAcoustic

Damned, sorry mate :wallbash:.

I like those old case and what they done with them :clap::lol::clap:. Nice link, the super mario one reminds me of a nice set of DIY speaker (from desktop model to floorstander one's) using PVC pipe (very marioish :hehe:).

Those speakers are pure beauties too : http://www.extravaganzi.com/solid-concrete-speakers-by-shmuel-linski/

It reminds me that I promised a DIY speaker / amp thread. Since I'm back from vacations, it's time to cook this thread ;).

16. Nexxo

Not your fault, mate. In any case it has given me a good idea what they look like in gold/brass. I may look into re-anodising them. Or hope that Alphacool continues their new trend with the HF line.

Awesome. Start posting!

17. KayinBlack

I'll see if I have a recipe for DIY gold anodizing. I just might...

I can look into if I have the equipment here, if you'd like. If I do, I can do them for you when we get done with SukoshiCon and the demo of my game there.

18. Nexxo

You're like donuts, man! Is there anything you can't do? :p

That would be cool. I wonder if I could etch a pattern in them as well --sort of like those ornate Victorian radiators. But perhaps I should not go crazy.

19. GuilleAcoustic

Etching would be very nice. I have a link to a steampunk forum lying around. I'll send it to you if you want.

By the way, I also have the vacuum tube cookbook ebook. Tell me if you're interested, I can send it to you too.

20. KayinBlack

Throw a pic up here of what you want. There's a two-color anodize I know that can do it. I'd need to see if I could do the resist for it.